• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • urko
    Electric Prunes
    • Feb 2002

Cardboard Bass

Can think of worse uses for cardboard......

info at AngryBassClef.comMade In DetroitThousands sold worldwideThe 10th Anniversary Bogdon Box Bass will be introduced later 2017

For folks sake!
  • Antwhiplash

There was a tramp in Liverpool who usedto have a cardboard guitar with stings drawn on in marker pen who would just strum away going "plinky plinky plink plinky plink...." ad infinitum!
    He could of then gone breakdancing with this

Comment

• Antwhiplash

By the way, what is the HTML to put a picture in a post, just tried the usual HTML (copied from the page source of a post with an image on this site) & in the preview it didn't show up Would have looked boss!

Comment

• benjamin hatton
        Lonely Jelly
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Antwhiplash
        By the way, what is the HTML to put a picture in a post, just tried the usual HTML (copied from the page source of a post with an image on this site) & in the preview it didn't show up Would have looked boss!
        you can't post images directly here anymore, you need to use a site like imageshack or something similar, host the picture there and then paste the link in your post here ....
        http://soundcloud.com/benjaminhatton

http://mixcloud.com/benjaminhatton

Comment

• Antwhiplash

Originally posted by benjamin hatton
          you can't post images directly here anymore, you need to use a site like imageshack or something similar, host the picture there and then paste the link in your post here ....
          That's what i tried to do, the picture is held elswhere, tried to link to it but didn't work.

Comment

• dave_kinky
            Animated Egg
            • Oct 2005

There was a tramp in Liverpool who usedto have a cardboard guitar with stings drawn on in marker pen who would just strum away going "plinky plinky plink plinky plink...." ad infinitum!
            He could of then gone breakdancing with this
            http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/6...003156l7oz.jpg
            Oh my god I think I remember him! I think one day he was down by Mathew St playing a paint tin as a drum wearing a kids plastic army helmet. With leaf camouflage. Early 90's!

Comment

• Antwhiplash

Originally posted by dave_kinky
              Oh my god I think I remember him! I think one day he was down by Mathew St playing a paint tin as a drum wearing a kids plastic army helmet. With leaf camouflage. Early 90's!
              That's him, what a star he was, made quite a bit of dosh by the look of it, dissapeared for a while & we all thought he was dead, then he turned up again for a bit (always near Matthew Street), then dissapeared again.
              I reckon he's touring the world with a cardboard orchestra

Comment

• Brass Monkey
                Don King
                • Nov 2005

That's him, what a star he was, made quite a bit of dosh by the look of it, dissapeared for a while & we all thought he was dead, then he turned up again for a bit (always near Matthew Street), then dissapeared again.
                I reckon he's touring the world with a cardboard orchestra
                When I remember him he had upgraded from cardboard to plywood and if i think they painted a picture of him on the wall of the Irish Pub (name escapes me but probs had bicycles on the ceiling) he used to play outside. Nosoul probably used to drink with the fella - he'll remember his name.
                I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Comment

• Antwhiplash

Originally posted by Brass Monkey
                  he had upgraded from cardboard to plywood
                  This is obviously when it all started to go wrong, got to big for his boots & his genuine fans left in disgust, nearly as big a deal as when The Beatles left for London.
                  I can't believe you mentioned that pub, how dare you, 1st went in there when i was about 17 & now i'm 40 & went a couple of years ago last & just cause you mentioned it now i can't remember the name either

Comment

• benjamin hatton
                    Lonely Jelly
                    • Dec 2004

That's what i tried to do, the picture is held elswhere, tried to link to it but didn't work.
                    click on the "insert image" button (it's the yellow one that looks like a mountain or summat), and then paste the link, hopefully that should work....
                    http://soundcloud.com/benjaminhatton

http://mixcloud.com/benjaminhatton

Comment

• Brass Monkey
                      Don King
                      • Nov 2005

This is obviously when it all started to go wrong, got to big for his boots & his genuine fans left in disgust, nearly as big a deal as when The Beatles left for London.
                      I can't believe you mentioned that pub, how dare you, 1st went in there when i was about 17 & now i'm 40 & went a couple of years ago last & just cause you mentioned it now i can't remember the name either
                      I'm getting apples in the pub title but might be wrong (or was it Rosie O'Grady's?). Also - he used to do Beatles covers only.

I dispute your assertion that he earned bags of cash cuz he was a tramp and he smelt of poo and if he had earned bags of cash he would have washed, shaved and used a toilet rather than his trousers.
                      I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Comment

• dave_kinky
                        Animated Egg
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Brass Monkey
                        When I remember him he had upgraded from cardboard to plywood and if i think they painted a picture of him on the wall of the Irish Pub (name escapes me but probs had bicycles on the ceiling) he used to play outside. Nosoul probably used to drink with the fella - he'll remember his name.
                        That was it. By the Irish pub, cold winter morning, plastic tub for a drum. Coooome on!

Comment

• Antwhiplash

Woo-Hoo! Thanks Benjamin.
                          It may not be a cardboard instrument but at least you'd look cool breakdancing to this mother

Comment

• bogdon
                            Hot Butter
                            • Sep 2006

cardboard bass

drat! so i'm NOT the first?

Comment

Working...
                            X