X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • john stapleton
    • Jun 2002

Originally posted by geoff whitfield View Post
    Not sure what you mean - but are you asking me to do scans of the Howard Tate singles I have?
    No Geoff, I think the esteemed Medlar was requesting scans of Kenneth's second amazing haul in as many weeks, to act as inspiration for us all!
    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

• john stapleton
      • Jun 2002

Originally posted by geoff whitfield View Post
      Some excellent looking LPS, Does the Gene Mcdaniels have "walk with a winner" it's my fave track by him
      Unfortunately not, this LP is from '63, 'Walk...' is '65, I believe. A friend of mine that I DJ with down here in Bristol recently dropped his mint UK demo of 'Walk...', which snapped.

'Walk with a loser', as it's now known!

Comment

• medlar
        Chocolate Rain
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by john stapleton View Post
        No Geoff, I think the esteemed Medlar was requesting scans of Kenneth's second amazing haul in as many weeks, to act as inspiration for us all!
        Yes sorry Geoff
        some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

• geoff whitfield
          Electric Prunes
          • Mar 2009

Unfortunately not, this LP is from '63, 'Walk...' is '65, I believe. A friend of mine that I DJ with down here in Bristol recently dropped his mint UK demo of 'Walk...', which snapped.

'Walk with a loser', as it's now known!
          Oh my god I would have cried, I had the uk issue years ago, but I have only ever seen 1 demo that is a seriously hard record to find.

Comment

• geoff whitfield
            Electric Prunes
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by medlar View Post
            Yes sorry Geoff
            No probs, just me being thick

Comment

• modernism
              Animated Egg
              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by jakartajive View Post
              I'm wiv u bruv
              And let's see a few scans eh?
              Originally posted by BoneyVotel View Post
              Co-signature - a bit whiffy as ever
              Can't help concuring on this - but then you never know eh?

Comment

• kenneth
                Electric Prunes
                • Aug 2006

Id think that too if i wasnt the one that found em so ive borrowed a camera and will post up some pics tomorrow nite hurrah.Hope thats enough for u guys.

Comment

• john stapleton
                  • Jun 2002

just one more for me to round the weekend off - not the best copy in the world but it'll certainly do for now!

I think the Bristol luck was with Ya Ya this weekend though...

Comment

• Sie-Fly
                    Lauging Gravy
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by TOWNY View Post
                    F#ck me, i'm a bit slow here are these fake finds
                    it's happened on here before and i'm well with Hugh on the rat / smell side of things - i feel bad but it's been on mind for some time
                    Rockwell
                    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• d7bohs
                      Lonely Jelly
                      • Apr 2006

Sorry for the moody pic.

Mostly record fair related. Just the downstairs in Filmbase which meant that, at 11am on Saturday it was insanely hot and crowded. Went back later in the afternoon. Fewer sellers, and fewer at the cheaper end, which meant i didn't come home with the usual armfuls of cheap stuff.

They are:

Zoo S/T on Major Minor
                      Young Tradition sampler

(these two from a record shop on friday - both cheap from a box that had overpriced Beatles/ Zep)

Groundhogs - Split (good price on this, given it was going for 3 times as much at the stall next door - haven't been listening to much else: fab record)

Small Faces - Autumn Stone

Humble Pie -Eat It (Charity shop - bit knackered: like the acoustic Stevie side)

Live at Slugs Vol I - Charles Tolliver on Strata East
                      T2 - Boomland (reish)
                      Revolutionary Ensemble

(these three from new -to me - dealer at fair; pricey but lots of good stuff)

And Soul Zodiac, familiar to all.
                      Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

• ROCKPROF
                        Lonely Jelly
                        • May 2006

I think the Bristol luck was with Ya Ya this weekend though...
                        Damn right,he benefitted from going back to the slowest seller in the car boot on Saturday. It took the guy 2 hours to unload and the singles that were found by Daddy Yaya had been nestling behind the counter for about 3 hours. I nearly asked the guy if he had any singles as well because he had a big box of lps with a few reggae lps which were been picked out by an extremely slow punter.

A big miss and my second one in as many weeks at Whitchurch but if we had found them at the same time it could been worse.Oh well I found some nice stuff last Monday but I was so close to this one.
                        Last edited by ROCKPROF; 27-07-2009, 10:10 AM.
                        http://soundcloud.com/anthroprophh

Comment

• priima
                          Electric Prunes
                          • Oct 2007

these are more like july finds, because here's even stuff i got before my charity challenge and hungarian finds.

my post-trip finds from last weeks:
                          Karel Vlach and his orchestra (Supraphon) wonderful cover from 1964. music is typical orchestra jazz from that time, just good, nothing special.
                          Filipinki - To My (Muza) i shouldn't have pictured it, but better than another crap melodiya record from my finds. polish popular girlgroup from mid-60's, twists and other teen-agers favorite music.
                          Blitz - Twisted Mind (One Sense) ok, actually it's new record! don't know much about new dance music anymore, but i'll definitely need best estonian dance music for a while. local vinyl record is rare thing anyway. they describe his music as electrofunk, reminds me recent nu-disco stuff, but in more abstract way. simple but nice. twist again. check his myspace for soundclips.
                          Pro Arte / Indexi (Balkanton) only find from weekend. it's bulgarian comp of two yugoslavian groups. i thought it will be some prog/rock stuff, but it's mostly pop crap, well, pro arte tracks are. indexi is ok, there's one nice prog number by them, "the world wherein i am living".

some records i have bought from swedish junk store this month. most of them i have seen mentioned on here
                          Jacek Lech - Badz Szczesliwa (Pronit) first track is great!
                          Danniebelle (Light) gospelsoul, one cool funky track "Come On, Come On"
                          Bert Kaempfert - 6 Plus 6 (Polydor) "Shaft" is nice and one other nice track there.
                          Valkoiset Laivat - Sininen Meri (Silja Line) haha, my favorite find this month! is it motorship boner? title means 'white ships - blue sea'. it's private press/advertisement record released by silja line, one finland's biggest boat companys. they operated between finland and sweden and in 90s and 00s also between finland and estonia. in my childhood silja line was kind of dream seen in finnish television through soviet real life. now this company is bought by estonian company! this lp is recorded in 1974, arranged by Erik Lindström. there's some great spoken word pieces, like announcements in finnish and swedish: "welcome aboard..." i bought because i thought track called "Silja A Go Go" must be good. it is! nice mellow jazz number with wahwah and fuzz.
                          check out also picture from back sleeve with hip finnish kids dancing on the boat. why aren't these cool kids partying on finnish ferries today? only old people. wait a minute! these must be the same kids, just 35 years older.

Comment

• alanmck
                            Jazz Moderator
                            • Nov 2002

Originally posted by priima View Post
                            check out also picture from back sleeve with hip finnish kids dancing on the boat. why aren't these cool kids partying on finnish ferries today? only old people. wait a minute! these must be the same kids, just 35 years older.
                            here's a picture that appears to show two of them enjoying some on-shore bonding...

Comment

• IAN
                              Lonely Jelly
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by kenneth View Post
                              Id think that too if i wasnt the one that found em
                              Well that's right kenneth - your finds over the last couple of years do appear to be consistently extraordinary almost to the point of being unbelievable: Moody Gentle Rain, Artwoods, Ugly Custard, London Jazz 4, Tubby Hayes, Terry Smith etc etc etc all from charity shops and car boots.

For most people on here who scour the chazzas and booters all over the country week in week out, lightning just doesn't strike that often.

Still, I for one believe every one of your finds is genuine - simply because the alternative is too ludicrous to even consider.

Comment

• medlar
                                Chocolate Rain
                                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by IAN View Post
                                Well that's right kenneth - your finds over the last couple of years do appear to be consistently extraordinary almost to the point of being unbelievable: Moody Gentle Rain, Artwoods, Ugly Custard, London Jazz 4, Tubby Hayes, Terry Smith etc etc etc all from charity shops and car boots.

For most people on here who scour the chazzas and booters all over the country week in week out, lightning just doesn't strike that often.

Still, I for one believe every one of your finds is genuine - simply because the alternative is too ludicrous to even consider.
                                Yes indeed. I wish I had that kind of luck! Only some crappy Bruton Libraries for me this week.... bah
                                some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Working...
                                X