time travelling mobile phone salesman in chaplin film?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smashingcheesegromit
    Electric Prunes
    • Apr 2007

time travelling mobile phone salesman in chaplin film?

anyone read about this in the paper? saw the video on yahoo,i cant see any phone,but sure does look like he/she is talking in a way that would suggest this is what is happening.
    i know there got to some reasonable explanation,maybe they are just a bit looney with a ear itch

Last edited by smashingcheesegromit; 28-10-2010, 10:20 PM.
    ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------
  • Campag Record
    Lonely Jelly
    • Jun 2004

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Yeah, dead convincing
    "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

• thenameofthegame
      Animated Egg
      • Jul 2010

It's the elite multi-billionaires of super high society, on holiday in time. It's just what they do...

Comment

• son of stan
        Lonely Jelly
        • Feb 2003

She might well be a time traveller but who would she be talking to? Nobody else had a mobile phone in 1928. And there was no network.

Alternative explanation: she is wearing glasses and just sort of adjusting them.

Edit: Yeah. Watched it again and that's exactly what she's doing. Putting on sunglasses or something. What do I win?
        Last edited by son of stan; 29-10-2010, 03:29 AM.
        Endless Tripe

Comment

• babycart
          Baldhead Growler
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by son of stan View Post
          she might well be a time traveller but who would she be talking to? Nobody else had a mobile phone in 1928. And there was no network.
          "yeh...yeh.... I'm in depression era hollywood....yeh ... Its awesome.. Everybodys got hats on and theres horseshit everywhere"
          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

• Hooded Claw
            Electric Banana
            • Jul 2004

Someone in the comments suggests it's a dictaphone! Hahahaha

Comment

• babycart
              Baldhead Growler
              • Sep 2004

Here's a bloke using a mobile phone in Victorian times!

THANKIN U V KINDLY 4 LETTING ME SWP YR CHIMBLEY SIR . LUMME ITS OT UP HERE BUT BETTER THN WKHSE. L8TERS, OLIVER
              Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

• SirSlim
                Chocolate Rain
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                here's a bloke using a mobile phone in victorian times!

thankin u v kindly 4 letting me swp yr chimbley sir . Lumme its ot up here but better thn wkhse. L8ters, oliver
                :d:d:d

Comment

• Paul-K
                  aka Eric Adams
                  • Jan 2005

more time travellers

Last edited by Paul-K; 29-10-2010, 02:18 PM.
                  instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

• ginghamkitchen
                    Cliff Pilchard
                    • Aug 2005

So, they perfect time travel, but don't find a cure for baldness? Is the being slightly bigger than everybody else one of the side effects? The bottom picture is just a bloke with a crap haircut.

I tell you what, if I could travel in time I'd be checking out Jesus or the Marie Celeste or the assasination of Julius Caesar or summat, not hanging around on a street corner with a load of people in hats. I might also make some effort to try and blend in.

Judging by the gentleman's clothes in the top picture, he's not too far in the future from us. Can we settle this once for all by having the next post on the subject come from whichever one of us is still alive when time travel is perfected? I know we have to worry about the continuum and crossing the streams and all that but if you can get away with having your picture taken then I'm sure you can pop back and post online. Look forward to hearing from you. Or me.
                    Last edited by ginghamkitchen; 29-10-2010, 02:42 PM.
                    SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

• Expiry2011
                      He's going, going... gone.
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                      So, they perfect time travel, but don't find a cure for baldness? Is the being slightly bigger than everybody else one of the side effects? The bottom picture is just a bloke with a crap haircut.

I tell you what, if I could travel in time I'd be checking out Jesus or the Marie Celeste or the assasination of Julius Caesar or summat, not hanging around on a street corner with a load of people in hats. I might also make some effort to try and blend in.

Judging by the gentleman's clothes in the top picture, he's not too far in the future from us. Can we settle this once for all by having the next post on the subject come from whichever one of us is still alive when time travel is perfected? I know we have to worry about the continuum and crossing the streams and all that but if you can get away with having your picture taken then I'm sure you can pop back and post online. Look forward to hearing from you. Or me.
                      Its me
                      I'm from the future
                      Only no one can know as it would distrupt the future is people in the present knew that I was able to move through time

Anyway, I've been here before and to prove it I'll
                      "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

• ginghamkitchen
                        Cliff Pilchard
                        • Aug 2005

So many questions. Are the Tories still in? Who won 'Strictly'? Is the world a post apocalyptic wasteland? Who won next year's 'Strictly', etc. etc.
                        SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

• Paul-K
                          aka Eric Adams
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post

well you would, unless you had just gone back to save a really important thing or do something important by these people in hats.

yeah the drap hair one, just looks like someone with a crap haircut.

if i could travel in time, id go back and save a few people, visit a few record shops, id also invent things that have already been invented in the future. and probably stay in the 50s - 70s, buy take lots of deoderant and good tooth paste and pot noodles with me
                          instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

• son of stan
                            Lonely Jelly
                            • Feb 2003

The bloke in the first picture stands out because while his clothes are entirely in keeping with that era, he is more casually (scruffily) dressed than the others. Not sure what that says about the modern world...

If I could travel back in time, I'd go back to the early 60s and take a bag of pre- decimal currency and the racing results for that year.

Time travel will never happen though, otherwise we'd all know about it by now wouldn't we?
                            Endless Tripe

Comment

• medlar
                              Chocolate Rain
                              • Dec 2005

I'd skip back and pick up all the Hendrix records and flog them to eric-adams
                              some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Working...
                              X