Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: February 2017 finds

Default February 2017 finds

Briefly out and about today I found this for $5. Ex+(conservative)/ Vg+ (conservative - ringwear)

[IMG][/IMG]

I sense a profit!

I had this a while back and IIRC it has one solid mid-70's funky-jazz track. And a couple of also-rans. My attempts to sell the last one elicited almost no interest. One of the vendors I tried to sell it to subsequently tried to interest me in a copy, telling me (genuinely, I think) that it had some great moments on it.

PM me if you are interested. There is at least one clip on Youtube.

Edit - on closer examination, the sticker hides the rip from the removal of a previous sticker.
    Last edited by Funktionnaire; 04-02-2017 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Sticker rip

some recent singles finds

This must be the 3rd copy of this I have found in the wild but this one is signed on the back!*

*not really

Sadly not signed but a most curious EP from 1965

Another EP (from the same 49p box) was this instrumental oddity from 1963

I could find only one mention to this 7" released in 1963 the label Advision Ltd which normally released acetates,
    so this is most probably privately pressed.

The A side of this tune was released as a gold flexi (which I already have) but this vinyl copy
    has an exclusive B side - with the sound of a lady saying "DAF Trucks" in a sexy/husky voice over an instrumental backing.
    I read somewhere that this was released for the first UK Motor Show in 1978 - woo!

This is probably the best of the sevens I've picked up cheap in the past few weeks.
    I have plenty of BBC 7"s but this really was the first time I've picked this classic kids TV theme
    up with it's oddly titled instrumental B side and it's an A label promo too.

It was nice to pick up an original mono UK issue, it turns out that with it's 3 pronged centre intact it's a 3 figure rarity.

The crackin' debut release from '73 by Freddie and the lads.

Another addition to my collection of sound effects on vinyl, this one has a great car crash!

Quote Originally Posted by Head Gardener View Post

Sadly not signed but a most curious EP from 1965
    Wow, I don't know if you remember, but I found an acetate by The (Liverpool) Roadrunners a bit over a year ago. I had some mail conversation with group members to verify it was them and delved into their history.
    I think this EP was the only proper release they did despite being also-rans playing at The Cavern, mates with The Beatles. If you can call a panto charity EP a proper release. There are two Star Club LPs but these seem to have been live recordings stuck out without the band's knowledge.
    The acetate I have is from 1965 Fontana sessions in the last phase of the band, after major line-up changes.
    That's a great find!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Top finds as ever Mr. Gardener... I salute you.

But, I don't get it... why are the Roadrunners dressed as monks?
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

I echo Cratedigger's congrats on the Roadrunners find, HG - not reputed to be great, but a real nice find all the same - well bagged sir. And while I'm here, some finds.....

NON-FOOD....

[IMG][/IMG]

Philips 8212 'Spatial Stereo' Radio Cassette - OK, not a find as such, but rescued from post-digital obscurity in my stepmother's home over Xmas. It was bought by my Dad c.1982 and express orders were issued that it was for parental use only...haha, fat chance Dad... I've cleaned it up and it still plays cassettes nicely although that 'Spatial Stereo' doesn't sound quite as magical as back then and it's certainly no ghettoblaster....

Recycled Inner Sleeves - 50p for a bundle of 20 from enterprising local chazza...

Memorex C90s - Five bob apiece from same...

FRESH FOOD...

[IMG][/IMG]

Cavern Of Antimatter - 'Blood Drums' - A timely reissue of the Cavern's 'real' debut set from a few years back, a very limited press which was demanding silly prices on Discogs before I even knew of it's existence. A thrilling full on journey into kraut which I had streamed countless times from the Grautag Records website (still there if you want to check it) and I'm glad to have bagged one, even if I was too late for the super duper limited version with, erm, whatever it was that made it special. This re-ish has taken on the CoAM corporate livery so no stunning b/w photos of sublime industrial architecture this time.

Last find of 2016....

[IMG][/IMG]

Freddie Phillips - 'Camberwick Green' - High drama as pre-apocalyptic societal breakdown grips a small village when the lands of the neighbouring village of Trumpton are inherited by a distant relation of Lord and Lady De Trompe. It all begins with a planning row about a 'big beautiful wall' being built around the golf course but soon escalates when inhabitants of nearby 'terrorist' Chigley are forbidden entry. Freddie 'The Shredder' Phillips soundtracks the action with suitably doomsdayesque metal mayhem.

[IMG][/IMG]

John Betjeman - 'Betjeman's Banana Blush' - Looking forward to reacquainting myself with these works which I remember getting a fair bit of airplay on Radio One's 'Sounds Of The Seventies' thread at the time. This one's a bit tatty and lacks the lyric sheet, but it was cheap enough.

Mari Wilson - 'Ain't That Peculiar' - Late 80's period Mari Wilson twelve which I haven't played yet but it has a nice portrait (not an Ashworth snap, either...)

STORED IN THE LARDER....

[IMG][/IMG]

Jake Thackray - 'Jake's Progress' - Not the best copy of the Maestro's work, but it'll do until a better one turns up...

[IMG][/IMG]

'How To Give Yourself A Stereo Check-Out' - Decca stereo demonstration thingy. At one point, Jack DeManio gets with a 'pretty lady' in the right channel. You all know the form here....

Dylan Thomas - 'A Child's Christmas In Wales' - You know, I meant to play this at a certain time recently and forgot....ah well it can wait....

'Music For Your Movies' - Fine if you're doing a remake of 'Animal Magic' as the theme is on here...

John Barry, Michael Crawford et al...'Billy' - from the stage version of 'Billy Liar', not even Barry's involvement can rescue this for me...

...and the 2 sleeveless wonders...

Dave Brubeck - 'Bossa Nova USA' - warped......

Plastic Bertrand - 'An 1' - the one with 'Ca Plane Pour Moi' and 'Pogo, Pogo' on...

More to come....

'Really, Mrs Honeyman?.....He kidnapped your cat?'
    you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Nice finds GC I own a few of those. I did know about the 'Blood Drums' reissue via BLEEP could have had the limited version but was skint still not bought the black one for my sins. I have a few of those including the CINE one and nice to see JT because everytime I see him I think about playing some.

Edit: I just have bought the black one but it will take a week to reach me all because I'm a penny pincher! Lots of silly money copies of the Limited Edition out there seems the grippers and flippers were out in force for that one.
    Last edited by amidar; 04-02-2017 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
    Top finds as ever Mr. Gardener... I salute you.

But, I don't get it... why are the Roadrunners dressed as monks?
    cheers man, unfortunately I cannot answer the monks conundrum either, no clues on the disc...

Anyone here's some finds whilst I wait for a video to encode which are mostly the result of a 'lucky dip' trade with the gent known as Shere Khan. :

[IMG][/IMG]

First from Mr Khan and the first 'Renaissance' LP pre 'Annie Haslam' which Treeboy posted recently and is rather nice and as a bit of a prog head but someone who does not get on with their later albums I ask is it worth venturing to their second?

Gavin Friday was a surprise (Thanks Shere) as it's not something I'd pick up unless I saw it cheap, really strong album of bittersweet, poignant love, life songs that I've already returned back to. I'd always mentally filed him as 'Rockabilly' in my frazzled head for some reason. On the strength of this as there are only 2 weak songs on it given first impressions I forgive his close relationship with Bono and if you played it to me I'd never guess it was from 1989. Some top session work including 'Bill Frisell' on acoustic guitar.

Glide is 'Will Sergeant' of 'Echo and The Bunnymen' fame with his 90's ambient excursions on this 10" which is like a full album really of trippy guitar led ambient tuneage, right up my street and shall be investigating more as less prized 90's electronica especially ambient is one of my things as it were. It also reminds me I do need a storage solution for 10" records and that 'Ian McCulloch' is a drunken bore.

A one sided test pressing of a Hawkshaw medley affair I never see on my travels. Looks like a DJ has probably used it to set up his anti-skate but it will make good sample fodder and Karma willing I'll find a sleeveless copy but it'll go in my LP frame until then!

I found the ring worn 'Robert Knight' in a chazza the other day. It's a first press on 'Rising Sons' but has a corner cut and a 'monument' sticker on the front so must be an import from back in the day. It's barely played but has an ever such slight warp I'd expect from the cover its been in it's sleeve for a long long time.

[IMG][/IMG]

A Chazza find in 'Chico Lopez' which seemed familiar and of course it's 'South of the Border' repackaged which I also discover was released as 'Dali Caldis plays Latin'.

Totally Mint Equals on MFP comp for 50p which I couldn't leave behind.

From Shere again some 'Lighting Red' Muller action which I already own but not with a laminated cover I don't think. It's so sad to think I am excited by that!

'Sarathy Korwar ‎– Day To Day' think I mentioned this as I bought it last week but it is fabulous if you like Indo-Jazz or jazz in general.

'Albert Ayler - In Greenwich Village' Yep it's one of those magazine jobbies but it's not everyday you can walk out of WHSMITH with an Albert Ayler album albeit for £14.99. I justified it to myself that it was a gatefold replica and comes with a free magazine I will probably never read.

Crikey it's a 45" 'What's Going On as one of my cats namesakes once said in fact if was around now he'd probably add a harmonised expletive in there. It's on BBC records and it's not 'Chi Mai' or indeed 'Every Loser Wins' it's the theme from 'Quiller' which made me feel all funky although I still don't remember the show.

possibly my best ever chazza find , I never have much luck in those places , a spare if anyone's keen

'How To Give Yourself A Stereo Check-Out' - Decca stereo demonstration thingy.
    I have this too, it has a great 'dropping a piano out of a window' FX on one side, I also picked up the exact LP in Dutch whilst digging in Amsterdam

Wow. Nice find Reza. I'll be in touch
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Quote Originally Posted by LDJB View Post
    Wow. Nice find Reza. I'll be in touch
    Literally just this minute gone to another long term vgplusser, sorry Lee

Quote Originally Posted by reza View Post
    possibly my best ever chazza find , I never have much luck in those places , a spare if anyone's keen

NICE.

Quote Originally Posted by reza View Post
    Literally just this minute gone to another long term vgplusser, sorry Lee
    Baws! Och. Never mind

Aside from a load more early Madonna 12"s (I think I should stop now, but those Jellybean mixes are ace), I've picked up a few more bits on my travels and got my Goth-on via eBay. I'm watching (almost finished) American Horror Story: Hotel at the moment and it seems to be soundtracked by virtually everything that I've been picking up, which is no bad thing. I nearly wet myself at the sequence in one episode when 'Spellbound' came on.

So, from Anarchy and Rob's: (I'm sparing you the Madonna haul this time)

Blind Melon is for my mate who loves his grunge stuff. I still get emotional when I hear 'No Rain' though (have a listen to it alongside Stone Roses 'All For One'). RHCP is also destined for my mate's collection as well, although I get the feeling that I might be in the realms of duplication already. I picked the Kossoff up for my cousin as I remember him going on about it in a conversation about 15yrs ago and I've got a right Rain Man memory for random stuff like that. Everything about that The Collectors LP screamed 'buy me' as it totally looks like my kind of thing. It isn't. It's a bit too wigged out for me. Just one of those days where the radar must have been defective. I'll bang it in my trades pile or summat.

Sisters 12"s off eBay - I like the journey from scuzzy almost minimalist stuff to the Jim Steinman, coked up productions. Am enjoying my dalliance with the dark side, I must say.

Out of Darkness came off the market on Saturday. He'd only had it come in on the Friday and started our conversation with "You like some of that proggy Christian stuff don't you? Had one of the rare ones come in. It's on the Key label." Couldn't have been anything else really. Long time want and I was dead chuffed to see one in the field. Half-heartedly and distractedly looked through the rest of the stock, but there was only ever one item going home with me, it was just a question of waiting to be told of the damage. Luckily, I'd taken some trades down, so it softened the financial blow, but I still had to dig relatively deep. Have never seen it before in the wild though and I don't expect to again, so I decided it was worth the splurge. Of course, it will probably turn up at a Church Hall jumble sale next week now. Ho hum. Have actually been too busy to sit down and enjoy it though, so I'll leave it til last, like a blackcurrant Fruit Gum or those Liquorice Allsorts that look like loo rolls. I think the hierarchy of which tuffies to save til last has been the only means of building any willpower in my life.
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

Out of Darkness in the wild = oooooofffffff! I had to resort to the interweb for my copy Ben. I've only ever seen it physically at Utrecht where it resides on the walls of dealers wearing stoopid prices. I really like it as an LP - hangs together very well but I suspect you'll be skipping the cod reggae track Enjoy mate.

Thumbs up

What Lee said...Killer find on the 'Out of the darkness' Ben mate....Only ever encountered it once in the wild up here at the market, got so excited, only to be told by the dealer the record was hammered, gutted!
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Quote Originally Posted by Benicio Del Toffo View Post

Sisters 12"s off eBay - I like the journey from scuzzy almost minimalist stuff to the Jim Steinman, coked up productions. Am enjoying my dalliance with the dark side, I must say.

Out of Darkness came off the market on Saturday. He'd only had it come in on the Friday and started our conversation with "You like some of that proggy Christian stuff don't you? Had one of the rare ones come in. It's on the Key label." Couldn't have been anything else really. Long time want and I was dead chuffed to see one in the field. Half-heartedly and distractedly looked through the rest of the stock, but there was only ever one item going home with me, it was just a question of waiting to be told of the damage. Luckily, I'd taken some trades down, so it softened the financial blow, but I still had to dig relatively deep. Have never seen it before in the wild though and I don't expect to again, so I decided it was worth the splurge. Of course, it will probably turn up at a Church Hall jumble sale next week now. Ho hum. Have actually been too busy to sit down and enjoy it though, so I'll leave it til last, like a blackcurrant Fruit Gum or those Liquorice Allsorts that look like loo rolls. I think the hierarchy of which tuffies to save til last has been the only means of building any willpower in my life.
    The "Alice" and "Temple Of Love" EPs had a seismic effect on the teenage me. Loved the tongue-in-cheek covers of "Gimme Shelter" and "1969". They sounded a bit other-worldly to me. Still think Craig Adam's bass sound was phenomenal. "Body Electric" was the first 45 I spent proper money on too. Slippery slope in retrospect...
    Drastically reduced to 72p

Finally took a trip to Stockport Record Fair on Sunday. Explained to my bro how I'd been promising myself a 'reccy mission' to see if I might use it to shift some of my own excess vinyl for a long time, so we went along, me with a view to finding out how much a pitch was, how big the tables are, layouts, prices, see who was doing business and who wasn't, etc...even took my camera to record a few things. I wasn't really there to buy stuff.

£25 and no photos later...

[IMG][/IMG]

Paul McCartney- 'McCartney' - The charity shop is the natural habitat of the chicken, and I don't think I've visited a Record Fair since the 90s. I soon committed a schoolboy error and spent too much time on the first stall which was really the equivalent of charity shop chud at twice the price. He did however have a copy of Macca's first which I was missing, but it wasn't worth anywhere near the £20 he wanted for it. The second stall looked more promising but as I browsed I started to be overcome by the garlicky fumes of the stallholders lunch which were exceedingly strong indeed. I soldiered on defiantly for a while then his partner arrived, pulled the lid off a Tupperware container and immediately doubled the garlic factor. I was forced to beat a retreat, but not without noting that he too had a Macca the First for which he wanted a tenner, but sadly the record looked beyond hope to me.

I wasn't to get any further than the third stall, which soon showed up a Macca for £6 and inspection revealed it to be in need of nothing more than a good cleaning. Ker-ching. I'd found my stall....went on to find some good cheap 45s too.....

[IMG][/IMG]

Bryn Haworth - 'Grappenhall Rag' & 'Give All You've Got To Give' - My bro bought Mr Haworth's 'Let The Days Go By' when it came out, so I grew up with it and it was good to find the single off it - the flip, 'I Won't Lie (This Time) is a prime example of the soulful Britfunk of the day, Mel Collins and the horn section are ace on it. The second single comes from his (somewhat lesser I feel) second album.

Judee Sill - 'Jesus Was A Crossmaker'/'The Lamb Ran Away With The Crown' - I didn't own any Judee Sill and stone me if I didn't come across this 45 with my two favourites of hers on it - EX and only £1.50 - bargain of the day! Woo!

Susan Cadogan - 'Hurt So Good' - Blimey, how long has this been avoiding me? Great tune, Upsetters version and I can finally get rid of that hideous Pete Waterman produced album...still, seems weird to see The Upsetters on the same label as Guys & Dolls and Alvin Stardust...

Johnny Kidd & The Pirates - 'Shakin' All Over' Nice 70s re-ish by the looks...

Talking Heads - 'Life During Wartime' - spoiled by early fadeout...

Jeremy Taylor - 'The Lift Girl's Lament' - a blind punt which turns out to be mildly amusing ditty by South African folkie.....

The Equals - 'Black Skin Blue Eyed Boys' - the only dud of the day, I've got the MfP album that Amidar found just upstream but it's a poor pressing and sadly this seven is also all snap crackle and pop....

Anyhow, beginning to feel the euphoria of hitting paydirt and chatting with the stallholders, I let my guard down and so probably paid a bit over the odds for this as you can see....bloody record fairs...

Dusty Springfield - 'This Is Dusty Vol 2 - The Magic Garden' - not that I'm complaining too much. It doesn't sound quite as good as it looked for sure, but 'The Magic Garden' and 'Land Of Make-Believe' just had to be had....oh and this...

More soon...

Nice finds GC. Early Macca tend to go quite cheap here, not uncommon to find at boot fairs/charity shops. Agree about the Cadogan, I got a cheap copy on Perries last summer when a reggae DJ had a purge at a yard sale. If I'd known bugger all about reggae I could probably have done well, now I just picked up some stuff I knew and that looked interesting and not too dancehall.
    Record fairs are less and less interesting here. There's a new organizer around and he does a rotating schedule with neighboring towns, so there's virtually one every month. Problem is, they mostly attract the same old sellers with the same old records, mostly overpriced. The two last fairs I've only bought from the same seller, the very nice 45s guy with the stall at the Ystad Wednesday market in the summer, always an amazing poundbox.

With the weather it's mostly doormat finds here. The Hazlewood haul from a few weeks ago inspired me to go completist. A House Safe For Tigers have been on my list for a while, but an OG is quite expensive, and the Light In The Attic reissue only seems to turn up at US sellers with expensive shipping. As luck had it a sealed copy popped up cheap from a French seller on Discogs, and to top it off he offered ridiculously low postage. Seemed too good to be true, and before it arrived I dreaded he had mislisted a CD copy, but it got here, packed safely and all, 13£ including postage. Somehow I believe that buying the reissue will make it more likely that I will find an OG in the wild in the near future. Digger's law, innit? Or maybe that would require shelling out on an expensive US copy with 25£ shipping.

It's a beautiful reissue, and a great record with the amazing Souls Island. I'd like to see the film, but it was only screened in Visby, near the filming location Själsö (Souls Island) at the time, and there's no DVD issue, only a VHS that's also rare.

The director, Torbjörn Axelman, who also made Cowboy in Sweden owned an old B&B/artist home on Själsö. In 2008, he'd had to sell the place and stay on as tenant, and was finally evicted. During the eviction, he shot the landlord in the back, and subsequently came out shooting at the police who shot him down. He was convicted for three murder attempts and sentenced to psychiatric care. Apparently he became a free man in 2012.

"This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Wow! I didn't know about Torbjörn Axelman's imprisonment.

The Light In The Attic Hazlewood project is amazing.

I've bought loads of them even replacing original copies in some cases as the reissues are done so well.

I've never seen a copy of 'Safe For Tigers' for sale in Sweden at any price. Was happy to get 'Stockholm Kid' the last time I was in Stockholm thanks to Jens. Not his best LP by any means but a tricky one to find.

Living in Glasgow in the early 90s there was a serious record collecting cult around Lee Hazlewood but no-one seemed to even know how many records he had released or what they were called, let alone find them.

I sometimes long for the (pre-internet) days when you sometimes found records by artists you loved which you had no idea even existed rather than ticking things off a discography. I guess that still happens for people who collect Non American/European releases mind you....

Found the test press for this rap fovorite. Nobody cares about rap records, but I love having it all to myself. The seller even gave me 20% off of 7 Euros...

Quote Originally Posted by cratedigger View Post
    Nice finds GC. Early Macca tend to go quite cheap here, not uncommon to find at boot fairs/charity shops.
    "MacCartney" is not too hard to find here (think mine was from a charity), but not sure I've ever seen "Wild Life" in the, err, wild, and "Ram" only a few times on dealers' stalls. Then again, I've been very lazy about picking up his stuff over the past 25 years, and I don't often browse the "rock" stuff, so there are probably overpriced unsold copies being taken to fair after fair. There are usually cheapish copies of Ram around online, but is "Wild Life" worth picking up, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by bongolia View Post
    "MacCartney" is not too hard to find here (think mine was from a charity), but not sure I've ever seen "Wild Life" in the, err, wild, and "Ram" only a few times on dealers' stalls. Then again, I've been very lazy about picking up his stuff over the past 25 years, and I don't often browse the "rock" stuff, so there are probably overpriced unsold copies being taken to fair after fair. There are usually cheapish copies of Ram around online, but is "Wild Life" worth picking up, anyone?
    Wild Life has one pretty funky track but I can't remember what it is called. I always pick up McCartney and McCartney II when i see them in charities. Currently have 2 spares of the letter if anyone needs a copy?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Headless mermaid View Post
    Found the test press for this rap fovorite. Nobody cares about rap records, but I love having it all to myself. The seller even gave me 20% off of 7 Euros...

I care, great record, hard filed over here!
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Some 45 finds

Kliche - Aldrig mere / Militskvinder is Danish new wave, very good band that only recorded two albums. Militskvinder is based on a poem by Chairman Mao. Picked up in the 50p surplus box of a Tradera trader.
    Pillow - Choirs is a B-side find. Swedish vocal duo, produced and backed by Göran Lagerberg from Tages/Blond and virtually every existing progg band. Very nice soft psych that was comped on the Fading Yellow series if that's familiar. Unfortunately no YT clip available. 1£ find on Tradera because it was badly listed with a blurry picture.

The Countdown Set - Shaka shaka nana. Nice piece of bubblegum fuzz on the Polar label, most known for ABBA. 10p find on Tradera. Luckily, most sellers can ship cheap 45s for 1£ here.
    Jan Johansson - Jazz på Svenska. The first in the series of 3 EPs that shadow the known album, same tracks. Now I have a full set of all 3 in decent condition. I have a spare set as well now, but it's not in good nick record wise, sleeves are nice though.

Red Squares - Turning around. I guess this is known for the heavy cut of You Can Be My Baby on this Sweden only 45. Been after this for a while. From Tradera, not 1£ but reasonable.
    PP Arnold - got these from the same seller I bought a Kafunta from, rather new seller. Was prepared they'd go for a bit but noone sniped me at the virgin bid of £5 for both.

Quote Originally Posted by mr sayers View Post
    I care, great record, hard filed over here!
    seconded..this is NICE. Is that a Red Fox sample in there?

Good man.

Quote Originally Posted by DRSMITH View Post
    seconded..this is NICE. Is that a Red Fox sample in there?
    Sounds like Dolemite to me.

Always heartwarming to see some Macca love on VG+. I now have a full vinyl run of post Fabs Macca albums up to 'Back To The Egg'. Oh, except 'Wings Over America' - I don't really need that do I? I've managed to accumulate two 'Wild Life's (worth it for 'Bip Bop' which I love) and two 'Band On The Run's. A nice copy of 'McCartney' was what was eluding me, and since I had no clear target, seeing it on the first stall of the record fair reminded me to get one! It did need a good cleaning and is still a bit crackly but will improve I hope so a decent score for my poorly octopus. Forgot to mention Cratedigger, that Hazlewood stash is amazing. Highland Cow's tales of a 'cult' sounded familiar, Hazlewood knowledge was scarce back then. Never managed to bag more than the MfP 'Very Special World' and both Nancy & Lee albums on vinyl myself. I guess I need to invest in some reissues...oh and here's another quickie Macca related recentish find....

[IMG][/IMG]

The Beatles - '67-70' - Obligingly sitting in the front of a box in a charity shop; mint, first pressing (I think); 50p.....and in the unlikely event that there are any younger people reading this post who don't 'get' this Macca thing, check out Ginghamkitchen's fine 'Pukka Macca' mix which resides somewhere in these environs...

...more coming up...