X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mang
    Electric Banana
    • Aug 2005

I left behind a Galliard and the Hokus Poke album for 1.50 each at a second-hand shop in E17 once.
    Did pick up The Dog That Bit People and Group 1850 "Agemo's Trip..." for the same price though.
    Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

• LDJB
      Chocolate Rain
      • Dec 2001

Killing it there Nige!

Well Jealous of the Gailliard - as I told you I managed to miss out on a copy somehow even though it had been 'put aside' for me. What I've heard of it is excellent!

Cheers for the Sadista!
      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• llmod1
        Lonely Jelly
        • Jul 2002

Looks like July is panning out to be a great month for everyone.

Last UK finds of the summer before I head off to dig in Bangkok, Hong Kong and Manila.

First up is quite possibly my best Discogs buy to date. $6 bought me this funky spiritual jazz classic. Was convinced it would be the reissue or destroyed. Thankfully it's neither!

Next two came from Grope in Germany

Ibliss - Funky kraut rock jazz! Check out the Clangers style intro!!
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Pop Workshop - Song of the Pterodactyl - Swedish progressive jazz fusion. Euro funk at its best!!
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Next lot were from yesterday's record fair.

Ladies!! From the £2 box of the same dealer.

Jade and Sarsaparilla - nice femme funk folk!

Carolyn Hester - That's My Song - Early folk LP.

Patsy Gallant - Upon my Own - Not seen this LP before. A couple of great tracks though from this Canadian singer.

Diane Dufresne - A Part de D'Ca - Got a couple of LP's from this lady whilst in Canada a few years ago. Not listened to this one yet. Got to love the patriotic body painting on the cover!!

Next ones also from yesterday's fair. Not £2 but still cheap!

John Gregory - A Man for all Seasons - Cheaper than the one Sie saw in Tokyo recently!!

Ian Carr & Solarplexus - Solar Plexus - Cheap swirly in vg+ condition. Great funky uk fusion jazz.

Quintessence - In Blissful Company - Been after the 45 of the track Notting Hill Gate for a while. Will settle for a cheap copy of the LP!

Can - Ege Bamyasi - US copy of this German prog space jazz classic.

More from the £1 boxes with the exception of The Last Nikle.

Cliff Richard - Tracks n Grooves

Synthetic Sounds - Moog at the Movies - Decent version of Superfly

Chris Barber - Get Rolling - Funky big band fusion. Breaks!!

The Last Nikle - Picked this up in Greenwich this morning. US jazz rock. Best track for me is Life is a Purple Antelope!

Some Italian 45's found on Berwick Street

Ulisse - Il Coraggio di Lasciarti - Great backing, not sure about vocals!

FR David - Luisa Luisa - See above. Great orchestral intro!

Lara Saint Paul - Se Non Fosse ... - Best of the three for me!

Octavio Burnier - MPBC - Got about 4 titles from this Brazilian series, all of them great latin fusion. This one comes from the personal collection of J Dilla. Check out my certificate if you don't believe me!!

Comment

• Brainbomb
          Chocolate Rain
          • Jan 2005

Nice finds! I bought that Boosey & Hawkes just days ago myself - I quite like more or less the whole thing.
          "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
          and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

• Rich Hero
            Mad Curry
            • Jun 2002

Nice selection, as usual, Mark.

Originally posted by llmod1 View Post

Carolyn Hester - That's My Song - Early folk LP.
            ...Is that the second this thread? What's it like? I saw a cheap copy yesterday and the cover looked familiar, from here, but the sleeve notes didn't inspire me and there were other things to spend my money on so I left it. Was that a mistake?
            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

• LDJB
              Chocolate Rain
              • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post
              Nice selection, as usual, Mark.

...Is that the second this thread? What's it like? I saw a cheap copy yesterday and the cover looked familiar, from here, but the sleeve notes didn't inspire me and there were other things to spend my money on so I left it. Was that a mistake?
              I've had it Rich - bored me but my folk tolerance is low - just seemed a bit average to me - stick with the Coalition I say

Comment

• LDJB
                Chocolate Rain
                • Dec 2001

I've not had too much in recently - partially through choice and partially through there apparently being no good records in Scotland. Anyway I've been watching myself since Effi told me off

Here's some LPs

The OST was a Sayers tip off - thank you sir!
                The String Beat - hurrah for Waxi set sales - it was about 50% of the price I've seen them for at Utrecht and in great nick! A well known LP round these parts but ones that's always escaped my grasp until now.
                Lee Mason library - not the 'Shady Blues' one (I've already got that one...where's the smug smilie?) but pretty damned good! Am I right in saying that Lee Mason is a pen name for Pete Moore? Here's a sip - not the best track but the only one I could find

Electrifying / Explosive Hits - now I normally wouldn't touch stuff like this with a barge pole but these being exotic (to me) Australian comps I had to give them a go at 50p each for the stuff I didn't recognise or looked interesting:

Sir John is a minty spare - shout if needed - yours for P&P

Kenny Durham is a US orig pulled out of a charity - not my cuppa at all (despite the lovely sleeve) - as above free to an interested party for P&P.

45s

The Third Booth - ace shouty garage punker - many thanks to Paul Treeboy for this.
                The Peeps - Rainbows - UK band US release - nice psychy effort with great organ
                Ray Sharp - Earthquake - well know around here.
                The Rogers - a Sayers spin - ta mate.
                The Federals - the Climb - UK RnB band do a Coasters cover.
                The Three Good Reasons - Nowhere Man - I can't resist a Beatles cover...and I didn't.
                and at the extreme right a brace of reissues both of which are excellent!!

Comment

• mattB
                  Fuzz Meercat
                  • Oct 2007

Sick score on the Bubbha Thomas. I have the 1978 Best of, which is semi-rare in itself. But would love an OG CFC.
                  btw, you mean someone had it on discogs.com for $6?? wow.
                  .............\m/_(>_<)_\m/
                  .....One Box Record Fair, Tokyo
                  Picture Sleeve 45 pron (with audio)

Comment

• mr sayers
                    Chocolate Rain
                    • Jan 2005

Nice finds as usual there Lee mat, That Chappell sounds great, what's the rest like?

Lee Mason is allegedly Pete Moore BTW.
                    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• alanmck
                      Jazz Moderator
                      • Nov 2002

Originally posted by mattB View Post
                      Sick score on the Bubbha Thomas. I have the 1978 Best of, which is semi-rare in itself. But would love an OG CFC.
                      blimey, agreed completely. closest i've got is one of the Judnell 45s for under $30.

Comment

• LDJB
                        Chocolate Rain
                        • Dec 2001

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                        Nice finds as usual there Lee mat, That Chappell sounds great, what's the rest like?

Lee Mason is allegedly Pete Moore BTW.
                        No solid but lots to like on it mate - you'd dig it.

Comment

• mr sayers
                          Chocolate Rain
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                          No solid but lots to like on it mate - you'd dig it.
                          Thanks man...Thought as much.
                          "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• llmod1
                            Lonely Jelly
                            • Jul 2002

Whoops, sorry I got that kind of wrong. I just checked to be sure and it was actually $8.25

Apologies!!

Comment

• Sie Vulture
                              Zapatta Schmidt
                              • Nov 2001

Sick score on the Bubbha Thomas.
                              What Matt (any just about everybody else) is saying - that is a great find for f'all money. Well fished out of a big pond. I've never seen one in the wild, have got one of the 45's bought cheap in the US but that's about as close as I've got.

What's the deal with the Dilla thing..? Is there an auction or something..?
                              If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• alanmck
                                Jazz Moderator
                                • Nov 2002

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
                                What's the deal with the Dilla thing..? Is there an auction or something..?
                                yes, auction of the estate, each winning bidder receiving their item complete with certificate signed by Ma Dukes...

Comment

Working...
                                X