Thread: Future antiques

has anyone seen a copy of a japanese book called "Surburbia Suite : Future Antiques"? is it any good? worth getting?

as far as i can tell it's a design book but it just features pictures of rare funky record sleeves (if my understanding of it is correct which is why i'm asking before i buy).

and yes, i do like looking at pictures of records. can't see anything wrong with that, personally.

I love my book which is choc full of BlueNote album sleeves

(currently being sold off in Helter Skelter's closing down sale @ £5 a pop I'm told - bargain&#33
    SMOKE on SPOKE is OUT NOW!!!! >>> SEE HERE <<< 1970 East Anglian Heavy Rock with Psychedelic Flourishes and stuff.

My Dad used to have a book called The Rock Album on the coffee table back when I was a kid and I&#39;m sure it did me irreperable vinyl fetish damage.

I now have a few more similar collections - punk, reggae and easy themed ones. Since I&#39;m in london next week I&#39;ll check out helter skelter.

M
    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Col Wolfe @ Mar. 24 2004,23:17)]I love my book which is choc full of BlueNote album sleeves

(currently being sold off in Helter Skelter&#39;s closing down sale @ £5 a pop I&#39;m told - bargain&#33
    Col, is Helter Skelter actually closing down? I thought they were just having a prolonged sale...

I thought it was thriving, what with the book publishing stuff they&#39;ve been doing.

Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Mar. 25 2004,10:38)]
    Quote[/b] (Col Wolfe @ Mar. 24 2004,23:17)]I love my book which is choc full of BlueNote album sleeves

(currently being sold off in Helter Skelter&#39;s closing down sale @ £5 a pop I&#39;m told - bargain&#33
    Col, is Helter Skelter actually closing down? I thought they were just having a prolonged sale...

I thought it was thriving, what with the book publishing stuff they&#39;ve been doing.
    According to the talk on the Cherry Smash &amp; Shindig forums it is - intimating that the success of the mail order &amp; publishing side of things may be main reason

Apparently the shop looks like a bric-a-brac sale at the moment - dug out all kinds of dusty cut&#39;n&#39;paste fanzines etc...

Taking offers on stuff too

I&#39;m down in Londinium this weekened so I&#39;ll see for myself
    SMOKE on SPOKE is OUT NOW!!!! >>> SEE HERE <<< 1970 East Anglian Heavy Rock with Psychedelic Flourishes and stuff.