• Show
Clear All
  • Joe M'geek
    Lonely Jelly
    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
    a longshot....

Eyes EP pic sleeve please!
    Is this copy one that was bought, loved and separated from it's sleeve back in the day? I don't think I've ever seen a copy that wasn't mint from a box of stock copies find.
    "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

• Col Wolfe
      Billy Ocean
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Joe M'geek View Post
      Is this copy one that was bought, loved and separated from it's sleeve back in the day? I don't think I've ever seen a copy that wasn't mint from a box of stock copies find.
      It's one I've had for 15+ yrs (off Eric from OutOfTime Norwich) and came without the sleeve sadly - alright for £50 I thought

I don't play it really as I have the 4 tracks on 2 singles, so was thinking of being a saddo and framing it if I got hold of a pic sleeve
      new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

• Joe M'geek
        Lonely Jelly
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
        It's one I've had for 15+ yrs (off Eric from OutOfTime Norwich) and came without the sleeve sadly - alright for £50 I thought

I don't play it really as I have the 4 tracks on 2 singles, so was thinking of being a saddo and framing it if I got hold of a pic sleeve

framing it?! EEK! What I'm really curious about with that one is if you look here

and from ads I remember seeing in record collector ALL of them are mint or ex apart from one sleeveless vg- copy. I think I might be shedding doubt on whether any copies actually made it to the shops back in the day, or if they all surfaced in the eighties as collectors pieces (recalling john s's story about seeing two boxes of unplayed stock in a shop years ago). I've never seen one with 'moira' written on the back sleeve, stained and grubby like these things normally turn up. I don't think I've ever heard of one turning up in 'the wild' either-
        "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

• highland cow
          Lonely Jelly
          • Oct 2005

I don't think I've ever heard of one turning up in 'the wild' either-
          I saw one this summer at a market I regularly go to. The stallholder normally has pish so my EYES just about popped out of my head. He wanted £200 and it was VG(ish) - all his other 45's were £1.50 or less.

I asked him where he found it and he said he bought it in a house clearance auction in amongst a couple hundred run of the mill 45's.

Which was nice (for him)
          www.45cat.com
          http://www.45worlds.com/

Comment

• Joe M'geek
            Lonely Jelly
            • Jul 2005

Hurrah! Was it a sample copy or issue?

Comment

• highland cow
              Lonely Jelly
              • Oct 2005

Hurrah! Was it a sample copy or issue?
              Issue i think.

Would sample copy's have that metallic stamped lettering?

I was sort of buzzing when he handed it over for me to look at.

ANGEL ON SHOULDER - "£200! are you nuts you've got a £5 repro which looks almost exactly the same"

DEVIL ON OTHER SHOULDER - "Don't listen - you know you want it. That £5 one is a shitty bootleg and you know it!"

www.45cat.com
              http://www.45worlds.com/

Comment

• Joe M'geek
                Lonely Jelly
                • Jul 2005

Hehe...nice- any demos on that label would have been stickered or stamped rather than a dedicated promo label. There's ONE copy on popsike in less condition, and that's a stickered demo, which is why I asked. Either way, I guess it's safe to assume that without those quantity finds in the eighties this would have been EVEN MORE money!!

Comment

• vladislav
                  Animated Egg
                  • Sep 2006

Covers Needed

Need the covers for;
                  Fantasy - Paint A Picture (Polydor) 1973. It's a long shot but if anyone has a cover?
                  Haphash & The Coloured Coat - Featuring The Human Host And The Heavy Metal Kids (Minit) 1967. Red vinyl copy. Same for this one, but if anyone has a cover in any condition let me know.
                  Thanks. vladislav

Comment

• daves music tank
                    IP Thief - Banned
                    • May 2007

Two LP covers needed.

Picked up some albums cheaply - well twenty pence each - from a chazzer but three hsd only the inner sleves and no outer covers with all that lovely artwork on. They are in fine condition so if you folks out there have spare LP covers then i would be happy to pay the postage for them. Just PM me.

They are -

Steppenwolf "Monster" (EMI Stateside)
                    Savoy Brown "Looking In" (Decca)

Yep now you can why a nice sleeve would help,even a tatty sleeve. Thanks

Okay so it will take some time....
                    Last edited by daves music tank; 05-06-2008, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• Plainstone
                      Lonely Jelly
                      • Sep 2006

Just found an OG Les Stances de Sophie minus sleeve today in Disk Union so if anyone can help on that score I'd be more than grateful. Also need a sleeve for my UA copy of Phallus Dei

Will try and post up some spare sleeves in the next few days as I am having a pre-move clear out.
                      https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
                      http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
                      https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
                      https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

(=^ェ^=)

Comment

• barky redwood
                        Electric Prunes
                        • Apr 2006

Peer International

I have a Contrasts in Jazz Vol 3 (Peer International PIL 9019) sleeve which has a Frank Sterling Big Band Record inside (PIL 9032)...

Anyone need the PIL9019 sleeve? Or have a spare PIL 9032 sleeve for my record?

Comment

• misterboogaloo
                          Animated Egg
                          • Jun 2005

Looking for a generic IM (Illustration Musicale) sleeve. The 12'' one.
                          Thanks

Comment

• Sie-Fly
                            Lauging Gravy
                            • Oct 2004

sallyangie-children of the sun album sleeve wanted - a copy [ of course ] will suffice..u.k or u.s - anyone?
                            Rockwell
                            Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• pencilface
                              Chocolate Rain
                              • Oct 2006

need a sleeve for the JAMES GANG RIDES AGAIN lp.... i like the first song on there quite a lot...
                              Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

• The Divine One
                                Lonely Jelly
                                • Jul 2004

Someone ages ago mentioned they had a sleeve for BYRON LEE "Reggae Hot & Cool" - don't suppose they still have it? OR are reading this thread?

To be honest, I think this section could do with being tightened up, if it's going to be effective at all. i.e. 1) Separate threads for "spare sleeves" and "sleeves wanted" and 2) A list at the start with a whole A-Z of all titles required.

A pain in the arse for moderators I'm sure, but has anyone actually managed to pair anything up yet, apart from a JAM 7" company bag once???

It's really quite a lot of work to constantly be reading the whole thread on the off chance you can help out. Rant over...
                                Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Working...
                                X