• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jahshabby
    Lonely Jelly
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
    Why not head a topic as such then? It may even stay on course

I'm gutted 'The Cube' has finished already - I do hope they roll out a celeb version in the pre-Xmas build-up
    There hasn't been anything in the schedules so far Col - I wouldn't hold my breath.

MasterChef: The Professionals for me. Steve to win!
    Back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left

Comment

• mr sayers
      Chocolate Rain
      • Jan 2005

let's be honest here: X Factor

UP THE ROMFORD!
      Ive had to suffer this as my girlfriends cousin is competing on it.
      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Col Wolfe
        Billy Ocean
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by jahshabby View Post
        There hasn't been anything in the schedules so far Col - I wouldn't hold my breath.

MasterChef: The Professionals for me. Steve to win!
        through your contacts, can you suggest a slight change to the rules? if you fail your cube challenge, you die.

it would be a ratings winner.

'the restaurant' starts again soon, I think?
        new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

• jahshabby
          Lonely Jelly
          • Aug 2007

'the restaurant' starts again soon, I think?
          Next week I think.

This time all the restaurants are in one location (Bristol I've been told) and so vying for the same business.

Different format too – just the one show each week.

As for the Cube suggestion, I don't have a hotline to producers, but I can certainly pass it on the the respective PR... There could be some legal wrangles to sort first.
          Last edited by jahshabby; 19-10-2009, 06:26 PM. Reason: repetitionrepetitionrepetitionrepetitionrepetitionrepetitionrepetitionrepetitionrepetitionrepetitionrepetitionrepetitionrepet
          Back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left

Comment

• bongolia
            Chocolate Rain
            • May 2002

anyone see the Al Bowlly doc last night on BBC4? pretty good i thought, didn't know much about the chap before hand

Comment

• ROCKPROF
              Lonely Jelly
              • May 2006

I watched Panorama last night about 2 reporters posing as a Musilim couple and living in Southmead (Bristol council estate) for a week. The amount of racial abuse they recieved was pretty shocking, mostly from young chavs.
              I must say that if some freakbeater or longhair took a stride around Southmead you would probably get the same hassle as its pretty rough and dire there.
              http://soundcloud.com/anthroprophh

Comment

• ginghamkitchen
                Cliff Pilchard
                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by ROCKPROF View Post
                I watched Panorama last night about 2 reporters posing as a Musilim couple and living in Southmead for a week. The amount of racial abuse they recieved was pretty shocking, mostly from young chavs.
                I must say that if some freakbeater or longhair took a stride around Southmead you would probably get the same hassle as its pretty rough and dire there.

I watched that too - shocking - but then if you put people amongst the most ignorant and uneducated people in Britain you will get ignorant and uneducated attitudes, as well the BBC know. It might have made for a more incisive programme if the reporters went to somewhere more affluent and saw what happened there.
                SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

• Slim Jim
                  Electric Banana
                  • Aug 2005

Originally posted by bongolia View Post
                  anyone see the Al Bowlly doc last night on BBC4? pretty good i thought, didn't know much about the chap before hand
                  I did, nice programme and surprising to see that Hugh Hefner was a big Dennis Potter fan!!
                  "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

• Filthy Rich
                    • May 2006

Ha! after some debate with a friend of mine, on Saturday night, we watched "Tokyo Drifter".
                    God that's an annoying film - I could barely force myself to watch it to the end. Branded to Kill is definitely miles better.
                    Watched Carmelo Bene's take on Salome last week as well as Szulkin's Golem - both well worth checking out.

Comment

• ginghamkitchen
                      Cliff Pilchard
                      • Aug 2005

'Inseminoid' from the mighty Norman J. Warren.

"A group of scientists are working in a lab located on a distant planet. One of them, Sandy, is attacked, raped and impregnated by a monstrous creature. She then begins to stalk her colleagues one by one, killing them and drinking their blood".

Not actually as unpleasant as it might sound, and starring Judy Geeson and Stephanie Beacham this answers the question, 'what if we remade Alien at Cheddar Gorge for £250'...

Comment

• mp3000
                        Electric Prunes
                        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post

"A group of scientists are working in a lab located on a distant planet. One of them, Sandy, is attacked, raped and impregnated by a monstrous creature. She then begins to stalk her colleagues one by one, killing them and drinking their blood".

Not actually as unpleasant as it might sound, and starring Judy Geeson and Stephanie Beacham this answers the question, 'what if we remade Alien at Cheddar Gorge for £250'...
                        Nice weird Alien rip-ff. Norman J. Warren knew how to make effective low-budget horrors. I think PREY is my favourite, just 3 people and a house(and a horrible prop).

Comment

• medlar
                          Chocolate Rain
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post

ha terrible film, and I think your £250 budget is a bit ambitious
                          some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

• emperor tomato ketchup
                            Chocolate Rain
                            • May 2003

Anyone know the Italian Alien rip off Contamination? its on here this weekend as part of the annual Horrorthon, though it is being shown at 10.30pm by which time I should be in a room drinking and watching people play little records.

I've been working my way through a Fawlty Towers box set. I know it well but its still great.
                            Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

• mp3000
                              Electric Prunes
                              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
                              Anyone know the Italian Alien rip off Contamination? its on here this weekend as part of the annual Horrorthon, though it is being shown at 10.30pm by which time I should be in a room drinking and watching people play little records.
                              It's worth watching once. Not match of a story or acting but has a good Goblin soundtrack and the exploding effects are brilliant.

Comment

• ginghamkitchen
                                Cliff Pilchard
                                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by mp3000 View Post
                                a good Goblin soundtrack and the exploding effects are brilliant.
                                Sold!

Comment

Working...
                                X