Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: June Finds 2016

Quote Originally Posted by stylesforfree View Post
    Now thats a a nice selection Melter, some really interesting looking records there. And no, unfortunately no game in the country joe and the fish LP, only 6 quid for an OG pressing though.
    Top drawer lp Styles. Colours For Susan was a special tune for many years for me. Must revisit. Eastern Jam...shit! I'm heading for the racks
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Quote Originally Posted by amidar View Post
    Nice selection especially the 'Alice'. I let that 'Les McCann' slip through my fingers on eBay for no money, did I make a mistake?
    Yet to play but will let you know unless someone else pipes up first.

Quote Originally Posted by medlar View Post
    Kick back the rug, turn up, grab your wife and bust some cha cha moves - fantastic record! Sounds like a trip and a half Melter, any photos?
    Yep had this on last night and it is a fun record. Girl got some pipes on her.

As for photos I'll see what I can share from my phone without boring people but the majority of our snaps were taken with one of the new generation Polaroid cameras and stuck into a journal that we took with us. Wanted to engage the kids a bit in the travel and have something to share at the end of it so this seemed like a good idea and worked out pretty well.

Just a couple from a few I bought, spent too much but came back with some gems too but first, its doing my head in apart from the windy curtains. What the frig is wrong with Mr Gold's Picture? :

Daft Punk Rip off, very funky indeed on Motown, which is suprising for late 70's Motown in the main, just my opinion. :

This guy reckons its the other way around he's convinced and has the evidence: https://trickledown.wordpress.com/20...artist-mandre/

Just spotted his Guitar plugged into the phone, apparently there are 10+ things wrong.

White wine in the bottle, red wine in the glass....and is that an uncocked rifle I see by the door? Tsk, tsk...could be dangerous....
    you can hear colours when they rhyme...

I thought the wine but couldn't work out whether there was any left in the bottle but I think I do spot a 45 on a Reel to Reel!

Quote Originally Posted by giantchicken View Post
    White wine in the bottle, red wine in the glass....and is that an uncocked rifle I see by the door? Tsk, tsk...could be dangerous....

the horizon's different in each window, his chair has a leg missing and the chair by the door is hovering. Is there a tape reel on the record player? and a weird looking candle by the door?

Hard to see much though with the poor image quality - is the sleeve any better in reality? Doesn't look like a great photo to begin with.

A doorbell on the inside?

North of the River Cole

he's ruining his eyes being too close to the telly and there is a blatant plug for his debut LP with it featured on the cover of the mag on the floor
    and also leaning against the other LPs

And he needs to buy a guitar stand before he breaks the neck on that Les Paul

Lol, Biggest I could find at short notice. I'll look on the cover re: chairs but your'e right it does look like its hovering unless it has some kind of rubber covers on the legs. Didn't notice the interior doorbell think we can cross that one off, at least until I cheat as I did come across a blog that lists them all but refused to click the link.

Ooop, no tree in the mirror, in fact there looks to be a sewing machine yarn in it.

The window on the left looks closed but the net curtains are blowing, the window on the right is open but the net curtains are not blowing

The lock on the right window is also upside down. And -something- is up with the bagel on the table, but the resolution isn't really good enough for me to tell what.

difficult to see, bit I can't tell if the door has a handle/knob on it? Even in the reflection.

Quote Originally Posted by spacefin View Post
    The lock on the right window is also upside down. And -something- is up with the bagel on the table, but the resolution isn't really good enough for me to tell what.
    just googled it - it's supposedly a hotdog in a burger bun. Definitely a wrong meal there - wine and hotdog burger.

Quote Originally Posted by spacefin View Post
    the bagel on the table

just noticed another one, the base of the standard lamp is further away than the tv, but the plant is in front of the lamp and tv. In fact it looks like you can see where they blurred out the original base.

anyway, is the record any good? just listened to the Maurice Williams cover on youtube and wasn't very impressed

The guitar is possibly plumbed into the phone.

Edit - Eagle eyes amidar spotted this already

Had that one George and the Windows/Curtains. I'm looking at the sleeve it is a Hot Dog in a Burger Bun and a reel to reel tape on his record platter and the chair by the door is most definitely floating. No reflection of the tree in the mirror and of course different Horizons in the windows. He also has his initials on his coat in the mirror, who does that other than golfers or other such twats?

Edit: The table under the mirror has a candle and a diary with the date 31 Nov. Strike!

Just looked online apparently there are 32! If I can find the site that listed them all I'll post it up as this has now become the Andrew Gold spot the difference thread.

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    The guitar is possibly plumbed into the phone.

Looks like his trainer lace is tied toe end?
    new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

I'll Check it out Col. Here's the rest of my solely Charity shop finds:

An Minty update for 'Three in a Cell' and the 'Video All-Stars'. Hank Jones session recorded in Japan by Toshiba with the local jazz and Cornish folk I mentioned and 'The Tisley Orchestra' do Walt Disney part of my 10p selection.

[IMG][/IMG]

All 10p 'The Creary Sisters' one aint bad, the one with 'Taiwan' etc on it is just horrible piano preaching not listened to the rest yet. Some Disney to sample and a button down brass that I'm sure I've owned and know its bad.

Hodge Podge of Mojo, The Procul 'Home' is the double album with their second on the other side both mint media but some cover damage on the other album from 1973. 'Morris On' is the reissue but rescued for 2.50. Jimmy Castor was cheaper and think seen further up stream, no brainer. The Alan Haven - 'Through til Two' with Tony Crombie on drums is really good up there with the best 10 pence I've ever spent moments, yeah really chuffed with that a good solid listen and the 'Lorenzo' is some house thing I expect, looks unplayed both records.

[IMG][/IMG]

Balls its missed the second pic and wont let me edit so here it is Button Down Xian fans:

[IMG][/IMG]

You sure that chair is floating? Looks like there are round feet.
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Yeah it's defo floating, you could be seeing the fake shadows they've put underneath the legs to add to the effect.

Quote Originally Posted by treeboy View Post
    You sure that chair is floating? Looks like there are round feet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Divine One View Post
    I sort of need that Brothers OST... I'm trying to collect soundtracks with covers designed by Saul Bass (the guy who did the titles for most Hitchcock films) with a view to getting them framed and put up on the wall together. Pretty sure that's a Saul Bass cover, isn't it. Anyway, if you wanna trade... hit me up. Not literally, though.
    Shame A, I got this last year but thought it was rubbish so it went in a box of trade to RPM. The cover is the best thing about it.
    "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

some odds & ends I have picked up at car boots and a record fair

This 7" was right up my street, the B side offers advice on growing veg

It still amazes me that records like this can still turn up in charity shops for 50p,
    this put in the racks of the Red Cross shop last Tuesday whilst you were at work!

I haggled the 5th, 7th and 4th Beatles fan club flexi's down to a fiver for all 3 at a car boot at 7am

I was a 50p sucker for this Videodisc of Neil Young's classic concert film, no I don't need it and no I can't play it, but it looks nice!

This 2 x 12" pack by The Avalanches was one of only 2 records I picked up at the record fair yesterday.

the other 1 was this old Mo Wax 10"

The oddest LP I found over the weekend was this Deutsche Grammophon (promo?) in a record warehouse sleeve,
    it's a kind of Christmas card album featuring The Nutcracker Suite

Quote Originally Posted by Head Gardener View Post
    I haggled the 5th, 7th and 4th Beatles fan club flexi's down to a fiver for all 3 at a car boot at 7am
    You wouldn't really want to be paying any more than a fiver, would you...

That Bo Diddley EP is a corker, love that track Diddling!

only a couple of buys for me this week, both fleabay bids that i did not expect to get

A couple of Curtis Mayfield Upgrades. 2 of my favourites from the master.

Nice drum break on this and story book children, hot damn!

Couldnt pass this up for a tenner in ex condition

Another upgrade, absolute mint copy

Heavy funk number, recommended

Up tempo mod funk stomper

Impulse buy, in the same vein as twine time, heavy.

Also, how do I make my pics smaller on here? or do I need to edit them on my computer first?

Quote Originally Posted by stylesforfree View Post
    Also, how do I make my pics smaller on here? or do I need to edit them on my computer first?
    I believe it's a matter of computer editing yes. For the 45s you could probably put them together and showcase them in one shot at that resolution, though.

I'd pick up every one of those 45s incidentally. Good work on the Winstons.