• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Little Jimmy Oddman
    Plastic Waffle
    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by piglit'n'rolf View Post
    The Enchanted Isle (Avenue) was found in an antiques shop in Wolverhampton. OK, antiques is probably too strong a word. They do have plenty of other records, and it has turned up interesting things in the past (remember those acetates, Matt?) but it is mostly routine and overpriced. This is a jazz odyssey on the theme of Jersey. Curious in it's own right, but the appearence of Kenny Wheeler was a nice suprise. Can't track down very much on Jack Duff, though.
    I found a copy of this last week and was expecting to Google it and find someone talking about it on here but there's only two mentions - this post and one from Wooly years ago..

Brit-jazz on a Label of Love, surely this should have got more attention? Its a decent enough LP all round but I really like An Oscar For Puffin, groovy and laid back in equal measure.

Anyone else know it?
    Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

• Sie-Fly
      Lauging Gravy
      • Oct 2004

a mate of mine has a copy - he loves it !!
      Rockwell
      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• IAN
        Lonely Jelly
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman View Post
        I found a copy of this last week and was expecting to Google it and find someone talking about it on here but there's only two mentions - this post and one from Wooly years ago..

Brit-jazz on a Label of Love, surely this should have got more attention? Its a decent enough LP all round but I really like An Oscar For Puffin, groovy and laid back in equal measure.

Anyone else know it?
        I did have this once, I was really hoping it was going to be ace but then it didn't seem to make much of an impression on me so I let it go.

Now I feel like I might like it...

He also did an album on the York label from around '72 - called 'If the cap fits' or something. Have seen it around but never picked it up.

Comment

• Saint Jude
          Lionel Richie
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman View Post

Anyone else know it?
          I've always been quite partial to Bouley For You off this LP. I could have sworn I put it on a VV mix at some point.
          it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
          take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

• bradx
            Electric Prunes
            • Mar 2015

I appear to have contrived to post in the wrong 'March'. Why is life so difficult?
            Last edited by bradx; 17-03-2015, 07:26 PM.
            galaxy of fallon to telepath 1

Comment

• ginghamkitchen
              Cliff Pilchard
              • Aug 2005

Good news, it doesn't last forever.
              SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

• alanmck
                Jazz Moderator
                • Nov 2002

sharing farts in a jar with Towny.

Oh brave old world that had such things in it.

Comment

• bradx
                  Electric Prunes
                  • Mar 2015

Damn, done it again.... Sorry effi_deep
                  galaxy of fallon to telepath 1

Comment

• Head Gardener
                    Lonely Jelly
                    • Jan 2004

vinyl finds over the last weekend

one of several albums I found in the same box, this is a great compilation of Stiffs

and this solo Stiff comes in fetching shade of blue, but hey it could have been yellow!

very odd Italian compilation put together to promote Lycra, not a great surprise
                    to see Rod Stewart featured then, but I wonder if Roxy Music sax player Andy Mackay
                    knew his image was being used for the cover?

lovely sleeve from Mr & Mrs Fripp but not heard it's contents yet, released on EG in '86

a quick search on this charity single by the ex ELO bassist found it to be scarce now,
                    so not enough folk were prepared to stump up the 89p or whatever it was in 1985 to help the poor animals,
                    but at least I gave 50p to a charity shop for it!

a few tip-shop finds turned up the LP in it's horrible sleeve above and a totally
                    bizarre disc of recordings of Futurist & Dada sound works dating as far back as WW1.
                    This was released on ARK Records in 1985 and comes complete with a booklet.

if this was a souvenir of NYC circa 1967 then I would have hoped for a more
                    eclectic set of tunes than this fairly safe selection from 1964 - still, a great pic of Manhattan on the front

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• medlar
                      Chocolate Rain
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
                      vinyl finds over the last weekend
                      You might want to move that over to the "Finds March 2015" thread
                      some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

• Head Gardener
                        Lonely Jelly
                        • Jan 2004

well they don't call me 2 threads Gardener for nothing
                        The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Working...
                        X