Thread: Phot........o..........buc....ket......

Default Phot........o..........buc....ket......

Dear all,

I'm itching to post some of my wonderful, ra-er, extremely valuable and significant finds* on the said thread, but find I can't even get photobucket to open so I can even see any photos, let alone upload any new ones.....it's woefully slow and all I get to see is any number of variations on what I call 'the blue cheerio of death'. Autotrader is much the same. Anyone else having these issues? Any advice? Something to do with ads I reckon...

I should have listened when the other chickens told me to steer clear of anything called 'bucket"......

*fake news
    you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Photobucket is slow but I still use it. I had to disable my adblock on photobucket to get it to work. Once I did that it was okay- slow, but okay. People say Imagur is good.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Thanks SK. Yes, slow is the default but it does usually work. Just rebooted and got in - but although the folders have (22) or summat to show how many pics they contain entry reveals only 'the folder is empty' or lots of 'removed or deleted' icons. I don't consciously use an adblocker but it's possible some of my security software has made an executive decision on my behalf....or maybe it's Vladimir Putin and his mates again...might give imagur a go, cheers....

Hmmm....I'm taking it that you're recommending imgsafe.org then TE? Thanks for that.

I use imgur - quick and easy, and gives sizes to use.

Thanks again for your advice gents. I took a peek at photobucket via my office pc today and right up to mid-afternoon it was showing my entire photostash as deleted, leaving those unsightly 'cross' in a box symbols all over our splendid domain. Checked in again from home this evening and suddenly they're all back and photobucket is working in it's usual ponderous and treacle-y manner.

Sorry for the fuss, perhaps it's time to make a change anyway....
    Last edited by giantchicken; 18-01-2017 at 10:21 PM. Reason: damning with faint praise

Be aware that imgsafe does not allow you to delete photos.

Recently - a virus on the home PC.

Now fixed, it would seem. The fixing threw up some other things.

Has anyone here had cause to eye Fotobuchet suspiciously?

I should say that the PC guy was vague as to exactly what other things were there. And the only reason I have to think of Fotobuchet is that using it has been one of my few significant breaks from a very limited web-routine.

I followed the advice here and moved to imgur.com - I'm certainly not regretting it...

Quote Originally Posted by giantchicken View Post
    I followed the advice here and moved to imgur.com - I'm certainly not regretting it...
    Me too. Imgur rules! So quick and easy. (Although I guess I should pay more attention to sizing)