Thread: Ariel Pink - London

Default Ariel Pink - London

I had a great night out at Ariel Pink's show in London last night, despite taking over an hour trying to find
    the car after the gig in the rats maze that is the back streets of Camden, otherwise I had a splendid time.

I must have walked past this place dozens of times but had never been in before,
    it's like a Tardis, a simple doorway on the street on the outside and well spacious inside.

Ariel wore a fetching butterfly shirt and a tight pair of pink jeans

however, the drummer trumped him with a delightful bikini set, floppy hat and an Iron Cross

the 8 piece band may no longer be called Haunted Graffiti but they may as well have been

Picture Me Gone was one of the highlights

the band finished off with a two song encore

on the way back to the car we passed a massive queue snaking along Camden High Street at 11pm,
    asking a bloke wandering about "who are they waiting for?" the one word reply "Kanye" told us all we needed to know.
    It then took me a bloody hour to find the car and I really,really needed a wee, so the evening ended on a bit of a downer.

Quote Originally Posted by Head Gardener View Post

I must have walked past this place dozens of times but had never been in before,
    it's like a Tardis, a simple doorway on the street on the outside and well spacious inside.
    Blimey - is the Electric Ballroom still open? Haven't been up to Camden in ages.

Plenty of jazz dance history associated with that venue...

http://www.thebottomend.co.uk/Legend..._Jazz_Room.php

Quote Originally Posted by Head Gardener View Post
    It then took me a bloody hour to find the car and I really,really needed a wee, so the evening ended on a bit of a downer.
    Perhaps this should be in the Peevs thread?
    "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

I was there too. I'd love to know who was responsible for playing the discs between the bands: Iron Virgin, Michel Polnareff, "Let's Get The Party Going" by Warwick and "Paper Party" by Brian Wells (my most wanted 45) were all played. It reminded me a bit of going to see The Sisters Of Mercy at the same venue 31 (!) years ago - not least because Ariel and band remind me a bit of the Sisters from around that time (the tongue in cheek element especially). Also from what little I can recall of that Sisters show the DJ played nothing but Mud/Sweet/Quatro between the bands - records which were then barely more than a decade old and yet sounded beamed in from a distant galaxy...
    Last edited by Mang; 17-03-2015 at 12:06 PM.
    Drastically reduced to 72p

your bang on about the tunes, I heard some great ones but couldn't summon the willpower to ask what they were
    but your list of names gives me more clues, so thank you! I took some footage of the encore

Quote Originally Posted by Expiry2011 View Post
    Perhaps this should be in the Peevs thread?
    Sounds like it was heading for the pees thread!