Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Kid Acne "Romance Ain't Dead" Lp Launch Party, Sheffield, 15 Sept...

  1. #1

    Default Kid Acne "Romance Ain't Dead" Lp Launch Party, Sheffield, 15 Sept...

    Kid Acne "Romance Ain't Dead" LP Launch Party....
    Saturday 15th September '07
    The Shakespeare, Gibraltar Street, Sheffield
    Free Entry

    Kid Acne live set to celebrate the release (in stores 17th Sept.) of the new "Romance Ain't Dead" Lp on Lex/EMI plus DJ's Benjamin Hatton, Daddy Bones and Amy Dutronc...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Alpha Ralpha Boulevard
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Who produced this album? Req?

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeatsDeluxe View Post
    Who produced this album? Req?
    Yeah, Req did the initial programming/writing beats on most tracks but they were then produced by Ross Orton (MIA, Fat Truckers, etc.), made 'em sound super-heavy!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Alpha Ralpha Boulevard
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Cool, I had forgotten about these guys.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeatsDeluxe View Post
    Cool, I had forgotten about these guys.
    yeah, the new LP got delayed for various reasons but it's all back on track now....there's 3 new videos up on YouTube at the moment...check 'em out if you've got a minute "Worst Luck", "Sliding Doors" and "Roc Roc Radio"....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Alpha Ralpha Boulevard
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjamin hatton View Post
    yeah, the new LP got delayed for various reasons but it's all back on track now....there's 3 new videos up on YouTube at the moment...check 'em out if you've got a minute "Worst Luck", "Sliding Doors" and "Roc Roc Radio"....
    Yeah, just checked them. "Got two phones like a drug dealer" brilliant!
    What was the last release from these guys before this one? I've been a fan since the days of "frequency jams", but after req's "sketch book" I didn't pay attention anymore (what the hell was that record all about anyway?)

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeatsDeluxe View Post
    Yeah, just checked them. "Got two phones like a drug dealer" brilliant!
    What was the last release from these guys before this one? I've been a fan since the days of "frequency jams", but after req's "sketch book" I didn't pay attention anymore (what the hell was that record all about anyway?)
    Kid Acne's done 2 Lp's previously "Rap Traffic" and "Council Pop" (both produced by Req), plus various singles..."worst Luck" and "Sliding Doors" should still be available at the moment...
    Req's been pretty quiet release-wise lately, he did another LP "Car Paint Scheme" on Warp after "Sketchbook" but I think he's just pottering about at the moment, he got into playing live with a jazz band, not sure that there's much planned as far as releases...
    Yeah, "Sketchbook" was a bit of a departure from the others but had it's moments I thought, if you liked "Frequency Jams" I reckon you'd dig "Car Paint Scheme"....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The past!
    Posts
    15,223

    Default

    when are you guy's doing newcastle like ben mate? please drop me a pm with the detials y'all. cheers craig

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr sayers View Post
    when are you guy's doing newcastle like ben mate? please drop me a pm with the detials y'all. cheers craig
    sorry Craig, meant to reply to your text the other day
    We're playing Saturday 27th October, i'll find out venue etc.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The past!
    Posts
    15,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjamin hatton View Post
    sorry Craig, meant to reply to your text the other day
    We're playing Saturday 27th October, i'll find out venue etc.
    cool no problem ben mate.

Similar Threads

  1. Staff Carpenborg "FANTASTIC PARTY"
    By The Divine One in forum Wants
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-04-2007, 11:13 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-04-2007, 12:25 PM
  3. Kid Acne live at Tuesday Club, Sheffield, 27th Sept.
    By benjamin hatton in forum Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-09-2005, 08:59 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2005, 09:59 AM
  5. Show & ag"party groove"
    By kidsaer in forum Let's Get Stuck Into The Music
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-07-2004, 07:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •