ISSUES WITH POSTING ON VG+ (vBulletin-related)
Okay, I've started this sticky thread in the Not Record Related forum as there have been one or two 'plussers of late unhappy about the lack of certain functionality with the current version of vBulletin. I figured that, rather than gripe on about it in discussion threads, it would be better dealt with in a specific moan-zone where the Mods can find, log and deal with the technical problems associated with vBulletin V5.
One of the issues I'm finding is that a lot of the bespoke functions that we had and loved with V4 were automatically swicthed off when we upgraded to V5. Finding them and reinstating them is a bit of a challenge, but I keep looking.
This morning I dragged my aching corpse from my bed, made a coffee and sat down with the Control Panel and tinkered with one or two things. Here's a summary:-
- The mobile version of the forum has been activated. Let me know if it works...
- The "who's online" option has been switched on.
- I enabled a couple of the Java options, although I'm not sure if it'll make a difference (you'll have to let me know - I just closed my eyes and pressed the button...)
- The maximum number of characters per post has been temporarily disabled.
The ongoing issues, as I see it, are as follows:-
- The "when I try to edit my post I see a blank box" problem that blights us all.
- Uploading images. I've re-enabled the functionality, but it wasn't working the last time I tried. Please use this thread to log the error messages you receive when trying to use this function.
EDIT: because the local upload function has been reinstated, this means that when uploading from a weblink (URL) please un-tick the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" tick-box, else you will receive the mother of all error messages.
- Auto-filling of usernames when sending PM's. I liked this, we had it with V4 but I can't reactivate it with V5. Will keep looking.
So, please feel free to post in this thread, but remember the following disclaimer - this is not a wish list. We will investigate as best we can but cannot promise that your issue will be easily resolved. But we will try.
If you have a gripe about the forum functionality, please PM/email Ashra or myself. PM's or emails sent to others may not be responded to, please do not assume they will have been forwarded for our attention.