• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ian Townsend
    Great Depths
    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Cacapo View Post
    Venom-Black Metal/havent listended to it yet, have a hunch it might be metal though
    Not just any old heavy metal....it's the LP which gave the name black metal to the whole Black Metal movement.
    <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

• The Divine One
      Lonely Jelly
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by richwax View Post
      I did a double take when I found an almost mint first Downliners Sect lp inside a sleeve for a Ken Dodd lp....strange BUT TRUE!!!
      Rich, are you as lucky in all walks of life as you are with collecting records? You thought you were buying a second-hand Volkswagen but it turned out to be an original Herbie? You won a helicopter in a game of cards? Found the original manuscripts of the bible up in the attic?
      Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

• newer
        Green Onions
        • Jul 2008

Every year one of the local dealers has a Garage Sale, all 45's 25c, all albums 50c. I came home with 48 45's the best of which was the Al Downing - Im Just Nobody but when I got it into to my lair I found the faintest of hairline cracks, oh well.

Amongst the other things were 45's by DeeDee Warwick, Dusty Springfield, Madeline Bell, Smoke Fire, The Choir, The Merry-Go-Round, The Reflections, Major Lance, Rain - Out Of My Mind, 4 Seasons - Beggin', Della Reese - Very Good Year, The Jameco's feat. Diana Tyler and Nat Brown.

I also looked through some albums, which I dont normally do and got a slightly scratchy copy of the Williams and Watson album on Can. Epic, 1-2-3 - Len Barry, Righteous Brothers - Souled Out for the album only Its Up To You, Curtis Mayfield and the Mighty Clouds of Joy.

Comment

• Cacapo
          Lonely Jelly
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post
          Not just any old heavy metal....it's the LP which gave the name black metal to the whole Black Metal movement.
          Had a listen today. "War with satan" is pretty cool.
          All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Working...
          X