Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekday Finds 3rd March '09

Default Weekday Finds 3rd March '09

Picked up a bunch of interesting records yesterday Ė Jazz stuff, rock etc but the ones that Iím most pleased with are some library records that I found. I googled some info about the Capitol H-Q records but canít find out much about the Synchrofox/Sam Fox records, anyone? I know some names on the Silver labelled Sam Fox Productions, Nino Nardini, Roger Roger but Iím away from home just now and canít play them until I get back; are they worth hearing? vladislav.

Synchrofox Music production
    SAM FOX PRODUCTION (PINK LABELS) 5 LPís
    OK MUSIC LIBRARY

SAM FOX PROD. (GOLD LABELS) 18 LPís
    DEMETER MUSIC LIBRARY

SAM FOX PROD. (SILVER LABELS) 9 LPís
    TITLE MUSIC ETC. Artists include Roger Roger; Nino Nardini; Loren Wilfong; John Cacavas etc

CAPITOL HI-Q LIBRARY
    ARDMORE & BEECHWOOD LTD.
    (Black & Silver Labels) 32 LPís

Ive heard bits on the bay and there were electronic and spy type stuff. They sounded good and went for a reasonable price (£20-£30). Nice finds,record shop or chazzer?

I've got some Sam Fox libraries on seven inch...very weird, cos some tracks are split over two sides, obviously meant to be edited together

They all sound like high school big bands, recorded in a gym with one microphone- despite having titled like 'folk rock' etc...
    "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Sorry not heard of these libary LP's but they look very interesting, and with the amount you ae bought the law of averages says there'll be at least a few tasty bits, nice find
    Geoff

they do look interesting. nice finds.

here's my lot:

TIM HARDIN - 1 (lovely folky stuff with gary burton on vibes)
    ??? (part of a great trade package i got from Priima - chers mate- a fw good groovy tracks and one monster one with a good break)
    CAN - "soon over Bamaluma" (never seen this one in the wild - -pretty fun. bit late for my tastes)
    ??? (another from Priima - -brilliant mix of mroe traditional russian stuff with some organ wig outs, fuzz and oddball funky breaks. great fun)
    CZERWONE GITARY (maybe theyre most consistent LP - -a great listen for the most part)
    STRAWBS - "dragonfly" (traded my copy off a while back so pleased to find another affordable one)

ROBIN WILLIAMSON - "myrrh" (ISB dude - again, i traded off my copy so picked this up for cheap. still not doing much for me)
    ALEX TAYLOR - "with friends and neighbours" (slightly funky country rock stuff. nice version of Taylor's "nightowl")
    WAKEMAN - "white rock" (picked up a second copy so i can rock doubles of "montezuma's revenge" - because i'm cool)
    BEEFHEART - "ice cream for crow" (always avoided this because of the later date - but its pretty great)
    HOT HITS lp for a wonky cover of "backstreet luv"
    Last edited by pencilface; 05-03-2009 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKPROF View Post
    Nice finds,record shop or chazzer?
    Got them from a Charity shop. Worked out at about 50p each. All in excellent condition. Just can't play them 'till I get back home on Friday.
    The ones with Roger Roger & Nino Nardino look promising and I hope they sound promising too knowing their other work. vladislav

Quote Originally Posted by vladislav View Post
    Got them from a Charity shop. Worked out at about 50p each. All in excellent condition. Just can't play them 'till I get back home on Friday.
    The ones with Roger Roger & Nino Nardino look promising and I hope they sound promising too knowing their other work. vladislav
    Nice again. As for me its dry as at the mo. I got a cheap Sun Ra single through the post on Decca,but it aint very good.

Wheres them Birds Birds Birds?

CAPITOL HI-Q LIBRARY
    ARDMORE & BEECHWOOD LTD.
    (Black & Silver Labels) 32 LPís
    Nice score - not even seen a library in a charity shop for ages never mind a bulk haul!

I've had a few of these before and they have some great tracks but are frustratingly short. The ones I had were really well recorded if a bit parpy but they had some ace fuzz on them.
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Quote Originally Posted by pencilface View Post

ALEX TAYLOR - "with friends and neighbours" (slightly funky country rock stuff. nice version of Taylor's "nightowl")
    "
    Is this his album with the version of "It's all over now" on it? If so a great version...
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Nice one Vladislav - don't suppose there's a Jean Michel Jarre amongst the Sam Fox's ?

Picked up a bunch of interesting records yesterday Ė Jazz stuff, rock etc but the ones that Iím most pleased with are some library records that I found. I googled some info about the Capitol H-Q records but canít find out much about the Synchrofox/Sam Fox records, anyone? I know some names on the Silver labelled Sam Fox Productions, Nino Nardini, Roger Roger but Iím away from home just now and canít play them until I get back; are they worth hearing? vladislav.

Synchrofox Music production
    SAM FOX PRODUCTION (PINK LABELS) 5 LPís
    OK MUSIC LIBRARY

SAM FOX PROD. (GOLD LABELS) 18 LPís
    DEMETER MUSIC LIBRARY

SAM FOX PROD. (SILVER LABELS) 9 LPís
    TITLE MUSIC ETC. Artists include Roger Roger; Nino Nardini; Loren Wilfong; John Cacavas etc

CAPITOL HI-Q LIBRARY
    ARDMORE & BEECHWOOD LTD.
    (Black & Silver Labels) 32 LPís]
    Great stuff B!
    That's karma right there for your constant generosity. Really pleased for you.

picked up these few in the last 2 days from chazza,s...
    quincy jones "italian job" uk og
    mississippi john hurt "folk songs and blues " usa piedmont og
    jimmy haynes "jet set lady" ja-uk 12"
    rolling stones live 1973 (boot)

Some bits I've picked up lately, mostly from a local shop, the majority of the titles being handpicked from the same collection, not dirt cheap, but still no need to go looking for online deals ...

Bobby Timmons - This Here Is...og stereo copy, a classic piano trio lp...

SH Jazz Quintet - S/T - got a handful of SHQ titles, this one, as the earliest of the bunch (recordings from ca -63-64) being decent straight hard bop (their lps are stylistically quite different)

Harry Beckett - Flare Up - a great listen all the way through w/ a few whoa moments...

Bengt Ernyd Quartet - 1964-65; hauntingly beautiful 60's modal jazz from Sweden...need more this kind of stuff

Mirdza Zivere - Viena Diena Mana Muza; a cheap, mint flea market copy of this nice Latvian funky disco/boogie lp from the late 70's, loads of cool Moog bits on it, arrangements by Raimonds Pauls & Gunars Rozenbergs..

Art Blakey - Jazz Corner..;a clean mono DG original..

GŲteborgs Musikkvartett - Aftara; superb Swedish modal/modern jazz, and somewhat rare/in demand, I think...

Appendix - Spacetrip; another Swedish winner opening up with a killer psyched out jazz tune, the rest of the lp being pretty much in a similar vein to Aftara..

Carsten Meinert - Musictrain; Danish private modern (modal/free/funky) jazz..

Sadowski - Na Kosmodromie; quite a groover, this, well known here, I suppose..? ..

SHQ - Nebyeki; SHQ with an updated sound (-72), still great...

Interjazz - highly enjoyable energetic & interesting Czech jazz set from 1970...

And lastly, a bunch of 70's Algerian 45's found at a flea market for pennies, a couple of them looks promising but i haven't gotten around to give them a listen yet..

Last edited by blue burt; 03-03-2009 at 07:32 PM.

Had no idea Sam Fox made library records too... talented lady.

down south where they use the slide machine...

Quote Originally Posted by The Divine One View Post
    Had no idea Sam Fox made library records too... talented lady.

We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Quote Originally Posted by blue burt View Post
    another sighting of Rich Hero. where will it end?

I had to pick up this today in a charity: Sandy Nelson - Drums Drums Drums... and I guess i'm not the first of us to do so.
    No funk as it is mid-sixties but some great funny tittyshakers with heavy drums (of course). And a lot of drum solos.

Great finds, been looking for that Appendix LP for an age. Let me know if it's for trade / sale!

Some bits I've picked up lately, mostly from a local shop, the majority of the titles being handpicked from the same collection, not dirt cheap, but still no need to go looking for online deals ...

Bobby Timmons - This Here Is...og stereo copy, a classic piano trio lp...

SH Jazz Quintet - S/T - got a handful of SHQ titles, this one, as the earliest of the bunch (recordings from ca -63-64) being decent straight hard bop (their lps are stylistically quite different)

Harry Beckett - Flare Up - a great listen all the way through w/ a few whoa moments...

Bengt Ernyd Quartet - 1964-65; hauntingly beautiful 60's modal jazz from Sweden...need more this kind of stuff

Mirdza Zivere - Viena Diena Mana Muza; a cheap, mint flea market copy of this nice Latvian funky disco/boogie lp from the late 70's, loads of cool Moog bits on it, arrangements by Raimonds Pauls & Gunars Rozenbergs..

Art Blakey - Jazz Corner..;a clean mono DG original..

GŲteborgs Musikkvartett - Aftara; superb Swedish modal/modern jazz, and somewhat rare/in demand, I think...

Appendix - Spacetrip; another Swedish winner opening up with a killer psyched out jazz tune, the rest of the lp being pretty much in a similar vein to Aftara..

Carsten Meinert - Musictrain; Danish private modern (modal/free/funky) jazz..

Sadowski - Na Kosmodromie; quite a groover, this, well known here, I suppose..? ..

SHQ - Nebyeki; SHQ with an updated sound (-72), still great...

Interjazz - highly enjoyable energetic & interesting Czech jazz set from 1970...

And lastly, a bunch of 70's Algerian 45's found at a flea market for pennies, a couple of them looks promising but i haven't gotten around to give them a listen yet..

Quote Originally Posted by alanmck View Post
    another sighting of Rich Hero. where will it end?
    The wonders of the five-blade ultra-close shave.
    To infinity - and beyond!

Really nice stuff you have got from this collection!

Mirdza Zivere was first used melodiya record I bought and it's nice one!

just got a couple of non hit Adam Faith singles- to make a big man cry, and 'cowman, milk your cow'...the latter looks unplayed, and Mr Faith has signed the parlophone company sleeve

Wasn't pence, but still a good price for me and the chazza, which is what 'book chazza's' should be like imho
    Last edited by Joe M'geek; 05-03-2009 at 04:31 PM.
    "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

in the seaside town that they forgot to close down...

Default been a while since i had any 'real' finds...

i never get much chance to chazza shopping that often these days - and when i do it is usually crap !!
    so i'm chuffed to find this sweet piece of acid psych folk not a few minutes walk from my house

Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Quote Originally Posted by flytipper View Post
    i never get much chance to chazza shopping that often these days - and when i do it is usually crap !!
    so i'm chuffed to find this sweet piece of acid psych folk not a few minutes walk from my house

Sweet ! I'll say top find mate

Thumbs up ta mate

at first i presumed it was a repress ...the fella in the shop said it reminded of stereolab - lots of people that work for 'nowt area bit wrong !!
    meself included of course,anyway it's the real deal in nice shape and it's safe at sound at my house - sounds fuck all like stereolab though !!
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

down south where they use the slide machine...

Blimey! Never seen one of those in the wild! Cover looks in decent nick as well which is a bonus! Top find!
    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Don't know it but it looks pretty sweet... and guess it's pretty good looking at the comments so far!

I had been promised first dibs on a couple of crates of "early 70s 45s" but was close to going home after coming the shop two times without the owner showing up... pretty glad I didn't though as I found some niceness for 10-15kr each:

Oscar Brown Jr - Work Song/Brown Baby/Watermelon Man/Humdrum Blues (french Philips EP) EX-y, chuffed!
    The Voices of East Harlem - Right On Be Free/No, No, No (elektra)
    Gladys Night & The Pips - The Nitty Gritty/Got Myself A Good Man (tamla)
    Gladys Night & The Pips - Cloud Nine/Friendship Train (tamla)
    The Temptations - Ball Of Confusion/It's Summer (tamla)
    The Temptations - Cloud Nine/Why Did She Have To Leave Me (tamla)
    King Curtis - Soul Train Pt.1/Pt.2 (trip)
    Ray Charles and his Orchestra - Hit The Road Jack/The Danger Zone (karusell)
    Wilson Pickett - You Keep Me Hanging On/Now You See Me, Now... (atlantic) nice pic sleeve
    The Electric Indian - Keem-O-Sabe/Broad Street (ua)
    The Boogaloo Investigators - Let The Groove Move You/I've Got The Feeling (defunkt) these old mods sure now how to do it
    Jerry Williams & Dynamite Brass - Keep On/Boogaloo Baby (sonet) nice to get the pic sleeve
    The Beach Boys - Heroes & Villains/You're Welcome (uk capitol)
    The Illusion - Did You See Her Eyes/Falling In Love (Dot) got their 1969 LP and not that impressed, this is about the same... have they got any goodies?

http://peppermintstore.blogspot.com/.../label/Fuchsia

nice sounding record...some nice 45's there mr. peyote !!
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Ah, just discovered that blog a few days ago... it's not yours is it?

Thanks, just saw what Jens got for the oscar brown EP
    My faves are the psychey motown stuff though, I know cloud nine is a classic but both versions are new to me.

What a stunning sleeve. Never even heard of this before

So how many Titus Groan inspired LPs are out there?
    ...if in doubt consult your dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Peyote View Post
    Ah, just discovered that blog a few days ago... it's not yours is it?

Thanks, just saw what Jens got for the oscar brown EP
    My faves are the psychey motown stuff though, I know cloud nine is a classic but both versions are new to me.
    not mine - maybe if i had the time though !!
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)