• LDJB
    Chocolate Rain
    • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
    "You are Chun te?"
    "I am Chun te"
    "Do you remember a small waterboy?"
    "Ummmm, well then, the old man has been teaching you some tricks, has he"
    "Damn right, now you bastard I'm going to do for you what you did to my father in the woods 10 years ago."
    "What's your name boy?"
    "I am Han Do Jin, Hang Wong's son."
    "Aaaaa, well you've asked for death by my hand, Hang Wong's son."
    "I will die after you, I'll see to that."
    "You're crazy."
    I've always thought this was taped straight off the telly as I'm sure that you can hear someone laughing after the line "Damn right, now you bastard I'm going to do for you what you did to my father in the woods 10 years ago."?? I'd chuckle too to be fair.
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• Sie Vulture
      Zapatta Schmidt
      • Nov 2001

Originally posted by nebkins View Post
      Its a spare copy if you want it. Maybe swap something for it. Really good nick apart from one inaudible mark on one side and the picture sleeve is in great condition.
      Cool. PM me.
      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• Saint Jude
        Lionel Richie
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
        "You are Chun te?"
        "I am Chun te"
        "Do you remember a small waterboy?"
        "Ummmm, well then, the old man has been teaching you some tricks, has he"
        "Damn right, now you bastard I'm going to do for you what you did to my father in the woods 10 years ago."
        "What's your name boy?"
        "I am Han Do Jin, Hang Wong's son."
        "Aaaaa, well you've asked for death by my hand, Hang Wong's son."
        "I will die after you, I'll see to that."
        "You're crazy."
        it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
        take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

• Expiry2011
          He's going, going... gone.
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
          Thank you Mr Saint - you've cleared up one of those niggling questions that I thought I'd never know

As usual with Kung Fu Movies I have no idea what that was about at all but it looked great.
          I love the fact that Chun Te seemed to fight with one hand behind his back for most of the time - frankly he should have beated Han Do Jin into next week but then good wouldn't have triumphed over evil!
          "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

• Y1000
            Electric Prunes
            • Sep 2008

Fantastic and thanks Jude I have always wondered where this was from.

Comment

• LDJB
              Chocolate Rain
              • Dec 2001

Quick update - I'll add comments later - can you guess where most of the 45s came from?

Mistakenly bought the Assembled Multitude as I have a UK copy already with a different sleeve - spare
              Freebie De Wolfe - it's OK - a bit late to be amazing but OK
              Attila is nuts! Billy Joel, what sounds like a huge fuck off organ set up through all sorts of effect and a drummer! Nothing like either the Hassles or the Piano Man!
              German orig of the pig - great LP!
              Jeff Sturges is like that Noel Kaye LP or CCS - funky big band covers of rock tunes of the time - pretty good.
              Sinewaves I've never come across before - should be a VV classic - Ike Issacs at the controls and lush and occasional funky TV theme tune covers - Crossroad beinhg particularly ace...no really!

Hugh Dixon - Twangy guitar instro stuff - I love this shit.
              Last Words is well known around here - garagey cover and such.
              Early Transatlantic comp - some great stuff on it and chuffed to find for £2!
              Second last Association LP - I expected the worst but it's actually a decent listen - mellow alright but they do rock out ocassionally.
              Ember comp which I've been after since hearing the Polly Niles track Fuz used on the VG+ best of but theres other good stuff on here too!
              T-Bones - more twangy instros - found it sealed.

Jimmy Castor's 2nd - it's basically a photocopy of the 1st but worth picking up for the £2 I paid.
              Mike Curb - was sealed and should have stayed that way.
              Jan & Dean - see above
              Gary Lewis - BIN from Criag - a nice listen indeed!
              T-Bones - more instro stuff - v nice.

Loving this non LP 45 - proper folk funk.

Laidback spooky psych.

Snotty garage take on the Hendrix standard.

Heavy funky psych.

Nice ep - I like all the tracks but the fuzzy second track is the tops!

Fuzzy Funky Latin instro madness

More fuzzy stuff - well known dancer.

Drum heavy thing - very nice.

Moody Blues-a-like but psyched out and phased - y'all know it!

Great UK Hammond RnB thing - love it.

Downbeat girl psychy thing - difficult to describe but it's fantastic.

Superb Zombies cover and a bit of funky soul.

Them cover (actually think the next track on the ep is better).
              Chubby psych.
              Baroque psych
              Troll flavour noise.
              Last edited by LDJB; 05-06-2013, 07:44 AM.

Comment

• Boi Bach o Bethel
                Electric Banana
                • May 2007

Attila . Great find there mate. Billie Joel going all Silver Apples.
                sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

• LDJB
                  Chocolate Rain
                  • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Boi Bach o Bethel View Post
                  Attila . Great find there mate. Billie Joel going all Silver Apples.
                  Aye - I never thought of it like that. It is a barmy LP - dead noisy! The instro tracks at the end of each side sound like Bill is having a breakdown at the organ! Some good funky psychy stuff before them though.

Comment

• Sie Vulture
                    Zapatta Schmidt
                    • Nov 2001

Here are some recent reggae finds, all UK labels, mostly comp's apart from The Chosen Few.

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• mr sayers
                      Chocolate Rain
                      • Jan 2005

Nice batch of singles there Lee mate, a couple go straight on my wants list!

That Atilla sounds great, I'll have to keep an eye out for it...
                      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Sie Vulture
                        Zapatta Schmidt
                        • Nov 2001

Here are the five albums I found in Seoul. I've asked a friend in South Korea to help me translate some of the titles and I'll edit this thread when he replies to my email.

The first one is an album by Yoon Seung Hee that I spotted online and thought I'd take a punt on if I found one in the wild. I found several copies of this on my travels, all in various different states of disrepair..! As it was an unknown to me, I bought the cheapest copy I could find (VG grade). I found one banging sister funk track on this when I needle-dropped it on my portable, will discover the rest of the album later this week I guess. The second album is the OST for a film called "It Rained Yesterday" (to be confirmed) and features a number of funky instrumentals by a group called The Messengers.

The pinky colour sleeve is San Ul Lim's second album "As Laying Carpet On My Mind". I was in the underground mall and was having a chat with a shop owner and asked "do you get many English dudes come to your shop..?". "Yes" he replied, "and they all buy this album" and he passed a copy of this album over to me. A quick needle drop of the first track and it was obvious why..! This band made about a dozen albums over the years and I'm told that the first 4-5 are all excellent. I can't find a Youtube link to the dark instrumental track that opens the album but hopefully this will give you a good idea. The next album pictured is the OST to the film "Winter Lady" and again features funky instrumentals from The Messengers.

This last album is the OST to a film called "Homegrown Hero"... well, that's what Westerners refer to it as online, I'm told by Korean friends that the title of the film is closer to "Hometown Of Stars". Like the other OST's there are some funky instrumentals on this album. There are two issues of the LP, one in the black sleeve, one in a red sleeve - both identical.

Last edited by Sie Vulture; 05-06-2013, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• Sie Vulture
                          Zapatta Schmidt
                          • Nov 2001

Here you go - check this out...

Comment

• mr sayers
                            Chocolate Rain
                            • Jan 2005

San Ul Lim

Surprised you like it Sie mate, as it's psych with heavy fuzzy guitars! The first three are killer, the fourth is OK but it's getting late by that point and they go down hill at about that time. There's two pressing of that LP the OG is red and yellow and theres a slightly later black label press of it, people don't seem to bothered too by the pressing as theres only a couple of years between them I think!
                            "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Sie Vulture
                              Zapatta Schmidt
                              • Nov 2001

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                              Surprised you like it Sie mate, as it's psych with heavy fuzzy guitars!
                              Well be surprised..! I really liked it listening to it in the shop ... the first album was okay too, but I'd only got Won for .. one..!

Comment

• Sie Vulture
                                Zapatta Schmidt
                                • Nov 2001

Japanese 45's...

Couple of long time wants (Stone Killer 45, Zombi 45) plus a couple of new ones. The Drum, Drum, Drum is from a series of common cheapie 45's and LP's featuring bikini-wearing ladies and cover versions of classics from the day. Some of them have some decent tracks, this one has a version of "Aquarius" and "Honky Tonk Woman". The black cover 45 is by George Yanagi and Nadja Band and is from a soundtrack called "Matsuri Bayashi Ga Kikoeru" ... thanks to Iain and Matt for the tip-offs.

Comment

Working...
                                X