Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Day to Day Digging Pics

Default Day to Day Digging Pics

I figured this could be an interesting thread if it go going.

Seems everyone has a mobile phone with a decent camera now days and we all love record related pr0n.
    So post up some random pics of your rr day out that arnt quite deserving of their own thread.

Here's a start:

13th in line for a Disk Union sale

Wheels of steel to get me between stores

Disk Union Ochanomizu

Jazz Disk Union. A happy camper crosses one of his wants list

Shinjuku

Wall of Japanese mega-rare

So do Disk Union sell used and new stuff? Always thought it was a new records / CDs place. Looks deadly.

down south where they use the slide machine...

Lots of used stuff - their buyers make frequent trips to Europe, hoovering up the gems...
    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Quote Originally Posted by nlgbbbblth View Post
    So do Disk Union sell used and new stuff? Always thought it was a new records / CDs place. Looks deadly.
    Super deadly... many shops, range of sizes of stoe, broad range of titles - can be lucky (Comus off the wall for a super low price)... new and used...

@MattB - fantastic idea
    "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Yeah Disk Union is pretty great. I never leave empty handed. And there are plenty of them around.
    I would say that if you're in Tokyo with little time to spare, put one of the DU's at the top of your list of stores to visit.

But this is not just about my pics. Please post more.
    No photo is too blurry! No wall is too sparse!

Drumbeat in Chorley, Lancashire

Drumbeat Pete, a true diamond

Not sure how he fits customers in anymore

Each time i go there's even more records, my only worry is that Pete will leave this world buried under boxes of records.

The Sound of Salvation blog

Final Upgrade Genuine Archive Item
    Vault mint

Quote Originally Posted by mattB View Post
    I would say that if you're in Tokyo with little time to spare, put one of the DU's at the top of your list of stores to visit.
    What he said. Shout up if you're planning such a trip as there's quite a few peeps who post here that can point you in the right direction...
    If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Quote Originally Posted by mattB View Post
    Wall of Japanese mega-rare
    Killer!!

Quote Originally Posted by antwhiplash2 View Post
    Drumbeat in Chorley, Lancashire

Not sure how he fits customers in anymore

Blimey and you managed to catch Sie Vulture and Jakarta Jive on a secret digging trip together!
    Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

record licker

Quote Originally Posted by relkeel View Post
    A box of Neil Diamond LP's. Where is this Shangri-La?

Look closer Paul 2 Boxes.
    Spotted in Huddersfield Vinyl Warehouse just before Christmas.
    record licker

Look closer Paul 2 Boxes.
    Spotted in Huddersfield Vinyl Warehouse just before Christmas.
    F+++ me! Did I say Shangri-La? It's Nirvana with the lid off. I MUST get to Huddersfield. I keep meaning too, but life gets in the way. Stupid life.

Quote Originally Posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
    F+++ me! Did I say Shangri-La? It's Nirvana with the lid off. I MUST get to Huddersfield. I keep meaning too, but life gets in the way. Stupid life.
    Seriously, if that picture was taken facing the other direction, there would be tens of thousands of 45s priced at a pound a go, that seem to be topped up regularly. Definitely worth a visit but leave plenty of time...

A big pic of a bloke's arse next to a couple of boxes of Neil Diamond conveniently priced. Can vgplus sink any lower?
    Last edited by medlar; 24-01-2012 at 07:24 PM.
    some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Quote Originally Posted by medlar View Post
    A big pic of a bloke's arse next to a couple of boxes of Neil Diamond conviniently priced. Can vgplus sink any lower?
    Have you not seen todays 'Finds' thread??
    record licker

have you not seen todays 'finds' thread??:d
    :d :d :d
    some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jimmy Oddman View Post
    Seriously, if that picture was taken facing the other direction, there would be tens of thousands of 45s priced at a pound a go, that seem to be topped up regularly. Definitely worth a visit but leave plenty of time...
    I'm not doing much in March...

Wendy out of Prefab Sprout: Fire her up, Paddy. I want to cop a feel.

Relkeel: Hot dog! Jumping frog!
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Japan is next level for digging. maybe not price wise but in terms of quantity and quality its surely hard to beat...

Hold your horses!! Wait till you see Swindon, which I visited to have lunch with an old friend here:

Very nice sardines. And egg things. And they had prawns. In the very same street (that I don't know the name of), there was, in order visited...

No records.

5 records (20% of which were Neil Diamond).

Quite a few records, and three staff who were not yer typical charity shop Grannies. One was bouncing on an exercise ball when I went in. She said 'Good morning, Sir' and as I was looking through the records, she started saying to the other staff, 'I love big balls.' Later one of the others said 'Fuck.' It was the most Rabelsian chazzer I've been to, but the records were agelasts, man.

Records underneath the folded blanket on the table in the window. Big up Jim Reeves.

No records, of course.

Yay:

Some priced up, most 20p a throw...

Plenty of fun 78s, including a tap dance instructional one, which I am hoping will be like 1930s motorik.

Then round the corner there was this:

Which contained a rooom in which there was this:

Woman in corner was haggling with a massive bloke behind the counter about the price of the Pink Floyd pulse box set.

'How much is this?'
    '£100'
    '£100?!!!?'
    'You'd get £180 instant on eBay for that.'
    'I'll give you £50'
    'One of the records in it is ruined mind'
    'Fuck that I'm not having that with ruined records'

I had a look at it afterwards, box and records k-nackered. As to the other records...

'Big ones are all £2, singles 50p. Cept for ones up on wall, they're priced up'

I should have taken the £15 Frampton Comes Alive on the wall as a warning sign (you can see it in the top photo - that's what he meant by wall), but I eagerly ploughed in. Unfortunately the person I was with was proper B O R E D by now and had begun to moan having to get dinner ready etceteraera and... but I could have spent all day in here, especially with the quality of the chat. A little kid (honestly 12) was proper haggling over the price of DVDs ('that's a bollox price man!') for ages. I asked about him after he'd gone, and I was told 'he's alright he is, buys stuff from me and flogs it on at school. Makes a lot of money he does.'

Must have had a better eye then me... looking at the stock, what a lot of Blankety Blank it was... however I had to buy something so I got some oldtime jazz with nice covers (doubtless only of interest to Mr. W. Allen), a folktale LP called 'Cotswold Characters'... and Nice N Easy Volume 5 in mint condition which I am utterly thrilled about as an old chap mailed me last year over Discogs asking me to get him one if I ever saw a copy. Swindon trounces Japan for Mr. Nash!!

Last edited by eine; 25-01-2012 at 12:56 AM.
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

down south where they use the slide machine...

Quote Originally Posted by eine View Post
    Hold your horses!! Wait till you see Swindon, which I visited to have lunch with an old friend here:

Very nice sardines. And egg things. And they had prawns.

Then round the corner there was this:

Which contained a rooom in which there was this:

Been in that Portugese cafe, I reckon it was OK, rather than anything else - had the salt cod/chickpea combo and a couple of other things. Nice people, average snacks.

The charities are universally awful - but I'm surprised the 'record shop' in the covered market is still there - last time I went there the bloke told me he was closing down on Record Store Day last year, as that's when his trial free rent period ran out.

And it was shit.

Knackered Led Zep 4 (with extra paint on the sleeve), £60. Buggered Faust Tapes, £25.

Did you find the junk shop with the unpriced boxes of records?

'That Shadows LP*, that goes for £80 quid on the net, I'll take £25 cash....

He did actually have some decent bits in the shop, but his pricing was between optimistic and plain mad. '666' (spaceship label), £200, etc...

terrible place to buy records!

We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Didn't see any decent bits in there at all... apart from the £15 Frampton's ov course just piles and piles of terror. He also said he'd just opened up... guess that means he's back with avengeance.

I would dearly love to spend a day in there, more for the vibe though - he's managed to take essence of charity shop funk and make it harder and stronger by removing any whiff of charity.

Didn't find the junk shop, unfortunately. There will be another time!
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Swindon trounces Japan for Mr. Nash!!
    Who am I to argue without visiting Swindon first.....

Plenty of fun 78s, including a tap dance instructional one, which I am hoping will be like 1930s motorik...however I had to buy something so I got some oldtime jazz with nice covers (doubtless only of interest to Mr. W. Allen).../IMG]
    Not just Mr W.Allen. Fun 78s, oldtime jazz, the first Muppets LP, yes please!

What's on the other 78s? Are both the Kid Ory records 20s/30s recordings or 50s? Even his revival stuff is worth listening to, in my experience. I'd be delighted with a bit of Fred McDowell and Johnny Woods, if I'm reading that right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarredjazz View Post
    Who am I to argue without visiting Swindon first.....
    Nothing can redeem Swindon for me - its a culinary black hole, with no character and they would have to be giving away copies of Amancio D'Silva's Hum Domo to make me happy to go there - which unfortunately I have to do as my wife's cousin lives there
    "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jimmy Oddman View Post
    Not just Mr W.Allen. Fun 78s, oldtime jazz, the first Muppets LP, yes please!

What's on the other 78s? Are both the Kid Ory records 20s/30s recordings or 50s? Even his revival stuff is worth listening to, in my experience. I'd be delighted with a bit of Fred McDowell and Johnny Woods, if I'm reading that right.
    As to the trad stuff, I've been pleasantly surprised by this...

(though British issue on Vogue and sounded ace, surprisingly deep bass).

Both the Ory's are 50s. A French 10" with a peach of a cover (if a bit knackered):

And the other one being Song of A Wanderer which I quite liked!

78s:

Danceland: Practical records for Tap Dancing
    Swiss, Czech, Yugoslav and Greek national dances
    Swedish, Breton and Italian national dances
    Ron Goodwin - "Red Cloak"
    Charles Williams - Dream of Olwen
    Ray Martin - Blue Tango

Yours if you want them, Jim!
    Last edited by eine; 02-02-2012 at 10:15 PM.

" Come here,come here, I don't have to do this you know, I've been a millionaire twice over"

record licker

Sausage fest with no end

record licker