Thread: Mysery mix on djhistory.com.....

For those that haven't already clocked it, ladyboygrimsby has asked me to do one of these Mystery Mix things for his djhistory.com site July edition - quite a nice concept of recording a set of 20 tunes, stuff that one likes, and post it up without a tracklisting. Then whoever listens has the opportunity of guessing the track and posting up on the site, for the next 4 weeks. A new Mix will go up in August.

There's no funk 45s in there, but a definite amount of soul, folk funk, jazz vocal, and a little album funk.

Anybody interested in listening go here;

http://www.djhistory.com/mixes/

And for posting up your suggestions, go here;

http://www.djhistory.com/message....id=1802

Tracks guessed so far are listed on the second page of the thread.

Thanks for looking!

¬ ¬ ¬ ¬

hahahaha

.........and of course the strap line should read 'Mystery Mix'.

Mind you though, not many people have been able to guess the tuneage yet, so hopefully not too much 'mysery' then.

Stumped about that bloody version of 'What's Going On'. But someone here should find it a piece of cake if it's a Lounge Lord.

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ July 07 2004,16:20)]Stumped about that bloody version of 'What's Going On'. But someone here should find it a piece of cake if it's a Lounge Lord.

Yes mate -

The album is reviewed on this very site!

Unhappy

Ah, but the song's not mentioned. That would be too easy. C'mon someone, put me out of my misery...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

I haven't listened to the mix yet, and it's a tad obvious, but it's not is it?
    Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Quote[/b] (vibra @ July 07 2004,17:00)]I haven't listened to the mix yet, and it's a tad obvious, but it's not ¬ is it?
    No sir.

Far more exotic than Jim bob.

Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ July 07 2004,16:36)]Ah, but the song's not mentioned. That would be too easy. C'mon someone, put me out of my misery...

.....and there's me thinking you lot would get this easy.

Looks like I made this thing too difficult.... .

Quote[/b] (Belson @ July 08 2004,13:53)]Looks like I made this thing too difficult.... .
    Well maybe that's because it takes 52 minutes, 24 seconds before the mix gets any good, Greg!

Just kidding - I'm big on cheese, but not 70s like weird gear though and that Marvin cover certainly fits that bill, flippin' eck!

Quote[/b] (Nick Cope @ July 08 2004,14:22)]Well maybe that's because it takes 52 minutes, 24 seconds before the mix gets any good, Greg!

Just kidding - I'm big on cheese, like weird gear though and that Marvin cover certainly fits that bill, flippin' eck!
    I'm surprised at you Mr. Cope - I would've thought that the first tunes would have been right up your Brillo street.

I do however, understand your mid-set soulful angst, mate.

Eeee, what cheddar?

That gurt big oozing Camembert of a Gaye for starters!

Quote[/b] (Nick Cope @ July 08 2004,15:05)]That gurt big oozing Camembert of a Gaye for starters!
    Do you mean the version or Marvin himself?

This version used to get plenty of spins by old timey soul DJ's as part of their warm up slots.

Never heard anyone before give it the nod to the cheddar before. There's always the first time though, I guess.

Quote[/b] (Belson @ July 08 2004,15:20)]This version used to get plenty of spins by old timey soul DJ's as part of their warm up slots.
    Complete guess (still can't hear you mix - worse luck), but based on that clue, is it the Harvey Mason version?
    He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Quote[/b] (Hadrian Elephant @ July 08 2004,15:39)]
    Quote[/b] (Belson @ July 08 2004,15:20)]This version used to get plenty of spins by old timey soul DJ's as part of their warm up slots.
    Complete guess (still can't hear you mix - worse luck), but based on that clue, is it the Harvey Mason version?
    Alack, no mate.

Why don't you get somebody to burn you off a copy? I'd do it myself, but don't have the gear set up at the moment.

I think you'ld particular like the mix Hadrian - it gets all souly in the middle so I think you'll like.

Not enough funky rock though

I can burn a copy for you, Hadrian.

Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ July 13 2004,15:58)]I can burn a copy for you, Hadrian.
    Why that's most kind Mr Ladyboy

Ta thanks

That will of course ruin my excuse that the only reason I not correctly guessing any tracks is because I can't hear them, rather than the obvious truth that will be revealed when I hear the mix which is I don't know any of them.

Will the mix be in stereo LBG?
    He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Quote[/b] (Hadrian Elephant @ July 13 2004,16:24)]Will the mix be in stereo LBG?
    At least. Possibly even in Quad.