Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Recently I have been mostly watching...

Quote Originally Posted by babycart View Post
    the saddest bit is when the raccoon dies. He was such a friendly, mischievous little fella.
    some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Hero View Post
    Exactly. I've never seen it.
    With the utmost respect, Rich, you can't expect everyone to keep the details of 37 year old films top secret until they've checked that everyone else has seen them. It's a rule that's going to knock the shit out of the forum if we're not careful - 'Ooh, I love that horn part on that track, especially when the sax comes in' - 'Oh thanks a lot - I've never heard it' .

I didn't spoil, and I don't defend the right of the genuine spoiler, but there has to be a sell by date, surely.

Oh, and while I'm at it, you surprise me, Richard Hero - fancy not having seen 'Deliverance'.

And I'd never have guessed that Burt Reynolds turned out to have an identical twin brother who was kidnapped by hillbillies at the age of five.
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
    With the utmost respect, Rich, you can't expect everyone to keep the details of 37 year old films top secret until they've checked that everyone else has seen them.
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by medlar View Post
    You forgot the ending when they kill all the inbred baddies and ride off into the sunset
    Oh sorry, you really have forgotten the plot. Anyway, what are you so angry with me about? Had you forgotten that Headless Mermaid had already mentioned the bow and arrow bit and are now blaming me for reminding you about it? Why not simply watch it tomorrow when you've forgotten all this?

Ot you could just twist GK's ear and make him squeal like a piggy, Medlar.
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Oh sorry, you really have forgotten the plot. Anyway, what are you so angry with me about? Had you forgotten that Headless Mermaid had already mentioned the bow and arrow bit and are now blaming me for reminding you about it? Why not simply watch it tomorrow when you've forgotten all this?
    Just you wait until we find out about some film you haven't seen yet and are really looking forward too, you'll see (waves fist at screen)
    some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Quote Originally Posted by Headless mermaid View Post

Also saw Deliverance
    Try "Southern Comfort" (the film not the whisky - although both togther would be a top shot) next...

If anyone has a copy of the boot of the OST - I'd be keen to know where you got it - I have only a few selected tracks as I believe it is one of those with no official release...
    "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Ot you could just twist GK's ear and make him squeal like a piggy, Medlar.

Just you wait until we find out about some film you haven't seen yet and are really looking forward too, you'll see (waves fist at screen)
    Here is a list of the films I haven't seen but want to and don't know much about --

Let The Right One In
    Hu-Man
    Nobody Ordered Love
    The Year of the Cannibals

That is all. For now. Spoil away, particularly if you have copies you can lend me.

& leave my ears alone, all of you...

Exclamation

Here is a list of the films I haven't seen but want to and don't know much about --

Let The Right One In...

That is all. For now. Spoil away...
    The vampire did it.
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Hero View Post
    The vampire did it.
    With a bow and arrow?

I was a bit pissed off that I knew LTROI was a vampire film before I saw it. It spoilt that particular revelation for me, anyway.

Anyway, to try and get back on track, I watched City Of No Limits a couple of days ago. It's an excellent Spanish family drama set in Paris and features probably the last great performance by Fernando Fernan Gomez, who plays the dying father of a large and dysfunctional family.

It takes it's time to reveal its mysteries, and does so slowly and gently, so that the big twist is incredibly moving. I was snuffling and had something in my eye at the end.
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Last night I drank beer and watched* I Spit On Your Grave.

I wish it had been still banned now. What a heap of shit.

*fast-forwarded, mostly.
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

*fast-forwarded, mostly.
    Agree.

With the utmost respect, Rich, you can't expect everyone to keep the details of 37 year old films top secret until they've checked that everyone else has seen them.
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Jude View Post

Spot on, but imagine if they STILL didn't know that the match had been postponed.

Sorry to spoil that 36 year episode of 'The Likely Lads' for anyone.

'The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes, Series 1'. Quite brilliant, just out on DVD. What a lot of great actors we used to have.

I think PREY is my favourite, just 3 people and a house(and a horrible prop).
    I found myself sitting next to none other than Sally Faulkner at a screening of this film. Her acting is pretty rotten in it and she indulges in some full on lesbian tumbling and fumbling at one point too. In my best Englishman fashion I squirmed in my seat all the way through it while trying to look at her own reaction out of the corner of my eye.

I've been watching the latest South Parks and very nearly died laughing at the Butters the Pimp episode. I've also been watching the US version of the Office. Season 2 is a masterpiece of comedy IMO.

Mad Men, just to look at Christina Hendricks

also the Val Lewton boxset

and Space Ghost (the original)

and, now that I've discovered The Auteurs, some Phillippe Garrel films, because they never screen here
    Last edited by beddoes; 04-11-2009 at 01:27 AM.

*fast-forwarded, mostly.
    I almost wrote a sitcom about disgruntled waiters called "I Spit In Your Gravy"

but then decided against it.

I've been watching Summer Heights High & Eastbound & Down recently they are both really good.

and what was that film where bruce willis was a ghost all along

Bakersfield PD - great US sitcom from the early 90s. Basically got canned after one series cos it was a bit too subtle for US audiences, I guess.

There's a great episode where one of the main characters goes on a quest to find his records after a burglary....
    "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    and what was that film where bruce willis was a ghost all along
    Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Great Day View Post
    I see dead people

The Sixth Sense.
    I take no responsibility for ruining this film for anyone who didn't see it.... it's all Great Day's fault.

Now what about that one where Kevin Spacey who played that Keyser Sose dude in the Usual Suspects sends Brad Pitt a box containing Gwenog Paltrow's head before getting shot by him??

What about that one where Mickey Rourke meets Robert de Nero

What about that one where Mickey Rourke meets Robert de Nero
    Spaceballs?

I watched Last Exit to Brooklyn last night.
    Is it just me or is it actually really not very good?
    To infinity - and beyond!

Quote Originally Posted by jakartajive View Post
    I watched Last Exit to Brooklyn last night.
    Is it just me or is it actually really not very good?
    Never seen it, but I always thought it sounded kinda cool, then I recently read the synopsis on the DVD case and thought it sounded like a real downer. And starring Jennifer Jason Leigh's sour face.

Quote Originally Posted by Headless mermaid View Post
    Never seen it, but I always thought it sounded kinda cool, then I recently read the synopsis on the DVD case and thought it sounded like a real downer. And starring Jennifer Jason Leigh's sour face.
    I'd save the time myself.

It never develops any of the characters in any kind of way, is unrelenting bleak in a stylised snide kind of way and the characters all feel like ciphers or mythological archetypes of some kind, without the reason for any of this becoming clear.
    To infinity - and beyond!

I saw 'Fantastic Mr Fox' today. I don't like Wes Anderson, but I do like Roald Dahl and I was willing to like this, but Wes won out: his dialogue drives me insane, and, voice overs or not, he gets the same talk low and slow performance from all of his actors. Annoying!