Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Matchmaker, matchmaker...

Quote Originally Posted by Col Wolfe View Post
    a longshot....

Eyes EP pic sleeve please!
    Is this copy one that was bought, loved and separated from it's sleeve back in the day? I don't think I've ever seen a copy that wasn't mint from a box of stock copies find.
    "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe M'geek View Post
    Is this copy one that was bought, loved and separated from it's sleeve back in the day? I don't think I've ever seen a copy that wasn't mint from a box of stock copies find.
    It's one I've had for 15+ yrs (off Eric from OutOfTime Norwich) and came without the sleeve sadly - alright for 50 I thought

I don't play it really as I have the 4 tracks on 2 singles, so was thinking of being a saddo and framing it if I got hold of a pic sleeve
    new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Quote Originally Posted by Col Wolfe View Post
    It's one I've had for 15+ yrs (off Eric from OutOfTime Norwich) and came without the sleeve sadly - alright for 50 I thought

I don't play it really as I have the 4 tracks on 2 singles, so was thinking of being a saddo and framing it if I got hold of a pic sleeve

framing it?! EEK! What I'm really curious about with that one is if you look here

http://popsike.com/php/quicksearch.p...l+eyes&x=0&y=0

and from ads I remember seeing in record collector ALL of them are mint or ex apart from one sleeveless vg- copy. I think I might be shedding doubt on whether any copies actually made it to the shops back in the day, or if they all surfaced in the eighties as collectors pieces (recalling john s's story about seeing two boxes of unplayed stock in a shop years ago). I've never seen one with 'moira' written on the back sleeve, stained and grubby like these things normally turn up. I don't think I've ever heard of one turning up in 'the wild' either-
    "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

I don't think I've ever heard of one turning up in 'the wild' either-
    I saw one this summer at a market I regularly go to. The stallholder normally has pish so my EYES just about popped out of my head. He wanted 200 and it was VG(ish) - all his other 45's were 1.50 or less.

I asked him where he found it and he said he bought it in a house clearance auction in amongst a couple hundred run of the mill 45's.

Which was nice (for him)

Hurrah! Was it a sample copy or issue?

Hurrah! Was it a sample copy or issue?
    Issue i think.

Would sample copy's have that metallic stamped lettering?

I was sort of buzzing when he handed it over for me to look at.

ANGEL ON SHOULDER - "200! are you nuts you've got a 5 repro which looks almost exactly the same"

DEVIL ON OTHER SHOULDER - "Don't listen - you know you want it. That 5 one is a shitty bootleg and you know it!"

Hehe...nice- any demos on that label would have been stickered or stamped rather than a dedicated promo label. There's ONE copy on popsike in less condition, and that's a stickered demo, which is why I asked. Either way, I guess it's safe to assume that without those quantity finds in the eighties this would have been EVEN MORE money!!

Default Covers Needed

Need the covers for;
    Fantasy - Paint A Picture (Polydor) 1973. It's a long shot but if anyone has a cover?
    Haphash & The Coloured Coat - Featuring The Human Host And The Heavy Metal Kids (Minit) 1967. Red vinyl copy. Same for this one, but if anyone has a cover in any condition let me know.
    Thanks. vladislav

Default Two LP covers needed.

Picked up some albums cheaply - well twenty pence each - from a chazzer but three hsd only the inner sleves and no outer covers with all that lovely artwork on. They are in fine condition so if you folks out there have spare LP covers then i would be happy to pay the postage for them. Just PM me.

They are -

Steppenwolf "Monster" (EMI Stateside)
    Savoy Brown "Looking In" (Decca)

Yep now you can why a nice sleeve would help,even a tatty sleeve. Thanks

Okay so it will take some time....
    Last edited by daves music tank; 05-06-2008 at 08:53 AM.

We're going to fly through ze air ... 'til we get to Zaire!

Just found an OG Les Stances de Sophie minus sleeve today in Disk Union so if anyone can help on that score I'd be more than grateful. Also need a sleeve for my UA copy of Phallus Dei

Will try and post up some spare sleeves in the next few days as I am having a pre-move clear out.
    https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
    https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
    https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

(=^ェ^=)

Default Peer International

I have a Contrasts in Jazz Vol 3 (Peer International PIL 9019) sleeve which has a Frank Sterling Big Band Record inside (PIL 9032)...

Anyone need the PIL9019 sleeve? Or have a spare PIL 9032 sleeve for my record?

Looking for a generic IM (Illustration Musicale) sleeve. The 12'' one.
    Thanks

in the seaside town that they forgot to close down...

sallyangie-children of the sun album sleeve wanted - a copy [ of course ] will suffice..u.k or u.s - anyone?
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

need a sleeve for the JAMES GANG RIDES AGAIN lp.... i like the first song on there quite a lot...

Someone ages ago mentioned they had a sleeve for BYRON LEE "Reggae Hot & Cool" - don't suppose they still have it? OR are reading this thread?

To be honest, I think this section could do with being tightened up, if it's going to be effective at all. i.e. 1) Separate threads for "spare sleeves" and "sleeves wanted" and 2) A list at the start with a whole A-Z of all titles required.

A pain in the arse for moderators I'm sure, but has anyone actually managed to pair anything up yet, apart from a JAM 7" company bag once???

It's really quite a lot of work to constantly be reading the whole thread on the off chance you can help out. Rant over...

A couple of long shots here but maybe worth a go...

Saloom Sinclair and Mother Bear, S/T, on Cadet Concept.

The Deviants, Ptoof. The original PP version not the Decca reissue. Now I believe that this was actually a poster - so if anyone should come across one I'd be very grateful. Wouldn't be suprised if there are quite a few out there separated from their sleeves.

At first I bought records, then I started to collect records; now I merely accumulate records.

A very long shot but does anyone have a sleeve for the MAGIC CARPET album on MUSHROOM

Got a copy of the album yesterday.

Nae sleeve.

Lightbulb needles, haystacks?

pat prilly - 'moog sensations' mp2000

'have plastic, generously provided by patricia's father but no sleeve... any parisian vultures : gwen, arnaud, jean ?

pourquoi. allez c'est mantainon.
    collecting records taught me everything i never needed to know

soundtracks from collaborative projects :cool:

I've got a spare sleeve for a record by I 4 Camillo on star record of switzerland

Cat no CR 109

I bet someone out there needs this...I'd just love to hear the album! It looks cool as!

Don't mind obtaining the album or passing on the sleeve really. It's signed, but a bit battered
    Last edited by Joe M'geek; 02-06-2008 at 11:08 PM.

wow: some killer plastic, albeit homeless, & rare libraries too...

maybe this is more accessible:

'am in need of cover for lee dorsey's 'greatest hits' - any cheap chazzers local to you, my erstwhile collector colleagues? even one would be much appreciated.

Default needle, haystack, pt 2

well... you never know

Default needle, haystack, pt 2

well... you never know

doko eno, don't s'pose you'd care to sort me out? it's a big MCR spin!

Quote Originally Posted by cellardweller View Post

well... you never know

doko eno, don't s'pose you'd care to sort me out? it's a big MCR spin!
    You need the vinyl I take I Des?
    I think I may have a copy of it somewhere.
    You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

WOW

if we can, we will.

thanks man

Default Monster and Savoy Brown

Just reminding ..

From this Feb post ...

Quote Originally Posted by davesmusictank View Post
    Picked up some albums cheaply - well twenty pence each - from a chazzer but three hsd only the inner sleves and no outer covers with all that lovely artwork on. They are in fine condition so if you folks out there have spare LP covers then i would be happy to pay the postage for them. Just PM me.

They are -

Steppenwolf "Monster" (EMI Stateside)
    Savoy Brown "Looking In" (Decca)

Yep now you can why a nice sleeve would help,even a tatty sleeve. Thanks

Okay so it will take some time....

Hello

If anybody can help me with the following sleeves it would be greatly appreciated!

Quincy Jones – The Pawnbroker OST (Mercury) US Mono preferably

T Bone Walker – The Truth (MCA) UK Mono preferably

Jimmy McGriff – If You’re Ready Come Go With Me (Groove Merchant)

Spencer Davis Group/Traffic – Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush OST (UA) US
    Last edited by Saint Jude; 29-10-2008 at 06:44 PM.
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Jude View Post
    Spooky Tooth The Last Puff (Island) UK pink label, 3rd variation with large i
    Dunno if it's the right issue, but I've got a pink island copy of this with slightly trashed 'eggs'n'bacon sounding' vinyl in a very nice sleeve, so let me know if it's any use...
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Quote Originally Posted by wayne View Post
    Dunno if it's the right issue, but I've got a pink island copy of this with slightly trashed 'eggs'n'bacon sounding' vinyl in a very nice sleeve, so let me know if it's any use...
    My knowledge of Island releases is minimal. I assume ew have a match! I'll dig the LP out when I get home and drop you a PM.
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Just discovered my copy of The Web - 'Theraphosa Blondi' is without cover Haven't got a freakin clue where that is - On the upside i thought i had lost the LP completely

In the unlikely event that some one has a cover for this, shout !

SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

in the seaside town that they forgot to close down...

2 albums on transatlantic without sleeves - alan ginsberg - ginsberg's thing and the sallyangie album - decent photo copies would make me slightly happy for a little while.
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)