Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: June Finds 2016

Default June Finds 2016

There was a June Finds however it seems to have disappeared or the user who started has deleted it for whatever reason so I'll start another unless I'm being an idiot but I've searched and searched and even remember who started it but no, gone. So here's some from today:

Baxter Dury - It's a Pleasure

I like old Baxter, he's the same age as me maybe a year younger, I like his sentiments and I like his minimalist music. I also like bands with boys and girls. This is one of his best pieces of work and has a lovely Swan on the cover. Put his Dad out of your mind its a million miles from that in terms of music and enjoy I think he's really found himself on this album:

Laurindo Almeida ‎– Vistas D' Espana

Flamenco music from the virtuoso. Mint record in a tatty sleeve but really enjoyable vibe.

Couple of 12" reissues with remixes made for DJ's no doubt:

The Last Poets - Its a Trip

Azymuth ‎– Biaozinho Carioca

'Right you lot....I won't beat about the bush....some bright spark thought it would be very amusing to steal the June finds thread...and it was someone in this hall!..

Well, I'm not in a hurry....I can wait....but I'll tell you now - no-one is leaving here until the culprit owns up......'

'Ah, Stebson.....well what a surprise - so what have you got to say for yourself, eh, son?.......'

'I'm sorry sir - I thought if I lied about that Brit-Jazz ra-er then it'd make everyone in the school respect me.......'
    you can hear colours when they rhyme...

ha , guilty , trying to edit my flikr page and somehow deleted the original pics so as I was the only finds poster I quickly deleted it
    can I go home now

'Yes, Reza....I think we should all go home now, but rest assured, the school considers this waste of time and resources and your subsequent attempt to bully Stebson into taking the blame a very serious matter. I will expect to see you in my office at 9am sharp tomorrow so we can discuss an appropriate punishment - do I make myself clear? Now get on your way...'
    you can hear colours when they rhyme...

As long I'm not going round the twist dreaming up threads that never existed I'm happy.

Multiple people doing garage sales around the village today. I shifted some piles of ye olde chud, and got to delve around what vinyl the neighbours had stashed. While there was a reasonable amount of records, not much of interest, I did pick up a few.

Big bunch of stuff

Shout out to The Divine One.
    Last edited by stylesforfree; 04-06-2016 at 06:20 PM.

Nice bit of flamenco there Sonovox those Latin records look like they are either going to be great or cheese, whats the 'Charle's Williams' about styles smooth/skronk/modal whats's the story? The others look interesting too LP wise, apart from the Diane Solomon and EW&F know those well enough.

Few bits from today

Quote Originally Posted by stylesforfree View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsnlkpSHA8g

I love "Strip Poker at Caesar's Palace" on this...
    the monkey speaks his mind

I trawled the early morning market, the car boot sale and the nearby neighborhood sale and had a good day, forty cheap 45s came home with me. Mostly commons and gap fillers but I was really really pleased to
    find this:
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

I've been in Barcelona for a long weekend at the Primavera festival. Spent a couple of mornings trawling the shops and returned with a pile of fun 45s - I'll post these when I've caught with my lip a bit. I also bought this fine brace of long players at about 1:30 am this morning at one of the stalls at the festival. Got an OK deal after a bit of haggling - nice and very knowledgeable bloke too.

The Niagara is an upgrade for my ropey copy. The Havelock has been in the wants list for some time. Spaced out, trippy psych jazz rock with drums and fuzz and a bloke muttering about stones. Think Vannier / Serge with a bit more LSD and you're close.

"..hole...road...middle thereof"

Nice find on the 'Niagara' even if it is an upgrade . I had no idea of this series of German rock comps anyone care to fill me in a bit more about their origins?

After being without a proper Internet connection at home for about 2 weeks while we moved, I'm finally back on and am looking forward to posting some pics of my failed attempts to stop buying during the move.
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Slim pickings at the car boot

Quote Originally Posted by amidar View Post
    Nice find on the 'Niagara' even if it is an upgrade . I had no idea of this series of German rock comps anyone care to fill me in a bit more about their origins?
    There is a small series of these. The Niagara one is basically the first two lps but some of the others are comps. It's a cheap(ish) way of getting some rare German stuff

https://www.discogs.com/label/473371...man-Rock-Scene

Cheers LDJB, your'e a gent.

Quote Originally Posted by LDJB View Post
    There is a small series of these. The Niagara one is basically the first two lps but some of the others are comps. It's a cheap(ish) way of getting some rare German stuff

Quote Originally Posted by LDJB View Post

PMG, an Austrian reissue outfit (which on first glance looks legit) just recently reissued the Niagara LP and S.U.B., amongst other goodies all of which came/are coming out this year.

I read somewhere that they were boots?

They're reissuing a whole lot of very rare African albums, which is good

That's good to know Beater, hope they are legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Beater Pan View Post
    PMG, an Austrian reissue outfit (which on first glance looks legit) just recently reissued the Niagara LP and S.U.B., amongst other goodies all of which came/are coming out this year.

'ere we go

Everything's still in boxes but made the journey safely the 10 minutes down the road to the new apartment ...

I like the look of that Chieri Emi one. The 10" of Japanese Folk Tunes she did with the Tokyo Cuban Boys is one of my favourites, and that one's got Nobuo Hara and his Sharps and Flats on it.

Koto in a latin vein tickles my fancy, too.
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

I was in Barcelona last week for the Primavera festival. Yes, very good, thanks for asking...apart from the Radiohead hordes making life difficult and expensive, I avoided them like the plague so I can't let you know if they were any good. Top acts I saw were Beak>>, Cavern of Anti Matter, Suede (the greatest hits set), Selda and Dinosaur Jr.

Anyway - I trawled the shops for 45s as usual and went back to La Bola for a morning. Found a few nice things but I get the feeling Barca is dug to death on a regular basis. I was chatting to the bloke in Daily Records and he said you really have to get out of town to get any results. Everything I picked up was cheap though and I did get lucky wth a couple of punts (and not so lucky with a couple).

here's some for me

and here's some spares:

This isn't actually all of them and I have a few PO finds to post so I'll be back.

What's Andy Williams doing advertising MSG?

Blue Things for Los Salvages Lee?
    What's the Peggy Scott Jo Jo Benson 45 Lee? I really like "I wanna love you baby".
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Quote Originally Posted by amidar View Post
    What's Andy Williams doing advertising MSG?
    Why not? MSG is delicious.
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by treeboy View Post
    Blue Things for Los Salvages Lee?
    What's the Peggy Scott Jo Jo Benson 45 Lee? I really like "I wanna love you baby".
    Done.

It's pretty good mate. Electric sitar soul stomping

Didn't see you had 2 45s on there by Peggy Scott..... I'll check out the other one.
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

A man gotta have pocket money, innit ... I'm not a Williams fan but this little rekkid is great ... he sings in Japanese and he does OK ... one of the tracks is really really good ... Sutekina Sora Wo ... I contributed it to an online project but I can't remember where it is now ... old man