• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alight9
    Hot Butter
    • Oct 2005

Dawn Music

Hello everyone,
    I am looking for any Dawn music I don't have (all I have is the Goblin LP and the Trunk Incidentals), and am willing to trade mp3 tracks from the Night 68' soundtrack that I had transfered from my LP. They are all excellent quality.

I am especially searching for Cantado (the song that Steven plays on the record player). If anyone has anything they would be willing to share, PLEASE let me know. Thanks!!

Allen [email protected]

Comment

• paulnice
      Hot Butter
      • Apr 2005

Dank Earth

I believe "Dank Earth" is off of the "New Decade" lp.

Comment

• pallaquin
        Hot Butter
        • May 2006

Originally posted by paulnice
        I believe "Dank Earth" is off of the "New Decade" lp.
        I have a NM copy of this LP if anyone is interested...

Comment

• SeeNoEvil
          Hot Butter
          • Apr 2009

I'm looking for a few library albums too;

Dramaturgy & Cosmogony - Hudson Music Company (HMC/LP507)
          Chicken Wire and Hen's Nest - Hudson Music Company (HMC/LP510)
          Illustrations No. 2 - De Wolfe Records (DW/LP2823)
          Power Project - De Wolfe Records (DW/LP2922)
          Band 8 - De Wolfe Records (DW/LP2949)
          Selling sounds - Dewolfe Records (DW/LP3180)
          Underlay - De Wolfe Records (DW/LP3198)
          Spinechiller - De Wolfe Records (DW/LP3300)
          Sun High - Dewolfe Records (DW/LP3366)

Here is my full library album trades list;

If anyone is interested in trading or can help me out, PM me.

Comment

• BoneyVotel
            Lonely Jelly
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by sermad View Post
            Ive deffo got a restless woman knocking around.
            it's a bugger 'aint it
            You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

• BoneyVotel
              Lonely Jelly
              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by SeeNoEvil View Post
              I'm looking for a few library albums too;

Spinechiller - De Wolfe Records (DW/LP3300)

If anyone is interested in trading or can help me out, PM me.
              contribute & we may just distrubute

dude

Comment

• SeeNoEvil
                Hot Butter
                • Apr 2009

Ok, well I am working through a project to try to identify every single piece of music used in all three versions of dawn. I have noticed a number of people in the past doing DOTD score projects, but I took a slightly different route. I took the audio track from all three version of the film, and edited every single piece of music into it's own WAV file. So I now have full samples of each of the tracks, The european has 55 tracks, the extended 132 and the theatrical 143 (that's not to say 143 separate pieces of music, some pieces are repeated and there would be different parts of the same tracks used also). Each version has an index file and each track has it's own listing. Working from this angle means nothing can get missed, if I have any unidentified tracks left over, then I know I haven't identified everything

To give everyone an idea of what I'll end up with, I've posted an 'in progress' track listing for the theatrical version which I'm currently working though;

Where I don't have the original track to compare or haven't been able to identify something, it's entry has been left blank. I now have a collection of 72 individual library tracks to work from built up from multiple sources, but I know I don't have everything, here is a list of what I have so far;

http://www.seenoevil.aquiss.com/Current%20Library%20Tracks%20List.txt

I already have some of the individual tracks from these albums from various sources (as you can see from the list I posted, that's the 72 cues I already have), I know I am still missing some tracks from those LP's and I wanted the full LP's to do a proper check/comparison of everything else.

Illustrations No. 3 - De Wolfe Records (DW/LP2857)

That's where I am. At the moment I'm checking off what I music I already have from the 2004 trunk CD, the Zombi Goblin CD, and misc tracks I've picked up here and there, and matching them up. At the end I'll have a list of unidentified tracks to work from, and a full list of identified tracks with timecodes and original artist/title/album/company/refs info.

(I'm not using the 'complete' 51/66 track 2cd score as those cues have been edited to just what appears in the film and multiple tracks have been edited together so I couldn't get the full original cue tracks from that (for the most part anyway).)

So I'm working this project from both ends, working through and trying to identify all the samples, and while doing that; trying to get all the tracks and albums I might need, such as getting tracks people have said in the past are used, even if mistakenly just in case (as per the cue sheet) and where I have a track that I know was from a particular album, checking all the other tracks on that album just in case.

Last edited by SeeNoEvil; 28-04-2009, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• BoneyVotel
                  Lonely Jelly
                  • Jun 2003

cool, thanks for the sharing & info.......
                  I have the Underlay LP and used to have the Chicken wire LP, will try and post some details later.

Comment

• SeeNoEvil
                    Hot Butter
                    • Apr 2009

have virtually completed a 'Dawn Of The Dead' ultimate soundtrack project. (to identify
                    every single piece of music used in all three versions of dawn) I have put a name to
                    everything, save a couple of odd tracks.

Here is the project's website;

And here is a link to the discussion thread for my project on the HomePageOfTheDead forums;

Hi all, haven't posted here in yonks, but I found something on ebay that you all might find interesting. Someone is selling a whole load of De Wolfe Library music records on Ebay some of which contain music used in Dawn Of The Dead (which is interesting enough in itself) They have also uploaded selected full tracks in MP3 format so you can listen to them before you buy. They're fairly high quality (160k). With a little effort you can download the tracks too. Looking through some of the long

Comment

• Sie Vulture
                      Zapatta Schmidt
                      • Nov 2001

Sorry to jump on this at the 11th hour and 58th minute, but have you spoken to Jonny Trunk about your DoTD quest..??? I see you've bought his CD, but his knowledge of both DoTD and library music in general would be a help I'm sure..
                      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• SeeNoEvil
                        Hot Butter
                        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
                        Sorry to jump on this at the 11th hour and 58th minute, but have you spoken to Jonny Trunk about your DoTD quest..??? I see you've bought his CD, but his knowledge of both DoTD and library music in general would be a help I'm sure..
                        No, I tried emailing him from his listed email address on his company website but never got a reply, do you know of any other way to contact him?

Comment

• Sie Vulture
                          Zapatta Schmidt
                          • Nov 2001

Originally posted by SeeNoEvil View Post
                          Do you know of any other way to contact him?
                          Aye. I've got to speak to him about another music-related thing so will mention this thread to him...
                          If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• Soul-Fiend
                            Electric Banana
                            • Aug 2004

Library freaks freak me out!!!

Originally posted by bionic boy View Post
                            Nah- cheers for the tip tho.
                            It wasn't on the handwritten notes from when the film was made and the vinyl expert at DW can't recognise it. It was used in some brit comeday aswell (sure i mentioned this before- little victorian girl at the zoo laughing at a monkey with a hrd on!!). It'll be sat on some comedy LP form the late 60's early 70's, but I haven't found it. It's the only noteable track I couldn't find.
                            Speak to Lovely John. Get him on the dedicated De Wolfe Myspace site. Or is it he you refer to in your post? If John doesn't know, you're pretty much screwed.
                            it's time for some heartbeats

Comment

Working...
                            X