Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: March finds

Sheer Kahn, great description of the George Brigman sound. Almost a definition of garage.
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Nice ez library, birds and bees is the joint on this, sweet smooth instrumental guitar soul jazz at its finest. The whole moto-cross side is spot on.

Weird and wonderful from selected sound, bleep blip bloop. Idk....

I have his other LP with cristo redentor on which I absolutely adore so when I saw this I thought what the hell. Nice bluesy mellow psych with a hint of funk.

Just awesome blues, awesome drummer and in such lovely condition too.

I swore my mate had one of the cosmic echo LPs and when I showed him this I was baffled when I got no response, I asked him "which Lonnie Smith lp do you have?" and he was like "who is lonnie smith?" Maybe I dreamt that he had it....so anyway I gave him this copy and he loves it.

This is really shit but I like it. Cheesey links and stings, I was hoping for cosmic electro and floaty ambience but no, all I got was stinking cheese.

This is the 4th time ive seen this while out in the wild, and each time I see it it's absolutely battered and worn to hell, as was this copy, but it plays pretty well considering and it was only a fiver. Are they still in jail?

Playin' in the yard....BURNER! Not a massive fan of Rollins but this is a nice LP

This has a funky version of something but i forget what otherwise its forgettable.

I wish I was around in the 60's, I would have went to find Lyn and asked her to marry me and have my babies. This LP is nice to lie down to.

Here's a bunch of 45's, proper funky deep groovers and a couple of soulful joints.

And possibly my best find this year so far

A storming psych-blues masterpiece. I fuggen love this track.

Good finds - the flip on that James Brown is great deep soul, on the Dave Godin CDs

Played lucky dip with a box of reggae 12"s and did okay. Acld dub from Birmingham 1980. Some very similar sound effects were used a year later on The Specials 'Ghost Town' John Collins production on both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMxI3usc8BA

record licker

Woah, I just checked this detonators track, killer!

Also can anyone give me some tips on how to resize pics? how do people go about uploading and embedding them on here?

if you use imgur it'll give you various sizes of your uploaded images to use.

Went to Edinburgh for a day with mrs Jay. Lovely place...

Picked this up from a little market. Very enjoyable space themed easy listening larks

Quote Originally Posted by stylesforfree View Post

Nice ez library, birds and bees is the joint on this, sweet smooth instrumental guitar soul jazz at its finest. The whole moto-cross side is spot on.

I have his other LP with cristo redentor on which I absolutely adore so when I saw this I thought what the hell. Nice bluesy mellow psych with a hint of funk.

I swore my mate had one of the cosmic echo LPs and when I showed him this I was baffled when I got no response, I asked him "which Lonnie Smith lp do you have?" and he was like "who is lonnie smith?" Maybe I dreamt that he had it....so anyway I gave him this copy and he loves it.

This is really shit but I like it. Cheesey links and stings, I was hoping for cosmic electro and floaty ambience but no, all I got was stinking cheese.

This is the 4th time ive seen this while out in the wild, and each time I see it it's absolutely battered and worn to hell, as was this copy, but it plays pretty well considering and it was only a fiver. Are they still in jail?

Playin' in the yard....BURNER! Not a massive fan of Rollins but this is a nice LP

This has a funky version of something but i forget what otherwise its forgettable.

I wish I was around in the 60's, I would have went to find Lyn and asked her to marry me and have my babies. This LP is nice to lie down to.

Here's a bunch of 45's, proper funky deep groovers and a couple of soulful joints.

I'll have to look for this Fields 45 the flip side track is a short version compared to the Lp,nice find.

Default March Finds

I'll have to look for this Fields 45 the flip side track is a short version compared to the Lp,nice find.

Quote Originally Posted by jay View Post
    Went to Edinburgh for a day with mrs Jay. Lovely place...

Picked this up from a little market. Very enjoyable space themed easy listening larks

Nice find if an original, been booted a couple of times though. Used to have lots of fans on the Exotica mailing list in the 90s.

Any method of knowing if it's a bootleg mate

don't think the boots even pretended to have the same label. Original Stereo label scan up on Discogs https://www.discogs.com/Frank-Comsto...release/583884

should be easy to tell a 1960 US record from a 90s or later boot though? Card type, paper type, print quality, pasted cover, grooves in label, smell (!)

On a train to London. But that's the label for sure...

Monday basement bargains: Swedish proto electro from 83, moog banger and rare Danish soul jazz folk arranged by Sahib Shihab. Not bad.

Street Life - Act on instinct 12"
    Mark Evans - Rock And Moog party, Welthits
    Nat Russell - that's nat

Sorry no pics or soundclips

Awesome :-)
    Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!