Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: November 2015 finds

Quote Originally Posted by giantchicken View Post
    Strange isn’t it? You know, how all these threads within threads converge on a single point?

The year is 1976….

We don’t yet know it, but it will prove to be something of a watershed…

We are bona fide rock stars…

We are living in America…

We play stadia and can compete with Kiss and Johnny Winter and Aerosmith and Blue Oyster Cult…

We do lots of drugs…and lots of hookers…

We have heard the great god EMI proclaim how everything will be ‘A Night At The Opera’…

We hear our studio neighbours sing of ‘Hotel California’ as we clean out their wasted cocaine from the mixing board…

We have heard our manager tell us we must be more ‘Opera’, more ‘California’, more ELO…

We are working on new songs, they are about the things we know, managers and hookers and drug dealers…

We are adding new experimental dimensions to our sound…

We have employed a keyboard player and like the Eagles, encouraged our drummer to sing…

We are expanding in all directions, covering all options…

We have heard the future and believe it will be influenced by southern-fried blues boogie…

We are, more or less, more 'more' and less 'less'...

We are working on a new look for our output – more like Pink Floyd or The Alan Parsons Project…

We do not realise that as we work, the great god EMI has already contracted the virus that will change everything…

We are BLACK SABBATHand we are not feeling ourselves today….

Black Sabbath - 'Technical Ecstasy'
    Not the best Sabbath to start your Sabbath journey. But better a Sabbath than no Sabbath

Quote Originally Posted by Milesago View Post

Technical Ecstasy is arguably their worst 70s record, along with Sabotage.

What what what what? You should really, really revisit sabotage. Ok, the cover is horrible, but there's not a bad tune on it. Symptom of the universe, which is the blue print to Master of Puppets, Megalomania, The Writ, Am I going Insane, come on ....

just to show that I'm not alone on this:

Default zen & the art of nit picking

For those eager to see more of the 'orrible P'orrigde:

That is such an 'orrible sleeve
    ...if in doubt consult your dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRegent View Post
    That is such an 'orrible sleeve
    The US version is semi-censored, obscuring the two figures behind a cloud of steam.

For those who don't know it, this album while uneven opens with two KILLER tracks which announced that UFO were capable of upping their game. In mid-70s hard-rock-becoming-metal terms, it's essential.

The CD version sounds horrible.

Not got out much apart from the nice African Exotica last week just bought some reissues online and finally picked up a copy of 'amazonias' which I never seem to find so I'll make do with this very good copy for a quid even though someone has scrawled 30p on it in permanent marker. I found the Gilberto for 25p this morning which made my day as its excellent condition and a lovely album:

[IMG][/IMG]

Any questions please ask as not had a chance to listen to most of them yet! My step son was offered a place at Kings school Chester as a scholarship/bursary thing so we went to an open evening and listened to some guy drone on about the 'Oxbridge Process' for what seemed like hours. He ended up not wanting to go, wound up at St Andrews and is in the final year of a Masters (Physics) now and is one of only 5% of people on his course who made it to the final year and has never forgotten his roots, gotta love him, so I'll play it him on crimbo day so he can hear what he missed out on

You find me in the Lake District (Chapel Stile) in the middle of a very wet week. Obviously, I'm hardcore and refused to be beaten by such things and have been out hammering the hills anyway. Today, I tried to get up a place called Great Carrs, where there's a memorial to a crashed Halifax Bomber crew, thought I'd go an pay my respects on the right day. However, the weather was absolutely hideous and I had to turn round about 20mins from the summit as visibility was pish and I've got form in the area of keeping going out of bravado. So, after the outbreak of common sense, I'm safe and sound and of a mind to catch up on the various items that I've acquired recently.

Usual sources: interweb, yomps round charity shops, Grantham Market and Rob's Records.

Got these fellas a few weeks ago and they're now submerged in vodka and gin back at the ranch. Never seen a berry harvest like this year's - crazy. I almost went sloe-blind as the blackthorn were absolutely teeming with them.

Sabs Vol 4 from Rob's - picked up for my mate who I'm helping to build a 'no fat' collection. Then some cheapies that I grabbed on a jaunt round charity shops in Newark on Trent. All pretty VV / VG+ friendly, the Gunther Kallman is nearly there, but occupies that hinterland between 'keep' and 'freebie'. 'Hong Kong Beat' is pretty much ace, as I'm sure you all know. The Kellee Patterson 12" is pretty perfunctory disco, shame as I got quite excited when I saw the Shadybrook sleeve.

More from the Newark chazzas. Think the only one that will head for the 'Out' pile is the Black Funk LP. Pleasantly surprised by the Stan Butcher - far more grooviness than I expected.

Hits comp from a Sutton in Ashfield chazza, not a keeper. Then a quite nip into Anarchy in Nottingham netted me a Prince 12" that I realised I hadn't already got (I've always been a sucker for 'Erotic City'). AC/DC for the aforementioned mate and Janice Hoyte (she who usually helps 'the retarded') doing a nifty VV version (is that like Va-Va-Voom?) of 'Ocapella'.

Three more from the charities of Sutton in Ashfield. Johnny Scott is tip-top and will remain with yours truly, as will yet another Stan Butcher stormer, the Disco One LP is already languishing in the 'Out' pile.

More from Sutton (all from the RSPCA shop). 'Movin' On' is a keeper, the others, not so much (mixtape fodder I guess).

A couple more from Sutton, both of which are spares and were picked up to add to the next round of freebies ('Cockpit' on the NYJO album is a banger). Got Yamasuki for a good price off eBay, as part of my new regime of buying an item off my Wants list every month, as long as it still represents a good bargain and I was happy enough in this case.

I know these are all hugely well-known and fairly easily available. This is more to give an indication of the kind of thing I'm picking up for my mate. So, if any of you come to do any trading with me, these are the kind of thing that is perfectly acceptable. I got all these by taking a large bag of my 'overspill' to Grantham Market and doing a trade. All parties are very happy. My mate is a BTTF obsessive and nearly wet himself at the sight of the OST. I'm keeping Led Zep IV as I needed a clean copy, also hung on to Toto as no-one can tell me that 'Georgy Porgy' isn't ace!

So, in the interests of symmetry, we'll finish on a forage. As I came back down the fells today, the vile weather had me slightly off course and I missed the path down to the bridge I was aiming for and dropped down into the 'wrong' field. Where I stumbled upon these fellas:

Proceed with caution..................
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

in the seaside town that they forgot to close down...

Psychedelic Shrooms ?
    I have an stash of Sloe Gin just getting going here ... always worth the wait mate
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

A few more 45s from various sources...

Tommy Quickly & The Remo Four - 'Kiss Me Now'
    Beryl Marsden - 'I Only Care About You'

Nothing quite as exciting and rare as Cratedigger's Roadrunners acetate here in the Merseybeat department, but a couple of 45s by two of it's less celebrated and more single-minded practitioners, if for different reasons. Quickly seems destined to be remembered as one of Brian Epstein's flop acts and on this evidence it's no surprise - the song is average pop fare - the Remo Four do their best to add a bit of liveliness to proceedings but Quickly's voice is flat, his delivery listless and non-commital. To be fair, the young, naive and somewhat casual Quickly had always preferred to sing R&B material by choice but Epstein split him from his own 'ugly' band and teamed him with the R4 in the hope of producing yet another cheeky 'boy next door' character. Quickly, however, was the rough diamond who refused to be polished and, not unreasonably reckoning that this might all be a nine day wonder, gave it booze, drugs and girls to the max instead.

Beryl Marsden had something of the beatnik spirit and although she'd set her mind on a music career, she was confident enough to turn Epstein down and go her own way, apparently telling her mum she was going to the chippy and hopping the milk train to London instead. 'I Only Care About You' isn't anything that would have stood out against Sandie Shaw or Dusty Springfield but the B-side, a cover of Barbara George's US hit 'I Know (You Don't Love Me No More)' is altogether much better, allowing Marsden's distinctive voice a little more room for expression. While she'd never be a raging success, she had a reasonably lengthy and colourful music career including doing some vocals on Lennon's 'Instant Karma'.

Today, when pop 'career paths' are vaingloriously pre-planned by their would be perpetrators, stories like Quickly's and Marsden's, indeed the whole relatively haphazard Merseybeat phenomenon seems refreshingly adventurous in comparison.

Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - 'Scarlet O'Hara' - Meanwhile. a few miles west of Meeksville, we find Jet and Tony trying a few 'wall of sound' touches amidst a very English landscape and even singing on the flip. I could have had a whole album of their works for a few bob more, but I do like my period 45s, even if this isn't one of their best.

Manfred Mann - 'Sweet Pea'/'The Mighty Quinn' - Mike D'Abo period Manfreds is my favourite. 'Sweet Pea' was an odd, if catchy, choice for an A-side on this instrumental double header, but it's the flip, 'One Way' which finds the boys getting their lounge-jazz on that is the main interest. 'Mighty Quinn' needs no introduction and the B-side 'By Request - Edwin Garvey' finds them in Pete & Dud/proto-Bonzos silly comedy crooner mode.

Gary 'US' Bonds - 'Quarter To Three' - I've owned a hideous sounding bootleg press of this tune for years and hoped this 80's reissue on Ensign might show an improvement in sound quality on what is among the best songs of it's genre - but no - it was evidently just recorded on a wax cylinder....

Grupo Folclorico E Cultural Do Livramentro - 'Dancas e Cantares da Madeira' - one of those random charity shop purchases based on little other than a bright and interesting sleeve and a wild hope that it might reveal a gem ('and anyway, I've found sod all else in here'...) - well this one's paid off, I'm happy to say - four songs (recorded late 60s/early 70s?) by this long running outfit, with jolly melodies and a genuinely happy vibe. The songs, with their repetitive beats and circular vocal chants sound (not entirely surprisingly perhaps) like a strange precursor to both Cuban and Brazilian percussion orchestras and even twenties US jug bands - a nice find. This'll give you a flavour...

Various - 'RKM Music Library' EP - The latest from those likeable chaps down at Spoke Records - wasn't my favourite release by them on first listen I'll admit, but it's definitely growing on me, particular Gomez & Madirez's tantalisingly short 'Loneliness'...

Mason Williams - 'Classical Gas' - bought since I'd convinced myself years ago that the nice minty copy of 'The Mason Williams Phonograph Record' I bought from Power Cuts 20 odd years ago was a one-tracker, and owning this would be less weight to carry on those occasions I wanted to 'gas' the people, as it were. But the flip, a guitar boogie number, seemed way better than I remembered 'Baroque A Nova' being ...no surprise since subsequent research has shown the flip is is actually Norman Greenbaum's 'Canned Ham' - hey, a rare mispress - I'm rich!....

Rush - 'Tom Sawyer'(Live Version) - A low tolerance to prolonged Geddy Lee exposure limits my involvement in Rushmania, but I admire their musical adventurousness, so this small burst of live Rush with it's reassuringly gutchurning bass synth tones should help satisfy those occasional cravings...

EDIT - Hey Ben, do you think your mate might be interested in a 'Technical Ecstasy' rather than 'Vol 4'? - you might even enjoy it yourself - you'll probably need a few cups of 'tea', mind........no, thought not...

Stay tuned........
    you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Couple of 7 inchers sleeveless which looked interesting, both ex jukebox but condition wise they look all right maybe, Mr Sayers or Treeboy can tell me more I'm useless with 7's:

http://www.discogs.com/Lifeforce-Wat...elease/2165109

http://www.discogs.com/Carlo-Fever/release/1983186

Stuffed in one sleeve with this which I'm guessing is of interest to no one. With the swap dominating my life at the moment among other things I've not got much time to listen to purchases lately:

http://www.discogs.com/Handley-Famil...elease/1475579

Some lp's:

This looks like straight rock from South Africa:

http://www.discogs.com/Hotline-Jabulani/release/5654723

Some obligatory jazz live from a pub no less (am guessing trad but worth 50p to find out), they'll be playing jazz below a pizza takeaway next:

http://www.discogs.com/Tally-Ho-Jazz...elease/4794451

Tighten Up Volume 3 which is a bit tatty but don't think I've got:

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Tight...release/793495

and this which going by other 'Tank' releases I own is probably Country from the northern cabaret circuit. Signed by the man himself as these things usually are:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALAN-WILLI...item3d0896bec7

Oh and this nice digipack double CD of modern folk and psyche:

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Folk-...release/785067

Almost forgot just for Head Gardener interest although I bet he already has it. Lovely unplayed thick vinyl, booklet and the sturdiest cardboard sleeve I've ever come across in superb condition though you'd be hard pressed to bend it! There is only one problem... I hate golf with a passion... still its a nice object to behold and must have some useful spoken word on it somewhere:

http://www.discogs.com/Arnold-Palmer...elease/3287854

Lots of joy for not much over a fiver!
    Last edited by amidar; 12-11-2015 at 05:01 PM. Reason: jukebox and formatting

What happened to your wooden chicken, Giant Chicken?
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

I recommend boiling them up Ben, drinking and eating the horrid brew, putting Faust on your ipod and walking through Manchester Piccadilly during the Friday rush hour, not really! Enjoy and nice finds alongside the shrooms especially the S2S London thing.

Charity Shop finds this week

A great 2 x LP with pretty much everything that happened between 1922-72. Clips from
    the BBC sound archives includes the death of kings to The Goon Show to the sound of Big Ben.

A typeface that hints that the music within might be just a bit sexy but you can relax, it isn't.

Two Dad's Army stars moaning about how there is Not Much Change from a pound, gawd bless 'em.

A 25p single I couldn't resist was this Danish instrumental from 1968 which sounds like a low budget Bonzos

Bob Hardcastle gives a commentary on what is good recorded sound but unfortunately
    it's all about classical music and absolutely nothing to do with Phil Collins.

Best find of the week by a country mile was this Big Youth 7" from 1973 which came in this superb old sleeve

it was the inspiration for

I like the silly psych flip of that Sir Henry 45.

Today's curious find at the lunchtime charity shop dig:

Moondog conducts Fläskkvartetten - Bracelli
    Moondog I guess you all know about. Fläskkvartetten, or Flesh Quartet as they also go by, is a string quartet with percussion added that was formed in 1985, often collaborating with artists such as Imperiet and Freddie Wadling, some members have a punk/postpunk background.
    I've actually never seen this record in the wild, even though it was released on a local label by people that I know of. It was recorded in Stockholm in 1986 with all music written by Moondog. They apparently played a few gigs at the time, with Moondog conducting. I don't know what to call this, Avant Chamber?
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Had to rescue this from a used bin today:

Y'ALL SO STUPID 'VAN FULL OF PAKISTAN ' LP

Quote Originally Posted by amidar View Post
    I recommend boiling them up Ben, drinking and eating the horrid brew, putting Faust on your ipod and walking through Manchester Piccadilly during the Friday rush hour, not really! Enjoy and nice finds alongside the shrooms especially the S2S London thing.
    Cheers for the tips mate - I'm not exactly a novice in these pursuits though! I've still got some Googling to do as I found another little batch today and I want to make sure as many as possible are 'libs'. My theory was pick them now and Google them at the cottage, rather than pick one or two, do an ID and then go back. From what I can see, definitely enough for several cuppas. The horror.....................the horror...............

Last time I did shrooms, it was just as they were being banned and I bought some Mexican ones via mail order from some head shop in Camden. Spent most of the night trying to avoid the Alien out of 'Alien'. It wasn't exactly a feast of merriment.

Still, one must persevere eh?
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

I was being slightly sarcy A busy city centre on hallucinogens is probably my worst nightmare and I don't think 'faust' on headphones would improve the situation.

I remember my first shroom trip many years ago when I was 15-16 watching the skin fall off my hands and everything breathing and whispering during that first mad hour you get, think we'd done about 80-100 each, 3 of us. My best friend at the time wet his pants and was talking gibberish all night. He never took any kind of substance again, think he is a copper somewhere now. Considering he was pretty hard but a fair guy I feel good he's in such a job but I don't think psychedelics agreed with him. I was doing a summer job in a blouse making factory and had to be at work the next morning, somehow everything about the place seemed depressingly different the following day.

Its always a lottery with these things! I don't think I've had many good times on shrooms but always learnt something about myself I guess! + they don't last anywhere near the trip you get with that other famous chemical.

A lot of the farmers spray their fields with something around here these days to kill them off, not like they grow all year around or anything. Its certainly the right time of year for them though when the ground is damp just before the first frost kills them all off.

Find a nice quite place in the country where you feel safe and secure and go and explore!

The little 'nipple' on the top is the dead giveaway with 'libs' but better safe than sorry. I always found them a little less intense when dried and powdered.

'Eat that fruit but don't take Root'

Just to add my 'tripping' days are long behind me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Benicio Del Toffo View Post
    Cheers for the tips mate - I'm not exactly a novice in these pursuits though! I've still got some Googling to do as I found another little batch today and I want to make sure as many as possible are 'libs'. My theory was pick them now and Google them at the cottage, rather than pick one or two, do an ID and then go back. From what I can see, definitely enough for several cuppas. The horror.....................the horror...............

Last time I did shrooms, it was just as they were being banned and I bought some Mexican ones via mail order from some head shop in Camden. Spent most of the night trying to avoid the Alien out of 'Alien'. It wasn't exactly a feast of merriment.

Still, one must persevere eh?

Don't know CD, but even though its one his later ones its a cracking find in a chazza. Although saying that his music is so individualistic what decade he made it in hardly seems to matter. Well done mate!

Quote Originally Posted by cratedigger View Post
    Today's curious find at the lunchtime charity shop dig:

Moondog conducts Fläskkvartetten - Bracelli
    Moondog I guess you all know about. Fläskkvartetten, or Flesh Quartet as they also go by, is a string quartet with percussion added that was formed in 1985, often collaborating with artists such as Imperiet and Freddie Wadling, some members have a punk/postpunk background.
    I've actually never seen this record in the wild, even though it was released on a local label by people that I know of. It was recorded in Stockholm in 1986 with all music written by Moondog. They apparently played a few gigs at the time, with Moondog conducting. I don't know what to call this, Avant Chamber?

Dosing is the most difficult, definitely with these 'found in the wild'.

You have to take enough for the trip to take off , but not too much, because then:

I've had fun most of the times. Best is to take em by nightfall, something with being under cover of night.

I always thought there was not that much difference with that 'other famous chemical'. Might indeed not last that long, but it can get as intense.

Quote Originally Posted by babycart View Post
    ....guess who's back........(from Sifters Records)....

Guess Who - 'Guess Who Play The Guess Who' - Ah yes, the Guess Who, best known for their decent knock-off of 'Shakin' All Over' and being the hangout of Mr Bachman before he met Messrs Turner and Overdrive. This supermarket quality cash in collection of their early works reveals a band trying to be all things to all men, but mostly being purveyors of imitation Beatles songs to the moptop loving kids of North America although this particular trick, it must be said, is performed with some considerable aplomb, and it's only the apparent poor quality of Canadian recording studios that gives the game away.

The sleeve notes claim all the material was self-penned although included is a rather poor version of the rock & roll standard 'The Wild One' (aka 'Real Wild Child'), which the world and it's wife have helped themselves to anyway, given it's uncertain (although definitely Australian) origins. All of this is academic anyhow since this album hits you with it's best number right away, the fuzzmongous garage monster that is 'It's My Pride'....let's rock....

The Monkees - 'A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You'/ 'Valleri' - I find it a little hard to listen to the Monkees these days (a double album compy I bought last year is still gathering dust with nary a needle drop) but as I find og 45s hard to resist. these found their way into my stash. 'A Little Bit' reminds us that Neil Diamond was a decent pop writer, but he's aced here by Boyce & Hart's 'Valleri' which is definitely one of the Monkees' best. It also has Mike Nesmith's 'Tapioca Tundra' on the flip, a kind of arctic Monkees if you will.....no, I wouldn't either....

The Searchers - 'Take It Or Leave It' - Well obviously I took it, although I might just as well have left it....

Barry Blue - 'Barry Blue' - I've always liked Barry Blue, one of those jobbing music biz people who just got on with it and didn't make a fuss, be it singing the theme song to 'Le Mariage Collectif', being a sometime member of Uriah Heep or cooking up sugary pop confections with close associates like Lindsey De Paul, Ron Roker and Gerry Shury. In amongst this, he also found a couple of years to be the Gary Glitter that it was OK to like, with better hair and costumes.

I was pleased to find this OG of his first album hoping it might be a replacement for the inferiorly packaged Music For Pleasure re-ish that I already owned. When I told a mate I'd been to Sifters Records, he sardonically replied 'oh good - everything still mint is it?' Mr Sifter does have a habit of sticking the M-word on everything in the shop, and it certainly wasn't the case here, a shame since I really like the sleeve...Yeah, Barry Blue...you know that obscure Marti Caine record you like?...yep, that was him too....let's remember him this way - hamming it up furiously in front of a German TV audience who, even if they do wanna dance, appear to lack the English to explain to Barry that it's against the fire regulations and that anyway, they're perfectly happy to sit and clap along....hilarious...

The Walker Brothers - 'No Regrets' - Minty enough, but I regret it wasn't a copy of 'Nite Flights' - further Walker action to follow soon....

Nino Tempo & April Stevens - 'Deep Purple' - Great harmony pop from a duo who were a wee bit hipper than most of their ilk and who's oeuvre stands a little investigation...

Anthony Newley - 'If She Should Come To You' ('La Montana') - Down the years, I've had a number of people try to tell me what a talented genius Tony Newley was, but I admit, I've never been able to see it. I mean, I can stand a bit of 'Strawberry Fair', I can see the obvious influence he had on Bowie's style, I even own the supposedly cool 'Hieronymous Merkin' soundtrack but none of these things convinced me. To me, there was just too many grandiose ballads (like this one) and fatuous legend embroidery.

The discovery of his work with Delia Derbyshire on 'Moogies Bloogies' put him up a few notches in my estimation and he recently re-entered my thoughts when I upgraded my copy of Max Harris' theme to 'The Strange World Of Gurney Slade'...ah yes, 'Gurney Slade'...didn't my mate Phil back in the 80s tell me that was supposed to be really good? Curious again, I watched some teasers on Youtube....

...well, you can guess what happened....

...and I have to say, this truly is a work of something close to genius...subversive, surreal, surprising in every way and impossibly ahead of it's time - really, if you haven't seen this, stick it on your Christmas list - you won't be disappointed. The perfect cult TV show....

...and finally...

ABBA - 'ABBA' - Well what can I say, 'Mamma Mia' and 'S.O.S'. are here, but once again, it's the stuff between the hits where the fun's to be ha.......OI!............what with 'Hey, Hey Helen'........get off me will you!.....fabulous........'Intermezzo No.1'......Benny's.....OOF!........glamtastic 'Rock......Me'....aaaghhh...............hmmufftganffghtf............ffffoooofffggghhhhmmmmf.......

(post prematurely ended as giantchicken is overcome by a group of hooded men (one wearing a Pelle Karlsson mask), beaten with clubs, straightjacketed, his beak gaffataped and dragged off once again in the little green van until next time.....)

Yep certainly get as intense, if not more so on the come up, fully agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mescal View Post
    Dosing is the most difficult, definitely with these 'found in the wild'.

You have to take enough for the trip to take off , but not too much, because then:

I've had fun most of the times. Best is to take em by nightfall, something with being under cover of night.

I always thought there was not that much difference with that 'other famous chemical'. Might indeed not last that long, but it can get as intense.

Hey Ben, re your haul of mushies. I didn't pipe up upthread because I wasn't sure of your intentions. I won't bore you with my personal psychedelic adventures, but I do know a Psilocybe semilanceata when I see one (the memory ain't what it used to be, but some things stick). That's definitely a mixed bag you have there. Bin those little brown dome shaped ones with the brown stems. You probably already have, in which case, enjoy.

Some good finds, giantchicken, I guess that No Regrets is a cheapie in the UK, but I've never seen one here. I'm a big Scott Walker fan, now trying to scoop up some of his 45s as well.
    There is an EP called Shutout with all four Scott tracks off Nite Flights. That would be a smashing find, I could even consider letting go of my Nite Flights if I found that.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

We need a new thread 'Treeboy's Bad Trips!'

But yeah always pays to be ultra careful especially with wild fungi and psychedelics in general. I knew a lad who's schizophrenia (or whatever he got diagnosed with so many different forms of mental illness we are yet to understand.) was most definitely triggered by his use of such things. I guess a lot of people know someone such as this if they had such youthful experiences. Good old Syd being a famous example.

Quote Originally Posted by treeboy View Post
    Hey Ben, re your haul of mushies. I didn't pipe up upthread because I wasn't sure of your intentions. I won't bore you with my personal psychedelic adventures, but I do know a Psilocybe semilanceata when I see one (the memory ain't what it used to be, but some things stick). That's definitely a mixed bag you have there. Bin those little brown dome shaped ones with the brown stems. You probably already have, in which case, enjoy.
    Last edited by amidar; 13-11-2015 at 09:36 AM. Reason: spelling

The wooden chicken is Giant Chicken, babycart.
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by eine View Post
    Ah. I thought Giant Chicken was Giant Chic Ken.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amidar View Post
    We need a new thread 'Treeboy's Bad Trips!'

But yeah always pays to be ultra careful especially with wild fungi and psychedelics in general. I knew a lad who's schizophrenia (or whatever he got diagnosed with so many different forms of mental illness we are yet to understand.) was most definitely triggered by his use of such things. I guess a lot of people know someone such as this if they had such youthful experiences. Good old Syd being a famous example.
    Glad to report I never had one.......but it could be the title of a future Xmas comp! Can't use it for this years, which is all smiley.

Probably 60-40 or more in favour of bad for me. Still not got the title sorted but got some ideas. Like you I'm attempting to put together a happy mix this year.

Quote Originally Posted by treeboy View Post
    Glad to report I never had one.......but it could be the title of a future Xmas comp! Can't use it for this years, which is all smiley.

Quote Originally Posted by cratedigger View Post
    Some good finds, giantchicken, I guess that No Regrets is a cheapie in the UK, but I've never seen one here. I'm a big Scott Walker fan, now trying to scoop up some of his 45s as well.
    There is an EP called Shutout with all four Scott tracks off Nite Flights. That would be a smashing find, I could even consider letting go of my Nite Flights if I found that.
    Yes, I'm a Scott fan too, but my vinyl Walkers collection is small so I've recently set about improving that situation. Scott's solo albums have had plenty of reissues but other more notable Walker items ('Night Flights'/'Shutout' in particular) are pretty expensive by dint of their poor sales. 'No Regrets' isn't too difficult or expensive though - I even found one today, but it had a few scratches so I left it, but I'll pick you one up next time I see a decent copy. You made a good score with 'The Plague' though, that seems to be a tricky find for some (luckily, I also have one!) - recent Walker finds coming up soon!

Quote Originally Posted by eine View Post
    Hmmmm....sometimes I think the wooden chicken is just my representative in the cyber world....sometimes I'm not so sure....

Ah. I thought Giant Chicken was Giant Chic Ken]
    Mr Russell is amongst my heroes and I hope to follow his example in growing old disgracefully (particularly if I get a Hetty Baynes to look after me in my dotage...) - back in the mid 90s I was staying with some friends in a cottage in Ambleside in the Lake District that was just down the hill from Ken and Hetty's home and we were sorely tempted to knock on their door and invite them down to party with us - I wish we had now....