Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: March finds

Sheer Kahn, great description of the George Brigman sound. Almost a definition of garage.
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Nice ez library, birds and bees is the joint on this, sweet smooth instrumental guitar soul jazz at its finest. The whole moto-cross side is spot on.

Weird and wonderful from selected sound, bleep blip bloop. Idk....

I have his other LP with cristo redentor on which I absolutely adore so when I saw this I thought what the hell. Nice bluesy mellow psych with a hint of funk.

Just awesome blues, awesome drummer and in such lovely condition too.

I swore my mate had one of the cosmic echo LPs and when I showed him this I was baffled when I got no response, I asked him "which Lonnie Smith lp do you have?" and he was like "who is lonnie smith?" Maybe I dreamt that he had it....so anyway I gave him this copy and he loves it.

This is really shit but I like it. Cheesey links and stings, I was hoping for cosmic electro and floaty ambience but no, all I got was stinking cheese.

This is the 4th time ive seen this while out in the wild, and each time I see it it's absolutely battered and worn to hell, as was this copy, but it plays pretty well considering and it was only a fiver. Are they still in jail?

Playin' in the yard....BURNER! Not a massive fan of Rollins but this is a nice LP

This has a funky version of something but i forget what otherwise its forgettable.

I wish I was around in the 60's, I would have went to find Lyn and asked her to marry me and have my babies. This LP is nice to lie down to.

Here's a bunch of 45's, proper funky deep groovers and a couple of soulful joints.

And possibly my best find this year so far

A storming psych-blues masterpiece. I fuggen love this track.

Good finds - the flip on that James Brown is great deep soul, on the Dave Godin CDs

Played lucky dip with a box of reggae 12"s and did okay. Acld dub from Birmingham 1980. Some very similar sound effects were used a year later on The Specials 'Ghost Town' John Collins production on both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMxI3usc8BA

record licker

Woah, I just checked this detonators track, killer!

Also can anyone give me some tips on how to resize pics? how do people go about uploading and embedding them on here?

if you use imgur it'll give you various sizes of your uploaded images to use.

Went to Edinburgh for a day with mrs Jay. Lovely place...

Picked this up from a little market. Very enjoyable space themed easy listening larks

Quote Originally Posted by stylesforfree View Post

Nice ez library, birds and bees is the joint on this, sweet smooth instrumental guitar soul jazz at its finest. The whole moto-cross side is spot on.

I have his other LP with cristo redentor on which I absolutely adore so when I saw this I thought what the hell. Nice bluesy mellow psych with a hint of funk.

I swore my mate had one of the cosmic echo LPs and when I showed him this I was baffled when I got no response, I asked him "which Lonnie Smith lp do you have?" and he was like "who is lonnie smith?" Maybe I dreamt that he had it....so anyway I gave him this copy and he loves it.

This is really shit but I like it. Cheesey links and stings, I was hoping for cosmic electro and floaty ambience but no, all I got was stinking cheese.

This is the 4th time ive seen this while out in the wild, and each time I see it it's absolutely battered and worn to hell, as was this copy, but it plays pretty well considering and it was only a fiver. Are they still in jail?

Playin' in the yard....BURNER! Not a massive fan of Rollins but this is a nice LP

This has a funky version of something but i forget what otherwise its forgettable.

I wish I was around in the 60's, I would have went to find Lyn and asked her to marry me and have my babies. This LP is nice to lie down to.

Here's a bunch of 45's, proper funky deep groovers and a couple of soulful joints.

I'll have to look for this Fields 45 the flip side track is a short version compared to the Lp,nice find.

Default March Finds

I'll have to look for this Fields 45 the flip side track is a short version compared to the Lp,nice find.

Quote Originally Posted by jay View Post
    Went to Edinburgh for a day with mrs Jay. Lovely place...

Picked this up from a little market. Very enjoyable space themed easy listening larks

Nice find if an original, been booted a couple of times though. Used to have lots of fans on the Exotica mailing list in the 90s.

Any method of knowing if it's a bootleg mate

don't think the boots even pretended to have the same label. Original Stereo label scan up on Discogs https://www.discogs.com/Frank-Comsto...release/583884

should be easy to tell a 1960 US record from a 90s or later boot though? Card type, paper type, print quality, pasted cover, grooves in label, smell (!)

On a train to London. But that's the label for sure...

Monday basement bargains: Swedish proto electro from 83, moog banger and rare Danish soul jazz folk arranged by Sahib Shihab. Not bad.

Street Life - Act on instinct 12"
    Mark Evans - Rock And Moog party, Welthits
    Nat Russell - that's nat

Sorry no pics or soundclips

Awesome :-)
    Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Quote Originally Posted by vinylarchive View Post
    The day I find the LP is the day I can die happy.

A couple of interesting finds ...

Wanda Jackson - Greatest. Hadn't really heard her but it's certainly rockin'

Burton Greene Ensemble - Aquariana (BYG Records, BYG Records - BYG-8, BY-358-15) LP, Album 1970 ... one listen so far ... not sure if it'll get another

Alan Silva And His Celestrial Communication Orchestra* - Luna Surface (BYG Records - BYG-11) LP, Album 1970 ... this one sounds like a load of people in a room banging away, completely oblivious to the anyone else ...
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Sorry about the sizes!
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Turboellis View Post
    A couple of interesting finds ...

Wanda Jackson - Greatest. Hadn't really heard her but it's certainly rockin'
    Only know this version of "fujiyama mama" which is great, how does Wanda's version stack up?

Seem to be turning up a few Westwood records of late alongside some clubland PP's but they've all been turd as I expect this will be. It was either this or a country comp on 'Emerald Gem' which I maybe should have bought but I've been burnt too many times by EG now, anyway the free signed pic and flyer swung it.

Not listened yet but I have a sneaking suspicion it might be C+W. Ladies and Gentlemen I give you 'Keith Manifold' named after the famous 'Inlet' hailing from Matlock and 'I'm Casting my Lasso' :

[IMG][/IMG]

Still not listened to Mr Manifold but forgot I picked up a really battered copy of 'Steve Miller Band - Sailor' who is one of those people I've written off what with hearing 'Abracadabra', 'The Joker', 'Fly Like an Eagle' etc so I didn't really know he went back to the late 60's just knew him as blues orientated AOR and mentally filed him as avoid. It was a freebie and had a cool cover so thought I'd give it a go. As said it's battered but it cleaned up a bit and I'm quite enjoying it especially this track despite it's long intro. I guess the album and probably it's predecessor are quite well known but not to me. :

Last edited by amidar; 31-03-2017 at 11:42 PM.

Out and about today I had two opportunities to look at vinyl.

With the first I picked up 12 Italian LPs. Mainly Alpine choral stuff. A couple of popish looking things too. $3.50. I may yet post these.

Later I found these, each for $2.

The Johnny Hodges should entertain for a while. I doubt that I will keep it. But who knows?

The other two are local world record club releases. We have, I believe, had a thread on the constraints that led to the use of different sleeve art here.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Funktionnaire; 03-04-2017 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Silly typo

world record club or not great find on the greek variations , if its not a keeper letme know

Sure.

The Italian popish stuff is:

Equipe 84 - "io ho in mente te"

Luigi Tenco - "Se stasera sono qui" (Morriconi + Reverberi input)

Iva Zanicohi - "Iva Zanicohi" and "Fra Noi"

Sleeves all look great. Vinyl is blighted to varying degrees. Will all be a part of a 'store credit' gambit. Holler if you are interested.

Three is a magic number, at the veary least, so far! Got myself a ticket to the underground of delights, which, I suppose, is what a sensation of all-pervading audio euphoria should be. Them thangs:

Mi Generación - Electric And Acoustic Sound, Orlador, the year 1974. Truly, one of the fuzziest psych funk rockers to have ever come out of Spain. ¡Viva la República!

Bokaj Retsiem - Psychedelic Underground, Fass, the year 1969. Many a word has been spread about the Bokaj thing, and the VG+ is not an exception. Was hooked on 'So Bad' in a split second, since it`s been growing bigger and more urgent on me. Killer Kraut!

Ark - Voyages on Fanny Records, the 1994 re. Among so many great US xian psych records I`ve been putting myself on doing some midnight blog surfing, Ark is an outspoken standout to me. To each his own, so if Noah had been supposed to take a record and a record player aboard, this would have been my holy tip, for one.

Highlights

DANCE TO THE RADIO

Stan Freberg ‎– The Best Of The Stan Freberg Shows:

Blame bongolia for this! Recorded in school halls around the country and with scary kangaroo mutants on the cover, the rhetorically titled Rolf Harris ‎– Rolf On Saturday O.K?:

A promo ep from Bear Brand stockings, Various ‎– Popster Pack:

Does your organ sound like a mammoth? Mammoth Sound Of The 97-Key Mortier Organ:

As discussed last month, I have finally got around to buying this early roly poly classic, Mighty Atom & Roy ‎– By Request:

Again, thanks to bongolia Marx Bros ‎– The Original Voice Tracks From Their Greatest Movies:

Some funky classics on here, Chaquito Plays The Themes From TV Thrillers:

Sheffield actor and comedian Bobby Knutt ‎– Hello Fettlers:

Scottish comedy singer songwriter Bill Hill – Bill Hill's Police Record:

Barry Cryer ‎– Angelina:

Alan Randall ‎– Rich Man's Daughter:

A trio from Essex comedian Jimmy Jones – "Would I Lie To You....":

Jimmy Jones – Stranded:

Jimmy Jones – The Nicest Songs......:

And finally some sheet music, just because I think it looks so damn fine. This is definitely going on the wall. The Barron Knights ‎– Here Come The Bees:

Haven't posted finds in a while, so here are the latest. Buys, trades and gifts.
    Sorry, no actual pics, got really tired of Photobucket.

Daimi - Fænomenet - Danish Jazz/Pop Vocal covers of Fever and Moanin'
    Sly Stone - Small talk - Incl. Loose Booty
    Nat Russell - That's Nat - Danish Vocal Jazz/Folk, one good Sahib Shabib arranged track
    Galt MacDermot's First Natural Hair Band - Incl. Ripped Open By Metal Explosions, sampled by Artifacts of course, found sitting quietly and prived fairly in a normal record shop - so strange...
    Al Hirt - Soul In The Horn - W Harlem Hendoo, sampled by De la of course and a great track, birthday present from my brother
    The Heads Of The Family - Play And Sing - On Alshire, Madvillian 'American's Most Blunted' sample and the Beck like track 'Troubled People'
    One Way - Who's Foolin' Who? - Incl. Cutie Pie, I like some Boogie and Modern Soul sometimes
    Positive Force - We Got The Funk 7" - More Boogie, like it cause it's sampled by Alliance on Get on down
    Treacherous Three - Yes We Can Can 12" - Sugarhill classic, vocoder, and Kool Moe Dee should be heralded on the level of Grandmaster Melle Mel
    Pudgee (The Fat Bastard) - Money Don't Make the World Stop 12" - 90's rap, too bad his album incl. Think Big never came out
    Stax - Memphis Gold Vol 2 - Hig-Hug Her, Soul Finger etc, actually enjoy having a bunch of classsics together for doing chores etc.
    The Spotnicks - Back In The Race - Incl. Soulful Strut
    Normann Conners - You Are My Starship - Incl. The Creator Has A Masterplan, sampled for DAS Efx and also a nice slicker version
    Natural Four - S/T - 3 nice tracks
    Kool Moe Dee - Go See The Doctor 12" - classic!
    Shinehead - Unity - US copy
    Mic Geronimo - Unstoppable 12", promo, Pete Rock prod
    The Stylistics - S/T - Incl. People Make The World Go Round
    The World's Famous Supreme Team - Hey D.J. 12"
    Staple Singers - Be What You Are - incl. Come Go With Me
    Xhigge - S/T - 90's rap, I believe promo only album
    Rodney Dangerfield - No Respect
    De små synger - Danish children's record from 1970 incl. the racist 'I niggerland' (!)
    Class Action - Weekend 12"
    The Temptations - All Directions - Incl. Papa Was A Rolling Stone
    Bobby Womack - Home is Where The Heart Is

And some more 7"s:

William DeVaughn - Be thankful for what you got - later uptempo version
    Rhythm heritage - Theme from SWAT - Euro picture sleeve
    Shirley & teh shirelles - Never (gonna) give you up
    Isley bros - It's your thing
    Bemibek - s/t - 4 track EP
    Lulu - Sings To sir with love - 4 track EP incl. Love loves to love, love
    Claudette soares - 4 track EP incl. Shirley sexy
    Cornelis vreeswijk & östen warnerbring - Två käcka gossar - drunken funky folk
    Povl dissing - Der er ikke noget som damer - shouty souly funk
    Chris farlowe - Moanin' - most mindblowing dioscovery lately
    Mænd i blåt - Pigen og cyklen - Danish 80s pop funk
    Freddy King - Funky

Played this out last weekend, always try to let my oddball discoveries live

Played this out too - good lord!
    And this too
    And this