• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cratedigger
    Electric Prunes
    • Jul 2014

Speak of the devil...
    Went to the big indoor flea market held in a sport arena today. No Lee H finds, but a nice clean UK Wild Life for 2£. Very enjoyable album.

On the Lee H front I pulled the trigger on a Requiem For An Almost Lady from a Swedish seller with reasonable price. Getting there...
    Next in line is I'll Be Your Baby Tonight which is hard to find. And the LHI singles/oddities comp by Light In The Attic.
    Don't know if I'll bother with the Finnish record he did in the 90s, haven't heard good things about it.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

• jay
      Animated Egg
      • Oct 2013

After a terrible few weeks outside of records i caught a lucky break and had a very fruitful day yesterday.

I've not heard the top two but I know colleseum as I found their first lp a while ago. Hopefully this one has a similar sound. This is the first velvet underground record I've got and haven't heard anything so don't know what to expect. Pretty cool cover.
      Bottom line are doubles. Love the quintessence as I just said in a thread a week ago or so. Was surprised to find both the pink island and the palm tree pressing inside.

Sadly the small faces ogden nut is missing the cover but the mono record will still sound uhm like the mono record.

The other 3 are unknown to me. The beggar's opera cover is great and folds out into a huge postery type thing.

Had a listen on YouTube. Sounds good.
      Here is the title track...

The storyteller ones sound great, again after a quick listen on YouTube. I like a bit of flute sounds...

And there was this. I've already got this but a later press and can't even remember playing it as I like no 4. Record has some marks and is a bit dirty but when I get home I'll clean it up on the machine.

Comment

• Milesago
        Electric Prunes
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by jay View Post
        I've not heard the top two but I know colleseum as I found their first lp a while ago. Hopefully this one has a similar sound.
        Not quite. It's Colosseum plus Chris Farlowe.
        I'm sure some people here love him, but my heart always sinks when I see his name in the credits.
        Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

• jay
          Animated Egg
          • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Milesago View Post
          Not quite. It's Colosseum plus Chris Farlowe.
          I'm sure some people here love him, but my heart always sinks when I see his name in the credits.
          I don't know who he is or at least by name...
          I'll keep an open mind

Comment

• Sie-Fly
            Lauging Gravy
            • Oct 2004

Brit R'n'B / Blues / Soul Shouter .... I'd highly recommend his entire output . Up to a point !!
            Ace finds Jay
            Rockwell
            Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Melter
              Animated Egg
              • Aug 2008

The other 3 are unknown to me. The beggar's opera cover is great and folds out into a huge postery type thing.

Had a listen on YouTube. Sounds good.
              Here is the title track...

The storyteller ones sound great, again after a quick listen on YouTube. I like a bit of flute sounds...

Storyteller features the mighty Terry Durham I believe.

Comment

• Sie-Fly
                Lauging Gravy
                • Oct 2004

Correct yes Terry on vocals
                Rockwell
                Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• dukowski83
                  Animated Egg
                  • Oct 2013

It's taken three months to reach me (via my sister in Phoenix) and about ten years to track down an affordable copy (and as a result I've had to accept a "bit" of ringwear) but finally have this ripper in my hands:

Not maybe the everyday listening of many on here but as close to USHC as any local band to me ever got. Loving it!

Comment

• Slim Jim
                    Electric Banana
                    • Aug 2005

And there was this. I've already got this but a later press and can't even remember playing it as I like no 4. Record has some marks and is a bit dirty but when I get home I'll clean it up on the machine.
                    I take it you realise how much a Turquoise Led Zep goes for!!!??? If not - Google around for a pleasant surprise. Also, if those Storyteller LPs are originals - then you've had a very good weekend indeed!!!
                    "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

• jay
                      Animated Egg
                      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Slim Jim View Post
                      I take it you realise how much a Turquoise Led Zep goes for!!!??? If not - Google around for a pleasant surprise. Also, if those Storyteller LPs are originals - then you've had a very good weekend indeed!!!

Yeah I knew it was worth a fair bit when I snagged it. But was suprised to see how much they were actually selling for. Mad, it's not like it's a different mix or anything right unless I'm missing something it's just just the colour and the listed credits make it desirable to zeppelin fans... is it really that rare though, there's loads of them listed on ebay as we speak.

The storytellers are on transatlantic. I'm looking forward to playing them this afternoon when I get home

Comment

• ROCKPROF
                        Lonely Jelly
                        • May 2006

Well if you paid next to nothing for the zep expect big returns if you sell on. Withdrawn as the band didn't like the colour of the text as you probably know. There were probably tons of them pressed though. I remember being at a record fair when I was in my late teens in the early 90s and asking a dealer how much the turquoise zep was in his racks. He just told me to just put it back
                        http://soundcloud.com/anthroprophh

Comment

• LDJB
                          Chocolate Rain
                          • Dec 2001

Originally posted by ROCKPROF View Post
                          Well if you paid next to nothing for the zep expect big returns if you sell on. Withdrawn as the band didn't like the colour of the text as you probably know. There were probably tons of them pressed though. I remember being at a record fair when I was in my late teens in the early 90s and asking a dealer how much the turquoise zep was in his racks. He just told me to just put it back
                          I've seen copies on the wall at Utrecht with stupid prices even though each and every dealer seems to have one and I saw one stall with three all in a row...but still with insane prices. I don't think it's that raer but it's in demand...hence the prices.
                          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• jay
                            Animated Egg
                            • Oct 2013

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                            I've seen copies on the wall at Utrecht with stupid prices even though each and every dealer seems to have one and I saw one stall with three all in a row...but still with insane prices. I don't think it's that raer but it's in demand...hence the prices.

Must be the demand then as you say. If there's loads of copies floating about then to me it's not rare or erm there wouldn't be loads of copies for sale as for selling it on I'm rubbish at offloading records and regret offloading a bunch in an earlier life...

I played 5 or so of them yesterday. Storyteller was nice

Comment

• Campag Record
                              Lonely Jelly
                              • Jun 2004

I know dealers down the market have sold the Zep for four figure amounts...and not even had to put it online to get that.
                              "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

• richwax
                                Animated Egg
                                • Aug 2009

Ive heard there are fake LZ 1 turquoise covers being made. People matching them with superhype credit vinyl.

Comment

Working...
                                X