Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easter Freebies - Live and Lairy

Default Easter Freebies - Live and Lairy

Oh well, owing to the foul weather and both he and I having dodgy knees, pooch won't be getting a walk, so I've time to crack on with listing the freebies.

Usual rules, which seem to be becoming standard in these kinds of posts:

• No lurkers
    • No newbies
    • Register your interest in the thread, so that others can keep track of what's gone / still available
    • I can't stop you taking stuff and then listing in your Discogs pages, but I might well let it slip that it's rumbled. It's a shady and soulless practice.
    • You'll be paying for your postage + a bit towards a new mailer (I just ordered a load from Covers 33 yesterday). With the lovely second class postage pricing bands, that means a package of say 4 LPs will typically cost around £3.50 in total.
    • First come, first served - please read previous posts to save you from asking for items that have already gone
    • Let the dust settle for a few days, I'll get in touch with you to let you know the Paypal details.

Think that's it?

And, as Ron Pickering used to say at the end of We Are The Champions..............................Away you go!!

Femme Vox:

Homme Vox:

Hallo!:

Canon Fodder – The bedrock upon which this Board was built!:

Telly related:

Jesus H:

Keyboards:

Breaks – NB The Chris Barber is badly warped (the condition it arrived in way back when I came off badly in a very poor trade with someone who doesn’t post much these days), but if you just want it for ‘Fegalemic Pegaloomer’, you should be fine:

Ethnic Music (McChortle!):

Jazz(ish):

12”s – Manu Dibango ‘Sun Explosion’ / ‘The Big Blow’, Kellee Patterson ‘Let Go, Let Go’ / ‘How I Love Your Smile’, The New Jersey Connection ‘Love Don’t Come Easy’ / Instrumental:

Let’s Just Call These ‘Random’:

Jet Boy stole my baby.

Hi Ben can I give the hallo a go,cheers mate also sent you a pm on another subject

Could I grab the Dick Hyman record, ta.

Could I grab 'The Purple Fox', the 'Betejeman' and 'The Folk Lore' and 'Background Music for 8mm' Lp's Please? Cheers Ben.

If no one grabs the Chris Barber I'll go dixieland jazz on pitch's recommendation, don't mind paying extra postage either.
    Last edited by amidar; 28-03-2016 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Please and pitch

Hi Ben,
    Could I go for the Hallo 6,7 &9, and Trumpton please?

WF

Ben, I'd like to give The Valley of Achor a go and also Lynsey De Paul and Live at the Montague Arms Vol 2, if it's okay.
    Last edited by Shere Khan; 30-03-2016 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Trumped on trumpton
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Really kind Ben, thank you. Could I listen to The New Cascading Strings, Come Swing with Us, Back to Brazil, Vic Lewis and Street Sounds Electro 4?

I must do a freebies. Most of my records are coming from board members at the moment!
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

The Chris Barber is surprisingly good - recommended

in the seaside town that they forgot to close down...

I am short of a Perez Prado Now .
    Which is frankly ridiculous
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

They are obvious but anyone who hasn't got them should really grab 'The Peddlers' first album and the 'Roy Budd' and 'Fire and Ice' is a bloody brilliant album and probably mint as most people who bought probably got it on the strength of his more smoochy stuff then thought 'wtf is this?'.

Hi Ben, can I grab the Percy Faith, Sinatra, Demis Roussos, and a Hallo if there's one going spare. Cheers mate.

Someone grab the Batucada Fantastica. If you can stand mad drumming for over thirty minutes that is.

What a selection .

May I ask for Brightwinter ‎– A Band For All Seasons and Live at the montague please ?
    Rock on Penderyn

Yet again you spoil us Mr Del Toffo. I'd love the Alan Moorhouse please!

I dropped my guard and now I'm too late - curses

Someone should nab the Jack Jones - it's the one with the funky 'panable' drums on 'I'll never fall in love again' as used by DJ Andy Smith on one of the Document mixes and a decent 'Spinning Wheel'. It's one of the harder Jacks to turn up in my experience.
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

I keep seeing that in town and keep thinking should I buy it just for 'spinning wheel' to see what its like then think nah its 'Jack Jones'. I bet its gone next time I go in said charity shop.

EDIT: Sod it went into town and it was still there alongside a ruck of his albums so I bought the damm thing for £1.50 and his preceding one 'Where is Love' which looked a bit psychedelic both Mint. Sue Ryder £3.00 the richer.

Quote Originally Posted by LDJB View Post
    I dropped my guard and now I'm too late - curses

Someone should nab the Jack Jones - it's the one with the funky 'panable' drums on 'I'll never fall in love again' as used by DJ Andy Smith on one of the Document mixes and a decent 'Spinning Wheel'. It's one of the harder Jacks to turn up in my experience.
    Last edited by amidar; 29-03-2016 at 03:04 PM.

Hi Ben

Can I please have the Batacuda? My current listening is a bit tame, despite being quite perc-centric.

Ta

Hi Ben,

Can I please have the Jack Jones and the Fivepenny Piece if still available? I'll msg you later about the Lalo trade as well.

thanks!

I'm very interested in the Roy Budd. If that's still available. I've only been on here for a short time, but if that's OK I'd like o hear it. If'n it's OK, please chuck some other stuff in. I'll be happy to pay.
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Oh, and btw, my mailing address will be in the UK, although I live in Japan. I go to the UK every year. I just have to be patient.

Thanks for getting involved so far fellas and commiserations to those who dibbsed stuff that had already gone - if I had extras, I'd help you out, but can't this time.

I just wanted to remind those of you who have asked for one or two items that, with the Post Officr second class catch-all price for up to 2kg, you're as well having three or four items as you are one or two. So do let me know if you want summat else adding.

Will wind things down tomorrow night so that I can get items in the post at the weekend.

Cheers.

Hi again Ben

Swingles please!

Ta

To make up my parcel, if it's OK , I'd like to request:
    The Peddlers' first album
    Klaus Wunderlich
    Chris Barber ‎– Drat That Fratle Rat!

If I'm asking for too many, just remove as necessary ...

Very generous of you Ben. Thanks.

Turbo

So, to just sum up who's got what (seeing as there seemed to be some confusion about dibbsing stuff that had already long since been dibbsed - hence my advice to read previous posts ):

SmashingCheeseGromit - 4 x Hallo LPs

Shere Khan - Valley of Achor, Lynsey De Paul, Live At Montague Arms

Melter - Demis Roussos, Frank Sinatra, Percy Faith

Willy Fogg - Trumpton / Chigley

Sonovox - Dick Hyman

Eine - Electro 4, Vic Lewis, Back To Brazil, New Cascading Strings, Come Swing With Us

Boi Bach O'Bethel - Brightwinter

Agnes - Alan Moorhouse

TurboEllis - Peddlers, Roy Budd, Klaus W

Amidar - Chris Barber, Custom 8mm, Betjeman, Folk Lore, Purple Fox

Funktionnaire - Batucadas, Swingle Singers

As no-one's packages came in anywhere near 2kg, I don't see anyone needing to pay more than £3.50 (as long as we're posting to UK addresses) - can't say much fairer than that.

I'm off out in a bit, but will contact folk later with Paypal details. If you've already got my details from previous dealings, please feel free to GIFT me £3.50 and PM me your postal address and I'll get your package made up tonight.

Adding extras to anyone's package is my prerogative and just how I roll.
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

Cheers Ben they arrived today, thanks for remembering me with the extra. I had no idea that 8mm album was so old, fascinating even has its own built in stand, its definitely finding its way on to a Swap and I've not even listened to it yet!

Safely arrived. The Percy Faith has some belters on it and cheers for the extra one. Thanks again Ben.

Check out 'Oh my Friends...' put on to me by Paul K when Demis passed. TOON!

Quote Originally Posted by Melter View Post
    Safely arrived. The Percy Faith has some belters on it and cheers for the extra one. Thanks again Ben.

Bundle arrived today .... many thanks Ben
    Rock on Penderyn

Got mine too. The valley of Achor has some lovely tunes on it; really brings out the inner sap in me. What am I talking about, there's no inner sap- it's on display at all times. One thing though, Ben- you forgot to put a ferrero Rocher in with it (you are spoiling us ambassador)
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Finally got my hands on these! That was a long wait! Thanks again Ben. Will give 'em a spin tomorrow.