• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby and betty go to the moon

It's the US Pressing cover art;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....0076704

Seller says;

>>>>>>This copy however is near mint, i'd say it's probably only been played once or twice. Record near mint.Sleeve near mint.<<<<<<

It's a great 1 to have and easily 5 Stars
  • Blighty
    Lonely Jelly
    • Mar 2002

People pay stupid amounts of money for this. I think I paid about £3 for my copy and that seemed like too much. It's got some nice analogue synth noises to sample but apart from that....?

Comment

• TOWNY
      Wavy Gravy
      • Apr 2002

I agree Blighty, its a nice novelty piece to have and IMO worth £1. That is the same cover as my UK copy Jack, is there a different one ?
      SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

• Blighty
        Lonely Jelly
        • Mar 2002

It has the same sleeve that mine has. I've never seen a different one. I didn't realise there was a US pressing.

Comment

• chrisvulture
          Animated Egg
          • Dec 2001

from what i understand Happy House records are british in origin, but the parent company is confusingly called Damill US. Maybe Happy House stuff was also issued in the states, but citing the evidence of the TV Favourites LP, which you wouldnt have thought would have gone beyond these shores, and knowing that that man Muller was living in London during the 70's, i'd say that it originated here. There should be a (genuinely) original US issue on another (unknown&#33 label from the late 60's...anyone got that? The first UK issue was on Marble Arch also in the late 60's, in the same sleeve as the Happy House one...i'll bet that the original US has that same picture on it too...

flippin' eck!!!

Comment

• son of stan
            Lonely Jelly
            • Feb 2003

Mine has slightly different artwork - like this, but with an overlaid scribbled crayon effect.
            Endless Tripe

Comment

Well, I think for the "incredibly strange music" or "cool and strange music" crowds is where it's a real winner.

I mean, it's a kids record, y'know ?

It's not for adults, so if you don't think it's great, as an adult
              that works for me But I used to play it on my show(s) with outer space noise as the music bed and that works great and I love it

I guess I am a small child sometimes and when that happens I love it and hate being a grown up sometimes too

And then Side 2, the music kind of reminds me in a way of
              that Electronic Concept psych record, you know the 1 I'm talking about ?

Well, for me, the KITCH meter is way upon this 1 and for a kids LP, I think it's great, but that's just me I think it's a good 1 to have as far as record collecting goes

Sometimes a record/jacket isn't about the music too. It's got a great cover. Always remember, the person speaking is ONLY speaking his opinion. It's not the world or the end of the world, it's just his opinion. No big deal.

Thanks for the space V V -_-

Jack

Comment

• TOWNY
                Wavy Gravy
                • Apr 2002

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Jack @ 15 May 2003,17:31)]Well, I think for the "incredibly strange music" or "cool and strange music" crowds is where it's a real winner.

I mean, it's a kids record, y'know ?

It's not for adults, so if you don't think it's great, as an adult
                that works for me But I used to play it on my show(s) with outer space noise as the music bed and that works great and I love it

I guess I am a small child sometimes and when that happens I love it and hate being a grown up sometimes too

And then Side 2, the music kind of reminds me in a way of
                that Electronic Concept psych record, you know the 1 I'm talking about ?

Well, for me, the KITCH meter is way upon this 1 and for a kids LP, I think it's great, but that's just me I think it's a good 1 to have as far as record collecting goes

Sometimes a record/jacket isn't about the music too. It's got a great cover. Always remember, the person speaking is ONLY speaking his opinion. It's not the world or the end of the world, it's just his opinion. No big deal.

Thanks for the space V V  -_-

Jack
                I agree Jack, like i said it's a nice novelty piece to have. I just don't think any of the vultures are going to pop a wad of cash on it on ebay as we tend to turn 'em up for 50p / £1 in charity shops / car booters.
                SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

• Blighty
                  Lonely Jelly
                  • Mar 2002

You're right Jack and apologise for my negativity. I guess it just bugs me out that people happily spend £20/25 on it when it doesn't seem to be worth that at all. But the one man's ceiling is another mans floor so what the hey. I'm actually a big fan of children's records myself and general vinyl weirdness but having searched for a cheap copy of 'Bobby and Betty' for a long time I was kinda disappointed by it. That said 'Happy Monsters' is starting to grow on me so maybe 'Bobby and Betty' will too.

Comment

No apology for me is needed Blighty

Tho I thank you for it and accept it

Jack

Comment

• happy monster
                      Animated Egg
                      • Apr 2003

its going for £13.51 last time i looked, which is about what i payed for mine, that sort of record doesn't turn up cheap in my neck of the woods, although the happy monsters one has a couple of times (what do you mean the happy monsters record is starting to grow on you blighty, it's a classic&#33
                      I want to go to the land of ooog!

Comment

• Blighty
                        Lonely Jelly
                        • Mar 2002

Sorry

Comment

Blighty,

Sorry to report it went for 26 GBP

Jack

Comment

• happy monster
                            Animated Egg
                            • Apr 2003

i don't feel so bad about paying £14 for mine now.
                            I want to go to the land of ooog!

Comment

Working...
                            X