• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mr sayers
    Chocolate Rain
    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by d7bohs View Post
    The Feliciano is Just Wanna Rock n' Roll and, well, so he does....

His LPs don't usually do a lot for me, but this LP has a cool vulturesque instrumental on it.
    Last edited by mr sayers; 30-11-2008, 11:02 PM.
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• eclectiktronik
      • Jul 2006

madrid's flea provided these at a euro each :

Meco - encounters of every kind. late 70s disco, pleasant. haven't really spun it much yet
      Victor Bach - Music. on venezuelan Ariston label. My find of the year I reckon. some laid back lounge with lots of Arp (I think) on Niagra falls, and Victor's bag, a stunning version of Take 5 (again heavy on the arp), and even KC and the sunshine band's 'shake your booty' gets a bluennote style hammond workover! Album only let down by lame-sounding bits of john miles' 'music' between tracks and a sleazy, saxy version of could it be magic.... but to be fair it turns into a most excellent twiddly synth extravaganza!
      VA - Exitos para bailar on ariola. comp with cod reggae 'moon river' by eddie lee mattison, spanish 60s beat in the form of la escoba by los sirex, a pretty good version of fresa salvaje by sanyago ( a camilo sexto classic). a vaguely pscyh track called people (summer song) by armada and there was another track with a good break , i think it 's by Guilly bright.
      "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

• Brainbomb
        Chocolate Rain
        • Jan 2005

One thing popped up for cheap this weekend and it made me very happy:

The 20th Century Steel Band - Yellowbird is Dead

Funky soul steelband from 1976,

Also finally got around to the second part of the upgrade I started 3-4 years ago when I sold my Can Limited Edition album. Yes, finally bought Unlimited Edition with an extra LP worth of for the most part excellent krautrock.
        "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
        and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

• eclectiktronik
          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
          , finally bought Unlimited Edition with an extra LP worth of for the most part excellent krautrock.
          "Holgar can you switch your ring modulator on'!"
          "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

• The Hairy Who?
            Green Onions
            • May 2008

From the record fair at Flint on saturday -

Wizards From Kansas 'S/T' (Mercury) W/L promo of west coast classic, the dealer wasn't sure if it was a boot or not, the copy that i bought years back had a different label and that was definitely a boot, wasn't pricey but i hope it's legit!

Jonathan Edwards 'S/T' (Atlantic) early 70's singer-songwriter fare with some nice guitar & pedal steel, seems this guy was previously in a band called Sugar Creek with Joe Dolce of Shaddup Your Face fame!

Ian Matthews 'S/T' (Vertigo) first solo album by ex Fairport guy, stellar backing from Richard Thompson, Sandy Denny, Andy Roberts. Enjoying his version of Reno Nevada

Bob Seger System 'Mongrel' (Capitol) need to pick up more of his early stuff, much better than his Silver Bullet output

Savoy Brown 'Street Corner Talking' (Decca) From '72, includes a enjoyable stab at Can't Get Next To You

Bobby Whitlock 'S/T' (Atlantic) solo album from Derek & The Dominos / Delaney & Bonnie guy, not yet played this one yet

Love & Respect 'Deep & Heartfelt' (Glitterhouse)
            V/A 'Motor City Madness' (Glitterhouse)
            V/A 'This House Is Not A Motel' (Glitterhouse) back to the era of grunge for these three, Mudhoney's Steve Turner guests on the first one, the usual suspects on the comps (Mudhoney, Green River, Fluid...) worth a listen for nostalgia's sake

V/A 'Buddah In Mind' (Buddah) Lemon Pipers/Beefheart/Impressions & more

Kostas Tournas 'Astroneira' (Polydor) the guy on the cover looks like a greek version of Peter Gabriel! sadly the musical output doesn't live up to the sleeve. A bit of googling revealed that from this, his 2nd lp onwards he took the pop/rock route whilst the first one incorporated folk/psych/progressive jazz. Still active today as well.

Hawkwind 'S/T' (Sunset) cheap re-issue of a classic

Comment

• kenneth
              Electric Prunes
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by The Hairy Who? View Post
              From the record fair at Flint on saturday -

Wizards From Kansas 'S/T' (Mercury) W/L promo of west coast classic, the dealer wasn't sure if it was a boot or not, the copy that i bought years back had a different label and that was definitely a boot, wasn't pricey but i hope it's legit!

Jonathan Edwards 'S/T' (Atlantic) early 70's singer-songwriter fare with some nice guitar & pedal steel, seems this guy was previously in a band called Sugar Creek with Joe Dolce of Shaddup Your Face fame!

Ian Matthews 'S/T' (Vertigo) first solo album by ex Fairport guy, stellar backing from Richard Thompson, Sandy Denny, Andy Roberts. Enjoying his version of Reno Nevada

Bob Seger System 'Mongrel' (Capitol) need to pick up more of his early stuff, much better than his Silver Bullet output

Savoy Brown 'Street Corner Talking' (Decca) From '72, includes a enjoyable stab at Can't Get Next To You

Bobby Whitlock 'S/T' (Atlantic) solo album from Derek & The Dominos / Delaney & Bonnie guy, not yet played this one yet

Love & Respect 'Deep & Heartfelt' (Glitterhouse)
              V/A 'Motor City Madness' (Glitterhouse)
              V/A 'This House Is Not A Motel' (Glitterhouse) back to the era of grunge for these three, Mudhoney's Steve Turner guests on the first one, the usual suspects on the comps (Mudhoney, Green River, Fluid...) worth a listen for nostalgia's sake

V/A 'Buddah In Mind' (Buddah) Lemon Pipers/Beefheart/Impressions & more

Kostas Tournas 'Astroneira' (Polydor) the guy on the cover looks like a greek version of Peter Gabriel! sadly the musical output doesn't live up to the sleeve. A bit of googling revealed that from this, his 2nd lp onwards he took the pop/rock route whilst the first one incorporated folk/psych/progressive jazz. Still active today as well.

Hawkwind 'S/T' (Sunset) cheap re-issue of a classic
              Nice find on wizards from kansas,theres a few promos of this on popsike maybe check there,im after this awesome lp.
              From boot this morning Brian bennett-canvas 7" 50p

Kenneth.

Comment

• peter sundae
                Tenner The Lot
                • May 2002

Originally posted by llmod1 View Post

Hannibal - ST - Don't know anything about this UK prog outfit. Had one listen and it is great, very downbeat and pretty funky / jazzy.

Got a promo single by 'Hannibal' which is a mighty fine tune, like to get the album, if you got the album from the cheapo boxes you've done well as I reckon it's pretty rare.
                -
                You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever,
                but you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun.

Comment

• llmod1
                  Lonely Jelly
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by peter sundae View Post
                  Got a promo single by 'Hannibal' which is a mighty fine tune, like to get the album, if you got the album from the cheapo boxes you've done well as I reckon it's pretty rare.
                  Think it was £7. Got a couple of tears on the sleve but the vinyl is great.

Comment

• john stapleton
                    • Jun 2002

Good LP! Good price too, if it's in decent nick.
                    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Working...
                    X