Thread: a few de wolfe needs

Default a few de wolfe needs

Restless Woman
    Electroshake

I'll trade you 2 for 1 library lps.
    Last edited by axlish; 21-01-2005 at 02:29 PM.

Ive deffo got a restless woman knocking around.

Bouquet I dont know but can get Im sure. Anything nice on it?

Electroshake...is tough. Had one many moons ago and traded it. Only got it back a few weeks ago. Psyce Suki...hmmm.

I have the three (Electroshake only on MD). If you're after them for the Dawn of the Dead stuff don't get excited as there's nothing noticeable or memorable on any of them. I'm quite sure the Restless Woman track was one I didn't even recognise and possibly the same with the other two. The Electroshake one is likely some weird electronic noise that Romero submixed and you'd hardly hear it.
    There are others that apperaed on the cue list but don't appear to be in the film in any noticeable form. I don't have the LPs to hand but 'Synchropulse' was one that iI didn't recognise at all. The cue lists were a bit hit and miss. I think there were some omitted too- Derek Scott's 'Fugarock' was used intact but wasn't on the old official handwritten cue list that someone living in Pittsburgh got hold of.

I'm after the mall muzak used when the power is first switched on- with comedy whistles, etc That one has eluded me! Anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by bionic boy

I'm after the mall muzak used when the power is first switched on- with comedy whistles, etc That one has eluded me! Anyone help?
    Was that not on the cue music reissue that came out on trunk records?

Unhappy

Nah- cheers for the tip tho.
    It wasn't on the handwritten notes from when the film was made and the vinyl expert at DW can't recognise it. It was used in some brit comeday aswell (sure i mentioned this before- little victorian girl at the zoo laughing at a monkey with a hrd on!!). It'll be sat on some comedy LP form the late 60's early 70's, but I haven't found it. It's the only noteable track I couldn't find.

Have you got the no of the LATEST dewolfe used (that you know of) in dotd. Then I can try and limit the search.

I kicked up these as ones to check. I dont have them to hand but I can.

DW/LP 2971 - Rhymical roundabout
    DW/LP 3035 - Big top
    DW/LP 3062 - Dinky doo
    DW/LP 3101 - Comedy close up
    DW/LP 3147 - Loony tunes
    DW/LP 3187 - Comedy Close Up No 2

Hi,
    I dont know much about the film score, you guys seem to know your stuff.

dont know if this helps or is completly pointless. you may know this already

I watched the DVD of dawn of the dead the other day with the romero commentary and he say's at one or two points in the film they used some of the music that actually would be played in the mall, while it was open.

dunno if that helps at all

Quote Originally Posted by sermad
    Have you got the no of the LATEST dewolfe used (that you know of) in dotd. Then I can try and limit the search.
    The latest one that I know about is DW/LP3268 'World Power', a brief snippet of one track was used towards the end when they're escaping in the helicopter (the track is 'Action Pack' by Simon Hasely, BTW), though I suspect some of the other tracks could be from later LPs.

If the mall muzak I'm thinking of is the same one as Bionic Boy's after, I don't think that one's on Dinky Doo - if it's a de Wolfe, I remember it sounding a bit like Reg Wale, but I think I'd need to hear it again to be sure.

3366 Sun High is the latest LP used.

What I am working on is a wall to wall isolated score of Dawn of the Dead and these three lps are all that I still need from the original list. I am certain that they would only contain a tiny snippet since I only need a few snippets, save for the slide whistle theme that you speak of.

Another track needed badly is the music playing while they are in the gun shop loading up. It sounds like a mix of animal sounds and tribal beats/chants, most likely two tracks combined.

One more question, does anyone know which album Dark Earth came from? It isn't on any album from the cue sheet. If we can find that lp, it may contain more music.

Albums I have for trade are
    dwlp 3309 Presence (Arvay)
    dwslp 3311 More Fretwork (Willi Andrea)
    dwslp 3348 Fairytale (Hawksworth)
    dwslp 3317 Images (Myers)
    dwlp 2857 Illustrations no. 3 (Arvay)
    smclp 514 Hemishphere (Towren)

Axlish
    you are exactly where I am with DOTD. I paid 18 fro Africa on DW expecting to find that chant/ gunshop track but it wan't there.
    I asked the dude at DW what LP 'Dark Earth' was on and he couldn't find it. Odd. If anyone knows what the source LP is I'd love to know. This was the only track on the Trunk CD that I didn't already have.
    Another one I seem to remember not finding was where Roger is dying nad saying 'I don't wann acome back like that and I'm gonna try not to'. It's kind of like the orchestral stuff on Cosmogony (Hudson), but i never actually traced it.
    I did put all the tracks I have (plus Goblin ones) in order and it ran into 3 CDs.

Sermad- I have a mp3 of the mall muzak 'whistle' track if I can send it tou you, somewhere?

^bump^

Sermad, please help

I too am desperately seeking any and all music that has not been released already from Dawn. I own the Trunk Records album and the Goblin album so I am just seeking any additional library tracks so I can create my own cd with most of the music used. I have nothing to offer but I would be forever grateful for any mp3 that anyone has to offer. Thank you.

Default Unreleased Dawn music

does anybody have or know the name of the song that plays as Peter, Roger, Flyboy and Flygirl are staring over the balcony at all of the dead zombies right before they start cleaning up the mall?

Default Dawn of the Dead

Does anybody have the "cue list" and if so, could they post it?

I saw the cue list years ago and although it was the original one (well a hand-written copy form the original list) it had inaccuracies. There are tracks on there which i have never heard in DOTD (although some are very subtle) and some that do appear but weren't on the list- quite a few actually, even 'Fugarock'.

Default Dawn Music

Hello everyone,
    I am looking for any Dawn music I don't have (all I have is the Goblin LP and the Trunk Incidentals), and am willing to trade mp3 tracks from the Night 68' soundtrack that I had transfered from my LP. They are all excellent quality.

I am especially searching for Cantado (the song that Steven plays on the record player). If anyone has anything they would be willing to share, PLEASE let me know. Thanks!!

Allen alighthi@mix.wvu.edu

Default Dank Earth

I believe "Dank Earth" is off of the "New Decade" lp.

Quote Originally Posted by paulnice
    I believe "Dank Earth" is off of the "New Decade" lp.
    I have a NM copy of this LP if anyone is interested...

Thumbs down

I'm looking for a few library albums too;

Dramaturgy & Cosmogony - Hudson Music Company (HMC/LP507)
    Chicken Wire and Hen's Nest - Hudson Music Company (HMC/LP510)
    Illustrations No. 2 - De Wolfe Records (DW/LP2823)
    Power Project - De Wolfe Records (DW/LP2922)
    Band 8 - De Wolfe Records (DW/LP2949)
    Selling sounds - Dewolfe Records (DW/LP3180)
    Underlay - De Wolfe Records (DW/LP3198)
    Spinechiller - De Wolfe Records (DW/LP3300)
    Sun High - Dewolfe Records (DW/LP3366)

Here is my full library album trades list;

http://www.seenoevil.aquiss.com/library_list.txt

If anyone is interested in trading or can help me out, PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by sermad View Post
    Ive deffo got a restless woman knocking around.
    it's a bugger 'aint it
    You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Quote Originally Posted by SeeNoEvil View Post
    I'm looking for a few library albums too;

Spinechiller - De Wolfe Records (DW/LP3300)

If anyone is interested in trading or can help me out, PM me.
    contribute & we may just distrubute

dude

Thumbs down

Ok, well I am working through a project to try to identify every single piece of music used in all three versions of dawn. I have noticed a number of people in the past doing DOTD score projects, but I took a slightly different route. I took the audio track from all three version of the film, and edited every single piece of music into it's own WAV file. So I now have full samples of each of the tracks, The european has 55 tracks, the extended 132 and the theatrical 143 (that's not to say 143 separate pieces of music, some pieces are repeated and there would be different parts of the same tracks used also). Each version has an index file and each track has it's own listing. Working from this angle means nothing can get missed, if I have any unidentified tracks left over, then I know I haven't identified everything

To give everyone an idea of what I'll end up with, I've posted an 'in progress' track listing for the theatrical version which I'm currently working though;

http://www.seenoevil.aquiss.com/Thea...ack%20List.txt

Where I don't have the original track to compare or haven't been able to identify something, it's entry has been left blank. I now have a collection of 72 individual library tracks to work from built up from multiple sources, but I know I don't have everything, here is a list of what I have so far;

http://www.seenoevil.aquiss.com/Current%20Library%20Tracks%20List.txt

I already have some of the individual tracks from these albums from various sources (as you can see from the list I posted, that's the 72 cues I already have), I know I am still missing some tracks from those LP's and I wanted the full LP's to do a proper check/comparison of everything else.

Illustrations No. 3 - De Wolfe Records (DW/LP2857)

That's where I am. At the moment I'm checking off what I music I already have from the 2004 trunk CD, the Zombi Goblin CD, and misc tracks I've picked up here and there, and matching them up. At the end I'll have a list of unidentified tracks to work from, and a full list of identified tracks with timecodes and original artist/title/album/company/refs info.

(I'm not using the 'complete' 51/66 track 2cd score as those cues have been edited to just what appears in the film and multiple tracks have been edited together so I couldn't get the full original cue tracks from that (for the most part anyway).)

So I'm working this project from both ends, working through and trying to identify all the samples, and while doing that; trying to get all the tracks and albums I might need, such as getting tracks people have said in the past are used, even if mistakenly just in case (as per the cue sheet) and where I have a track that I know was from a particular album, checking all the other tracks on that album just in case.

Last edited by SeeNoEvil; 28-04-2009 at 10:47 PM.

cool, thanks for the sharing & info.......
    I have the Underlay LP and used to have the Chicken wire LP, will try and post some details later.

have virtually completed a 'Dawn Of The Dead' ultimate soundtrack project. (to identify
    every single piece of music used in all three versions of dawn) I have put a name to
    everything, save a couple of odd tracks.

Here is the project's website;

http://www.seenoevil.aquiss.com/dotd/

And here is a link to the discussion thread for my project on the HomePageOfTheDead forums;

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...ad.php?t=13492

Sorry to jump on this at the 11th hour and 58th minute, but have you spoken to Jonny Trunk about your DoTD quest..??? I see you've bought his CD, but his knowledge of both DoTD and library music in general would be a help I'm sure..
    If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sie Vulture View Post
    Sorry to jump on this at the 11th hour and 58th minute, but have you spoken to Jonny Trunk about your DoTD quest..??? I see you've bought his CD, but his knowledge of both DoTD and library music in general would be a help I'm sure..
    No, I tried emailing him from his listed email address on his company website but never got a reply, do you know of any other way to contact him?

Quote Originally Posted by SeeNoEvil View Post
    Do you know of any other way to contact him?
    Aye. I've got to speak to him about another music-related thing so will mention this thread to him...
    If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Library freaks freak me out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bionic boy View Post
    Nah- cheers for the tip tho.
    It wasn't on the handwritten notes from when the film was made and the vinyl expert at DW can't recognise it. It was used in some brit comeday aswell (sure i mentioned this before- little victorian girl at the zoo laughing at a monkey with a hrd on!!). It'll be sat on some comedy LP form the late 60's early 70's, but I haven't found it. It's the only noteable track I couldn't find.
    Speak to Lovely John. Get him on the dedicated De Wolfe Myspace site. Or is it he you refer to in your post? If John doesn't know, you're pretty much screwed.
    it's time for some heartbeats