• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leebrady
    Electric Prunes
    • Feb 2005

Weekend finds 7th March

Early morning trip to the weekly flea, produced some nice records. Nolthing i've not seen before but great records anyway.

Really annoying thing happened though I was looking at a copy of le bateau lp was 30p as I inspected it some arsehole walked over snatched it out of my hand and bought it

Found

Gal costa 1st lp 1st press classic!

Gal Costa India Lp 1st press worth it for the track relance with tenorio jr and dominguinos

Caetano Veloso 69 lp 1st press his best fuzziest lp with lanny wilson das neves and gilberto gil with duprat also

Lady su- noite vai chegar (philips) great disco lp from 78 unbelievably hard to find and (I think) indemand i'd never pay much for this but 30p would be wrong to leave behind.

Antonio carlos jocafi great lp I think 1 track was used on the gilles peterson back in brazil comp it's got a few great tracks.

secos molhados top lp i've never gone more than a week without buying a copy of this great lp.
    Attached Files
  • Lordgammon
    Green Onions
    • Nov 2006

Had a look round the charities this morning (looking for old Ladybird books, but thats another story) and found a box of LP's tucked away under some old shirts and jackets, came away with this lot for a quid each :

I think the Ornette Coleman is a re-issue (very shiny cover, rounded inner sleeve), all others are original issues!

Especially pleased with the Jack Bruce, been after that for ages!
    sigpic
    This week I've been subjecting my ears to the above
    File under Popular: Whimsical Prog Pop

http://www.myspace.com/lordgammon
    http://last.fm/user/windmarbles

Comment

• piglit'n'rolf
      Lonely Jelly
      • Apr 2006

Free Jazz for a quid - that is a nice find. I think the original (though I stand to be corrected on this) was actually die-cut on the front and only had the Pollack on the inside. If this is a record you have not heard before then prepare to have your head played with. This is jazz with a capital J. Not for the novice. Hmmm, perhaps eric would like a copy for xmas?

At first I bought records, then I started to collect records; now I merely accumulate records.

Comment

• Sie-Fly
        Lauging Gravy
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by piglit'n'rolf View Post
        Free Jazz for a quid - that is a nice find. I think the original (though I stand to be corrected on this) was actually die-cut on the front and only had the Pollack on the inside. If this is a record you have not heard before then prepare to have your head played with. This is jazz with a capital J. Not for the novice. Hmmm, perhaps eric would like a copy for xmas?

love this album - it's in your face - punk rock almost !!
        Rockwell
        Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• piglit'n'rolf
          Lonely Jelly
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by flytipper View Post
          love this album - it's in your face - punk rock almost !!
          Yeah that's for sure

One of the first Jazz albums I ever bought. Completely blew the top of my head off - which it still does!!

At first I bought records, then I started to collect records; now I merely accumulate records.

Comment

• Lordgammon
            Green Onions
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by piglit'n'rolf View Post
            Looking forward to listening to it later, I have been priming myself with some Brit jazz, but as you say, I think this might be something else altogether!

It's not die-cut so I assume it's a modern pressing, has the original label design though
            sigpic
            This week I've been subjecting my ears to the above
            File under Popular: Whimsical Prog Pop

http://www.myspace.com/lordgammon
            http://last.fm/user/windmarbles

Comment

• mike sondek
              Ugly Custard
              • Aug 2006

[QUOTE=leebrady;218615]
              Really annoying thing happened though I was looking at a copy of le bateau lp was 30p as I inspected it some arsehole walked over snatched it out of my hand and bought it
              QUOTE]

& you didn't punch him in the face & snatch it back because?

secos molhados top lp i've never gone more than a week without buying a copy of this great lp.[/
              Yeah we recognise that along with that Camel Toe & the Purplewoman.

How many of those have you found before?

You must ache for a James Last LP

Comment

• TOWNY
                Wavy Gravy
                • Apr 2002

Nesh for me out in the wild of recent, just 1 today from a very windswept and small carboot - 'An exploration of Nick Drake - Heaven in a Wild Flower' so that's my Sunday afternoon sorted
                SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

• d7bohs
                  Lonely Jelly
                  • Apr 2006

No camera - daughter in France, taking camera with her; I ask you....
                  Don't usually like record fairs too much; my skinflintness and my discomfort at seeing my obsessiveness reflected back at me 100 times puts me off, but enjoyed this one.....

Stuck to the cheap bins and among plenty of other cack, came home with these:
                  Cleo Laine - Woman Talk
                  Bonnie Koloc - S/T
                  Stan Tracey's Hexad - Live at Ronnie Scott's
                  and best of all
                  Bonnie Dobson S/T (the Argo one)
                  Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

• BoneyVotel
                    Lonely Jelly
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by TOWNY View Post
                    Nesh for me out in the wild of recent
                    Same here - bone dry.
                    Managed to bag these over the weekend
                    The Passions - LP - Micheal & Miranda - Fiction
                    Don't know very much about early 80's stuff like this but this sounds OK. Got a couple of things from this era in the sAme lot, all mint & with inserts and that, so couldn't leave 'em

Bobby Bland - Get On Down - ABC
                    Disappointing blues LP

Josh White - The World Of - Decca
                    Really like this dudes voice

A few more, including a Stanley Clarke LP with a version of Born in the USA that I will never play. One 45 by the Hollywood Argles on UK London - great song - Sho' Know a Lot about Love - Rock & Roll/R&B.

Hope there's an upturn soon
                    You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

• daves music tank
                      IP Thief - Banned
                      • May 2007

My usual car boot fair at the station was not even on today and a few pickings inTunbridge Wells has made it a very poor week. Just a Blondie LP , Hot Choc best of and a live recording by Marlena Shaw (very nice).However mate Carltos has pointed me in the direction of another town not many miles from me to check out a certain place. Intrigued, will look next week sometime

Comment

• d7bohs
                        Lonely Jelly
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by BoneyVotel View Post

Bobby Bland - Get On Down - ABC
                        Disappointing blues LP
                        Probably because it was Bobby's attempt at a country record; cool versions of Charlie Rich's 'I Take it on Home' and Dan Penn's 'I Hate You' and a great, over the top 'Too Far Gone'.
                        Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

• BoneyVotel
                          Lonely Jelly
                          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by d7bohs View Post
                          Probably because it was Bobby's attempt at a country record; cool versions of Charlie Rich's 'I Take it on Home' and Dan Penn's 'I Hate You' and a great, over the top 'Too Far Gone'.
                          Will give it another spin - with different ears, cheers
                          You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

• No, LordNo
                            Ugly Custard
                            • Jun 2006

Only got two records this week, through MVE monopoly money:

John Coltrane- Expressions on Impulse, the first release after his death, one of his final recordings with Alice Coltrane, Pharoah Sanders, and Rashied Ali. Beautiful record. NM OG copy. Has an 18 min long track with Sanders on piccolo dueting with Coltrane on flute- as far as I know this is the only time Coltrane was recorded playing flute, a luminous recording.

and yesterday..Walt Dickerson- I hear you John on Steeplechase. Excellent live set - a vibraphone and percussion duet, with a lot of range, rhythm, and beautiful tonalities.

Comment

• Expiry2011
                              He's going, going... gone.
                              • Mar 2008

[QUOTE=No, LordNo;218749]Only got two records this week, through MVE monopoly money:

John Coltrane- Expressions on Impulse, the first release after his death, one of his final recordings with Alice Coltrane, Pharoah Sanders, and Rashied Ali. Beautiful record. NM OG copy. Has an 18 min long track with Sanders on piccolo dueting with Coltrane on flute- as far as I know this is the only time Coltrane was recorded playing flute, a luminous recording.

I've had my eye on that one for a while - hoping it would fall below the £20 mark - always a dangerous game to wait for prices to fall at MVE
                              "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Working...
                              X