Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100 LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,970 of 2975

Thread: New 'Plussers Introduce Yourself..!

Welcome Eamonn. With you on the West Coast stuff. Please do get involved, you know what it's like on here, it's only as good as the input.
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Sounds like you have a lot to contribute Eamonn. I was brought up on Hammer Horror and who knows you might even turn me on to 'Big Star' who I've never managed to 'get' as it were.

Quote Originally Posted by amidar View Post
    Sounds like you have a lot to contribute Eamonn. I was brought up on Hammer Horror and who knows you might even turn me on to 'Big Star' who I've never managed to 'get' as it were.
    Big Star are fantastic. I think you have to forget all that nonsense about the 3rd album being the best and head straight for the first two.
    '#1 Record' has been a constant presence in my life for the last 28 years since I picked it up in a local bookshop which had a short lived experiment at selling a few records . I also got 'The Road To Ruin' at the same time, which I know you like.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

They are one of those bands I've always seen mentioned as a huge influence especially on the Indie scene since the early 90's but I've never actually sat down and listened to one of their albums for my sins. I've heard tracks but they've probably all come at the wrong time in my life. For a band with such a small discography I really should get hold of their first at least.

Yep I love Road to Ruin I should have bought that on record years ago but I'm an idiot. Had a friend who was a huge John Martyn fan and folk was not my bag at all at the time. I enjoyed 'Solid Air' and various tracks he would play but it was 'Road to Ruin' that did it for me which I heard at the same time as 'Stormbringer' but don't ask me in which order!

Im Gary, Ive only just discovered this forum, mainly through the mention by Andy Votel on the Boiler Room video. I currently work in a job i dislike massively but it pays well. Ex lighting/sound engineer and wrote a couple of pieces of music for films (my wife works in independent film). Ive been into music obsessively since very young and a collector for nearly as long.

I have a varied taste, as I am sure many of you have, including Alternative US rock, drone/ambient, country, American Primitive, Prog, Psych and Soundtracks. Currently in the deep depths of Swedish Prog & Psych thanks for WFMU Avant Ghetto & Al English NTS Swedish Prog mix (http://www.nts.live/shows/guests/epi...september-2016)

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Sounds like your'e in the right place, welcome nosuch. Would love to hear some of your soundtrack work too.

Quote Originally Posted by nosuchhounds View Post
    Anyway, nice to meet you all!
    Nice to meet you too! Welcome.
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Like the mix Gary, thanks for that. The photo had me hurtling back to the days of my misspent youth. Hope to tap into your knowledge on Swedish prog & psych sounds. Plenty of places on here you can bang up some favourites to make our ears go bendy. Any probs with uploading etc, shout, people will help.
    Welcome aboard sir.
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Hello -- very long time lurker. Not sure why I've not got stuck in before but anyway ...long time collector and occasional DJ with a sickness for buying records that every time I think I've got beaten pulls me in again. 😀

blimey, it's getting busy in 'ere...

welcome aboard Eamon, Gary and Jolyon. Post wherever the mood may take you and do it with wild abandon. Most of the spitting/ biting/ shouting is done about badgers/ cheese/ soup. And sometimes about the typeface on folk private press records that 2 people in the world have heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolyon View Post
    Hello -- very long time lurker. Not sure why I've not got stuck in before but anyway ...long time collector and occasional DJ with a sickness for buying records that every time I think I've got beaten pulls me in again. ��
    Jolyon Green?
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Jolyon View Post
    Yep
    Thought so. I met you and Matthew when you came with Bill to a Brillo at the Salmon & Compass many moons ago and have enjoyed your sets at Lowlife and online.

Welcome aboard!
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Blimey that was a long time ago -- good memory! All I can remember about that night is there was a LOT of Hammond organ ��

Thanks for the welcome ... have loved the forum for many years and about time I contributed!

Berlin/Germany/Europe/Planet Eart/Milky Way/Universe

Default A Merry Christmas from a (former) reregistered member

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( .

I take this opportunity to wish all of the members a Merry Christmas, may it be peaceful and calm.

I will introduce myself more detailed later.

Quote Originally Posted by B_big! View Post
    ( ( ( ( ( ((((((( .

I take this opportunity to wish all of the members a Merry Christmas, may it be peaceful and calm.

I will introduce myself more detailed later.
    Happy Christmas to you as well

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( .

As I have promised, here are more details about me and my collection. I seriously started record collecting (vinyl only!), when I was 20. Nowadays many many years are gone since that time!

I had a break inbetween (1980 - 1986) but continued after that and kept collecting until today. As storage space became an issue and my love started to complain about the mess in my small "man cave" (10 mē), I decided to create storage shelves for the second time. The first time I did this at the end of the '70s with single boxes for 12" recordings. Each of these boxes contains about 50 albums. I still use these boxes for approximately the half of my entire collection. I chose to stay with the "box concept" storage system, but changed it this time and lifted up the boxes by using a skelleton. The advantage is the space I got on the floor now. I use it for the 12" singles, which are stored in wheeled boxes, that gives me the option to pull the out and flip throug the singles comfortably.

The construction lasted about 2 weeks on concentrated work and 7 more weeks of work beath my freelancing business at the end of 2015. But I'm delighted and satisfied now with my cosy and tidy music listening room now.

My collection consists of a wide variety of genres, ranging from prog pop and prog rock over to experimental electronic, post punk and not at least vocal jazz.

After more than 45 years of collecting, no additional storage space is disposable anymore. Increasingly I find myself discovering recordings in my cabinets, which I haven't pulled out for two decades or even longer. I started to think about selling some of these, especially the ones that caused me conflicting emotions ever since I've bought them. I came to the conclusion, that it doesn't make any sense no longer, to keep these just for the reason to know, that I own them. I'm beyond the point, of feeling the need to identify me and my collection by the number of recordings I own. I never counted them in all these years anyway.

I started to sell them at 'Discogs' with surprisingly great success. I always struggled to do the pricing reasonably and I feel that they went to collectors, that really appreciated records, that have been cared for pretty well, over the years.

I attach a few pictures of my latest storage creation and of my (small) realm.

The start:

Finished:

I have exhibited a few of my little gems on , in case you are interested.

Welcome back B_big!

Hope you stick around this time and find enough to keep you amused.

I could do with building some shelves like yours!

Turbo

in the seaside town that they forgot to close down...

Welcome back .
    Please remove the link to your sales ... we don't do that sort of thing here .
    Cheers and yes ... cool shelves
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Question Edit issue

Quote Originally Posted by Sie-Fly View Post
    Welcome back .
    Please remove the link to your sales ... we don't do that sort of thing here .
    Cheers and yes ... cool shelves
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboellis
    Welcome back B_big!

Hope you stick around this time and find enough to keep you amused.

I could do with building some shelves like yours!

Turbo

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( .

Firstly thank you for the your Welcome, it's appreciated.

I'd like to remove the link, and I've already tried to correct a few spelling errors. The issue is, when I user the "Edit" button, the posting isn't shown, all I see is a blank window. Maybe somebody can assist me with the edit option?

Hello All. I'm a person who likes records, residing on the south coast.

Quote Originally Posted by mondobizarrojams View Post
    Hello All. I'm a person who likes records, residing on the south coast.
    Is it only records that reside on the south coast that you like or are you also amenable to records from 'up north'?

Welcome mondobizarrojams, you'll get used to the sharp-tongued wit on here ... or you won't.

& the more you put in, the more you'll ... GET OUT! (just another wee joke)

Seriously, welcome to vg+, start a thread or two and get stuck in!

Quote Originally Posted by Turboellis View Post
    Welcome mondobizarrojams, you'll get used to the sharp-tongued wit on here ... or you won't.

& the more you put in, the more you'll ... GET OUT! (just another wee joke)

Seriously, welcome to vg+, start a thread or two and get stuck in!

Nicely put!
    DANCE TO THE RADIO

Howdy newbie here, been lurking for a while and you all seem pretty weird , so reckon I might like it here.

Welcome Davedave - look forward to seeing what you having lurking in the shelves

Hello. I'm based in sunny Denver Colorado. I listen to a lot of different genres; I'm on a bit of a reggae kick at the moment, but I have tons of jazz, soul, electronic and dance stuff, latin, disco, and African releases (both traditional and funk/disco/boogie stuff) in my collection. I look forward to chatting with everyone!

Hello mantis and welcome aboard. Im based in the UK but plan to visit Colorado and probably Denver in the coming months. What have you got going on? Any shops you would recommend?

Cheers

G
    Elephant and dwarf they call them, Pepe Kalle and his little
    stage dancing friend Emoro.

Hello all,

New to the board, just wanted to say hi! I've been collecting (again) for the last few years! I love and collect all types of music, but have an (un)healthy obsession with late 80's / early 90's Seattle scene / Grunge stuff! My favourite band is Silverchair! Oh and I'm from England!

Ok, bye!

Welcome FC, Silverchair blimey I remember them, is 1976 your year of birth would make you the same age as me roughly. Dive in mate people are into all sorts around here and I know a lot of 90's stuff is highly collectible these days. Wish I'd looked after my records when I was at school or kept half of them come to that!

Quote Originally Posted by FCJ1976 View Post
    Hello all,

New to the board, just wanted to say hi! I've been collecting (again) for the last few years! I love and collect all types of music, but have an (un)healthy obsession with late 80's / early 90's Seattle scene / Grunge stuff! My favourite band is Silverchair! Oh and I'm from England!

Ok, bye!