Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Matchmaker, matchmaker...

Quote Originally Posted by flytipper View Post
    ginsberg's thing

or

barry miles' biog is marvellous: allen truly was a lysergic troubadour who coldn't keep his kecks on, allegedly
    collecting records taught me everything i never needed to know

soundtracks from collaborative projects :cool:

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Jude View Post
    My knowledge of Island releases is minimal. I assume ew have a match! I'll dig the LP out when I get home and drop you a PM.
    I can't find the bloody thing now

I put all my sleeveless records in one place for safe keeping, but I can't remember where
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

I'm looking for a UK 'Bedazzled' OST sleeve to house my naked looking bit of vinyl - just on the off chance!!
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

I have a spare sleeve of Scott 4 if anyone wants it after the record arrived folded in half... So there's a crease across the back, but otherwise in good shape.
    SEALED, this has a sticker on the front reading "COLOUR VINYL" so it's probably not black vinyl, even though black is a colour.

Need a sleeve for Jackie Mittoo LP Wishbone on UK London
    cheers
    Boney
    You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Just going through some records I've not played in a while and came across this mismatched pair which were bought together about 15 years ago from the record stall at the Merrion market in Leeds. Maybe someone out there has this combination in reverse?

Ska Boo-Da-Ba - Wirl

Ska Au-Go-Go - Studio 1

hello all,

recnetly got the first MAGMA lp with only the 2nd disc ---

anyone got a spare of the 1st disc? (with tracks "kobaia", "aina", "sohia" etc..

Quote Originally Posted by cellardweller View Post

barry miles' biog is marvellous: allen truly was a lysergic troubadour who coldn't keep his kecks on, allegedly
    William Burroughs used to remove Ginsbergs "keks" on a regular basis I do believe.
    record licker

Desperately looking for the first lp of the " Divine Mustache " doublealbum by Eddie Orini.
    Does anyone here know this?
    I love my half .

Default Sylvie Vartan - ce jour la/quand tu es la

Don't suppose anyone has the picture sleeve for this 7"?

It's the '65 one. it looks like she released quand tu es la again with dire consequences:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0NTGjPBp2A
    "Jumping cues and making haste just ain't my cup of meat"

www.alexd.co.uk

Hello

If anybody can help me with the following sleeves it would be greatly appreciated!

Marvin Holmes & Justice – Summer Of ’73 (Kon-Kord)
    I've just found out this issue only came in the plain white 12" sleeve I have it in.

It's the Brown Door first pressing that has a cover

No wonder I got no responses!
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Lightbulb

No wonder I got no responses!
    Really you should have posted "Nobody? AMATEURS pffff" fourteen hours and five minutes after not receiving a response, at 05:04 AM on 15-06-2008.
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

just picked up a coverless copy of

"PRINCE BUSTER'S GREATEST HITS" on FAB

if anyone's got a spare cover.... ta.

I got a spare cover for Release music Orchestra's lovely Get the Ball. Seller gave me the wrong damn record in the right damn sleeve. Hurt me!
    it's time for some heartbeats

Quote Originally Posted by Plainstone View Post
    Just found an OG Les Stances de Sophie minus sleeve today in Disk Union so if anyone can help on that score I'd be more than grateful. Also need a sleeve for my UA copy of Phallus Dei

Will try and post up some spare sleeves in the next few days as I am having a pre-move clear out.
    dom b-music trashed his vinyl of stances ... he might be happy to part with the untrashed sleeve.

Thanks to James/Willy Fogg there is a case closed on my ten year search for a sleeve for my copy of Scott 3!

Thanks a million dude!
    "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Quote Originally Posted by Plainstone View Post
    Just found an OG Les Stances de Sophie minus sleeve today
    Quote Originally Posted by DOKO*ENO View Post
    dom b-music trashed his vinyl of stances ... he might be happy to part with the untrashed sleeve.
    when you say OG, do you mean Nessa or EMI Pathe?

can't help either way, just being a geek.

just noticed my copy of JETHRO TULL's "stand up" is a pinl label island disc in a shitty barcoded reish sleeve! -- anyone got an OG sleeve going spare? ta.

Default rare sleeves wanted!!!

a couple of rare sleeves wanted please!!!!
    jimi hendrix experience "are you experienced" uk ex-m
    tudor lodge "same" uk vertigo vg-m
    thanks

Anyone have a spare original copy of Chubby Checker Slow Twistin'(Belgium Pressing) Chubby Checker ST Ariola Label(Spain Pressing) Chubby Checker Chequered LP(London UK Pressing)
    Cover VG or better worn covers are ok,vinyl in playable condition,thanks.
    Last edited by vinylarchive; 29-01-2009 at 06:06 PM.

Anyone got a cleanish small faces- from the beginning first press on decca for me?

It's not a massive priority cos it's for an upgrade- got a nice 'Ex' vinyl with a totally knackered sleeve with a tear on it...just thought I'd chuck that out there
    "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Quote Originally Posted by wayne View Post
    Still seeking these three sleeves...

Gabor Szabo: Jazz Raga (UK Columbia issue ideally)
    The Purple Gang - Strikes (Transatlantic)
    Need a sleeve for Dizzy Gillespie's 'Portrait Of Jenny' on Perception as well...

...and picked up an empty but ex condition Czerwone Gitary 1st LP (Pronit) sleeve the other week if anyone needs it.
    Last edited by wayne; 02-04-2009 at 03:02 PM.
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Here's a shout out for a 'mr fox' sleeve on transatlantic- the silvery, self titled one

I've got a minty copy of the lp, with nothing to keep it in- so even a totally trashed copy- with the sleeve, would be great

Maybe transatlantic sent out sleeveless copies as promos or something? Seems to be a relatively high number of their records on this thread!

An original UK mono (SX 6306) S.F Sorrow gatefold sleeve to accompany a recently acquired mono copy of The Pretty Things masterpiece would be superb - however, if anyone has a Stereo copy that would be better than the die-cut card sleeve the record is currently residing in.

(In the right thread this time...)

Sleeve for Fairport Convention's Unhalfbricking, and the record for the What We Did in Our Holidays LP.

i have here a spare pic sleeve of bintangs "see me waiting" on dutch CNR, if anyone needs it, give a shout.

on the other hand, i'm looking for a GO records company sleeve .....anyone?

cheers
    what for?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe M'geek View Post
    Here's a shout out for a 'mr fox' sleeve on transatlantic- the silvery, self titled one

I've got a minty copy of the lp, with nothing to keep it in- so even a totally trashed copy- with the sleeve, would be great

Maybe transatlantic sent out sleeveless copies as promos or something? Seems to be a relatively high number of their records on this thread!
    Funny you say that - if there is one label that constantly throws up copes of records without sleeves, and generally with the names of the artists/title/cat.no on the inner then it's Transatlantic/Xtra albums.

I hear that Decca used to do the same thing with their EPs - in fact, I've seen a whole batch of Decca-pressed EPs in plain brown die-cut sleeves, and I believe they were obtained from a reviewer.

My Mr Fox lp came in an oversized brown envelope with 'Mr Fox lp- 2 copies' written on it and crossed out...definitely gives me the vibe of a review or test pressing thing- which is nice, but I wish they'd either stuck a 'demo' on the label to vindicate that, or stuck proof sleeves on the promos or something!- it's a lovely copy as well...

If it's a label thing...maybe someone out there needs a 'little free rock' sleeve? I've given up trying to unwarp my copy, and even if I did, it's a vg- at best...

Just found my copy of Sinatra's Songs For Swinging Lovers part 2 7" EP is smashed. So the sleeves going begging.
    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Thumbs up quintessence

quintessence - in blissfull company, pink island foc cover...

anyone?
    Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others