Guest Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest Charts

Might be a little late for the April guest charts, but I would like to submit some of my finds from this past month for the guest charts. I have the digital camera and of course am willing to write up a summary of each record. I actually chanced on bunch of records I knew nothing about yesterday and turned out some very decent stuff.

Do I just create a Word Document as it would appear on the board and attach in an email, or do the reviews and pictures seperate and then forward? Is there a minimum size or any other requirements? Of course if I am out of line, feel free to shoot me down. Thanks guys,
    Sue
  • wayne
    Lonely Jelly
    • Jan 2003

Uh, can I ask the same as Sue? Have a good 10 albums I could do something with from the past month or two, so wouldn't mind a crack at submitting something either...
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

• sermad
      Chocolate Rain
      • Apr 2003

well I know chris is away right now so hopefully sie will jump in.

In the mean time If you're going to try and do a chart I would think it has be done really really fast because the update is this weekend (or thereabouts). Im sending my stuff in tonight so the guys get a bit of space to fit mine in.

If your ok at editing web pages then I would grab a chart off the site and just replace the copy with yours. Then just zip it all up with the images and send it to sie and chris.
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

• wayne
        Lonely Jelly
        • Jan 2003

</span>
        Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] ]Quote: from sermad on 3:37 pm on Mar. 26, 2003
        If your ok at editing web pages then I would grab a chart off the site and just replace the copy with yours. Then just zip it all up with the images and send it to sie and chris.
        <span =''>

What if you aren't? Maybe there's a template or something...

I was thinking more of a timescale for a May update, really, as I'd assume April stuff is getting ready to go up by now...

Nice Soulstrut mix, by the way - good call on that 101 Strings number...the rest was pretty much new to me &amp; all pretty cool...
        a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

• sermad
          Chocolate Rain
          • Apr 2003

if you aren't...ok

grab this file.

use this as a template. Then you need an html editor. Dreamweaver is the most popular on pc. You can edit the web page like a word document. You can get a trial from here -

Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. We help our customers create, deliver and optimize content and applications.

You'll need to *ahem* crack it as it runs out in 30 days.

I wouldnt recommend opening the file with word - it will add loads of horrible crap to it.

I bunged in free html editor into google and got this -

Solutions for the Webmaster - Over 3 million users use our free HTML Editor, Web Hosting, Web Design, Website Builder and Website Promotion products and services.

it seems sound.

Sie and chris will be best on time scales but sooner the better I would think. Latest would be maybe a few days before an update - but I think thats pushing it.

and cheers for liking the mix - its basically the same as the Xmas mix I did. New one in the works right now...and I can't believe it but I think I can top the last one!

(Edited by sermad at 3:58 pm on Mar. 26, 2003)

Comment

• wayne
            Lonely Jelly
            • Jan 2003

the free html editor at evrsoft no longer seems to be available, but they are offering SerifWebPlus6.0 as a free download - all others (inc Dreamweaver) are 'try out' affairs, which I suppose would do to get the job done...Is the Serif one any cop?

Been meaning to look into web-editing stuff for ages, but always make a try &amp; get deluged by different things, which I've no idea how to sort out...so retreat to not bothering till later. Anyway, sure I can find something, somewhere...

Comment

• sermad
              Chocolate Rain
              • Apr 2003

I dont know about any of em mate. Hardcore web geeks like meself do it all in notepad.

Comment

• wayne
                Lonely Jelly
                • Jan 2003

I won't even ask!!

Hey, isn't that a bumper sticker:

&quot;Hardcore Web Geeks Do It In Notepad&quot;

:biggrin:

Comment

• Sie Vulture
                  Zapatta Schmidt
                  • Nov 2001

Hi Folks - sorry we're a bit late on this, but Chris is in Brussels and I'm working away from home at the moment too!

Basically, guest charts - send me a zip file with your 10 jpegs (trimmed and resized to 250 x 250 pixels if you could) and your words as a Microsoft Word document. I'll then add them to the templates and load 'em up !

Send to my email address if you would...

Sound OK ?? Easy !

Oooh, msg to all contributors - I'm looking to get the files ready for update on Sunday nite, when I get back from Amsterdam (assuming I'm not toooo battered !!)

So, stuff for April update = Sunday.

If not, it'll definitely make May !!

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• bongolia
                    Chocolate Rain
                    • May 2002

Notepad?

pah, hardcore geeks do it in vi or Emacs...

Comment

• wayne
                      Lonely Jelly
                      • Jan 2003

Thanks for that...so I can put off getting further into html editing for a bit longer.

Will send something on for consideration for the May update over the next couple of weeks &amp; *hopefully* you'll like it...

Comment

• Sie Vulture
                        Zapatta Schmidt
                        • Nov 2001

Cheers Wayne - Charts from yourself and Sue will be welcomed ! Of course we'll dig what you send us, there's no vinyl snobbery here !!

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• wayne
                          Lonely Jelly
                          • Jan 2003

Pretty sure the vinyl will be OK...it's my words &amp; digital photography I'm worried about!

Comment

• Sie Vulture
                            Zapatta Schmidt
                            • Nov 2001

OK, here's how I take photo's... I'm sure some of the other V V regulars will have ideas too....

First up - get into natural daylight. I usually get outside or into an open doorway if I can. Pop the record on the floor (on a mat or towel or something to protect your rare finds !) and stand above it and shoot straight down onto it with the flash switched off.... usually does the trick !!

Good luck !!

(p.s. no taking the p*ss you lot, it works from me!)

Comment

• sermad
                              Chocolate Rain
                              • Apr 2003

Big up sie - this method works 100%

I invested in a cheap 20 quid tripod and marked a little area of my patio with the outline of a record.

Then I just lay it down to fit and snap away. The major plus is that its fast and you don't get back ache!

When that swedish camera crew came round my gaff - I asked how much one of the white lights cost...bout 400 quid he said! Daylight it is then

Comment

Working...
                              X