Thread: Polish Postcards

Manchester - U.K where it's damn windy and the weather man always lies!

Default Polish Postcards

I found this set of 9 postcards which I found in a house clearance. They are all miniature versions of quite rare Polish Theatre production posters and also come with an information pamflet in Polish. They were made in 1978.

I don't really know much more about these and was wondering if anyone had any information on them? This is also the first time I have come accross them.

Cheers!
    Last edited by thenameofthegame; 02-08-2010 at 04:21 PM. Reason: bad link

very nice indeed - are they vintage postcards or modern - takes on old posts..?

Edit: Des might know - he's got a shed load of Polish records...
    Last edited by MPFlapp; 02-08-2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: forgot Des and his Pole Dancers
    "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

They are vintage from 1978, it's a set of 9 to commemorate Polish Theatre I think. Some of the full sized posters are quite pricey and rare. I guess you could call these vintage era reprints...

I've just never seen them done this way and really like them too.

* Thats cool, I could really use the opinion of someone who is well schoolled in the area as I "just like the pictures" and know little more...

Thank you

in the seaside town that they forgot to close down...

Thumbs up

nice cards mate - thought they were Polish postcard flexi records...will drop you a PM this week sir
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Alright mate, cool

i can tell you about them... what do you want to know?

awesome abstract designs (taken from full size posters)
    for some very well known (not as exciting) popular theatre productions.

select images from Lenica, Tomaszewski and swierzy (or pagowski (excuse spelling) from what i can see.

Quote Originally Posted by flytipper View Post
    nice cards mate - thought they were Polish postcard flexi records...will drop you a PM this week sir
    got some great polski postcard flexis... pretty much an entire Demis /AC discography and a nice Blondie one with a cross eyed cat on it.

how ya doin' sie... got some vinyl to post to you unless you wanna pick it up?

i can tell you about them... what do you want to know?
    If they made many? If there are other sets worth picking up? If it will be expensive to find more?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by thenameofthegame View Post
    If they made many? If there are other sets worth picking up? If it will be expensive to find more?

Cheers
    i'm sure they made loads of them, more than the posters... but i doubt they were as collectible.. and prolly a lot more disposable. they certainly shouldnt be expensive but e.e. print has finally (and very recently) gone up in price a bit...

i'd personally opt for something more accociated with film or pop music becuse there is so much great print from that part of the world that its possible to have a good polanski / fellini / godard etc etc image on your wall as opposed to a vivaldi image that i know / care nothing about.

otherwise its good to research by artist names... Jan Lenica (third on the top row) has a huge folio and its very addictive.
    tomaszewski... (second on middle row) has done some great stuff too... he's like the grand-daddy of the whole scene...
    its a very deep well.

its very nice to have your small versions tho... ive bought alot of matchbox stamps and potage stamps that have mini images of the posters on them... much easier to sneak through the letter box (and past the wife)

having said that... this one is an all time fave and it's for a clothes shop...

Last edited by DOKO*ENO; 02-08-2010 at 07:03 PM.

(and past the wife)
    tell me about it.

I know what your saying about there being images that represent better/cooler productions etc - don't get me wrong, I would have loved to have found little Cul-De-Sac postcards but these are quite cool too and has gotten me interested in more of that sort of thing. I've always had a soft spot for Cuban and Polish posters and was surprised to see these little things.
    Last edited by thenameofthegame; 02-08-2010 at 07:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by thenameofthegame View Post
    tell me about it.

I know what your saying about there being images that represent better/cooler productions etc - don't get me wrong, I would have loved to have found little Cul-De-Sac postcards but these are quite cool too and has gotten me interested in more of that sort of thing. I've always had a soft spot for Cuban and Polish posters and was surprised to see these little things.
    yeah, i agree, they're really cool.

in the seaside town that they forgot to close down...

Quote Originally Posted by DOKO*ENO View Post
    got some great polski postcard flexis... pretty much an entire Demis /AC discography and a nice Blondie one with a cross eyed cat on it.

how ya doin' sie... got some vinyl to post to you unless you wanna pick it up?
    Those flexis are mad - i think i need to start picking them up on my travels - back in October - will look for AC ones !!
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)