X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • relkeel
    Ugly Custard
    • Jun 2007

I listened to that John Porter Band 'Helicopters' the other night, not a world beater ,but not bad either in a New York Televisiony kinda style.
    record licker

Comment

• reza
      Electric Banana
      • Jan 2010

Seems to have been a lot of s/h arabic records here lately, picked up yet another one yesterday , Oum Kalthoum from '72

Comment

• vinylarchive
        Animated Egg
        • May 2006

Originally posted by gogo View Post
        Last May I was in Paris and after in Serbia:

Nice finds. Morgen lp is really good album,used to own an original copy Granicus lp.

Comment

• vinylarchive
          Animated Egg
          • May 2006

June Finds

Last May I was in Paris and after in Serbia:

Nice finds. Morgen lp is really good album,used to own an original copy Granicus lp.

Comment

• gogo
            Electric Prunes
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
            A happy hot June to you all ...

I'm enjoying this VERY much:

Jazz Q Praha ‎– Pozorovatelna (The Watch-Tower) (1973) Panton ‎11 0285 LP CZ

It was a shot in the dark for me ... is all their stuff this good?
            The 4 records are good!

Comment

• gogo
              Electric Prunes
              • Apr 2007

And some old jazz from ex-CSSR (before Jazz Q:

Comment

• Headless mermaid
                Chocolate Rain
                • Mar 2005

Got:

Marvin Gaye: You're the man 7" - mono on Tamla white label
                Marvin Gaye: What's going on b/w God is love 7" - alternative takes
                Jimmy Spicer: The adventure of Super rhyme 12" - on Dazz records
                Bobbi Humphrey: Satin doll LP - Mizell Bros 70's Blue Note slickness
                Sonny Rollins: 3 giants LP - w Clifford Brown and Max Roach
                Redman: Whut? Thee album - on CD
                LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

Comment

• candiman
                  Electric Prunes
                  • Nov 2012

So the day after the EU Referendum last year I found "Fool Britannia" in a charity shop. In the same charity shop this morning I found this:

Well Hung Parliament - We Can Be

What were the odds?

Also picked up these:

Los Escudos - New Look In Latin. On Deram but nothing of particular note in the grooves so far (side 1). But not awful either.

Super Stereo Sensation. Stan Butcher His Birds & Brass, The Fluegal Knights etc. Usual fodder no doubt but I am going thru a phase of searching for little gems on such albums (I know, 20 years after everybody else was doing the same)

Comment

• Headless mermaid
                    Chocolate Rain
                    • Mar 2005

And some old jazz from ex-CSSR (before Jazz Q:

Look tasty! Didn't see any of those on my Praguen trip in 2012.
                    LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

Comment

• candiman
                      Electric Prunes
                      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by candiman View Post

Also picked up these:

Los Escudos - New Look In Latin. On Deram but nothing of particular note in the grooves so far (side 1). But not awful either.
                      The prizes were on side 2. Especially Green Eyes. Nothing to be found on youtube though.

Comment

• amidar
                        Lonely Jelly
                        • Jun 2014

Love those old Deram covers, never seen that one though. Oh and great haul gogo Vandertastic!
                        Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

• Turboellis
                          Lonely Jelly
                          • Nov 2015

Orquesta Condimento TCK Records Puerto Rico 1982
                          100 yen from Disk Union because it has a scratch all across side 1 BUT ...... IT PLAYS fine!!!!

Also I think my 1st ever from Puerto Rico and apparently a pseudonymous release by Nino Segarra Y Su Orquesta Condimento.

Whatever, I like it. Street party music.

Turb
                          "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

• gogo
                            Electric Prunes
                            • Apr 2007

Last records from Paris:

P.S. Some of the old records from Czechoslovakia are spares for trade.

Comment

• Benicio Del Toffo
                              Ugly Custard
                              • Dec 2002

Bit quiet round here these days eh?

Oh well, I'll try to pad the thread out a bit with some recent acquisitions.

In no particular order:

Top two here came from charity shops in Grantham. Some of your common or garden wonky disco and a PP (Omen) that, in the time-honoured tradition sees Google searches bring you back here, inevitably to Fuz. ‘Getting Desperate’ is a tune though. Bottom two were from Rob’s, nice easy/bossa stuff from Mr Hatch and what I reckon is T.Rex’s last consistent LP, but even then, the formula was starting to flag a bit.

Had some trades credit to use up down the market, so filled a few gaps in my ‘Mojo’ collection by hitting the cheap boxes. Spare of Asahi if anyone needs it. The Knack was to replace a copy I gave away some months back, Scritti are so underrated it’s silly and I continue my quest to tick off the Joni LPs for as little expenditure as possible.

Continuing the using up of trades credit, I’m also picking off the Smiths 12”s with a pleasing regularity at the moment. Nice to get the slightly scarcer sleeves too. Where is that new album by The Roses? Unacceptable. FNM is actually some kind of random bootleg (my guess is East European), but sound reproduction was fine – it was only ever intended to wend its way to my mate’s collection anyway, so no harm done. Love Affair is a new one to me, surprisingly tough pysch / prog moves. Definitely a keeper.

Some charity shop chuff – 20p each for Bobbie, minty Mac and Ultravox, a more exorbitant 50p each for Scott Walker and an 80s Trojan comp that will of course feature in my next round of freebies!!

More chazza stuff, again, 50p each, from lovely Mansfield Woodhouse. Wishbone Ash, Bowie and Neil Young all came from the same box, in a shop that almost never has vinyl. This time, there was a small selection of 70s stuff, all with tatty sleeves. However, the vinyl on all of these is in great condition, so I’ve rehomed Wishbone Ash with a work colleague who’s a fan of theirs (likes to lecture me on ‘Argus’), Bowie will head down to my mate’s and I’m hanging on to Neil Young for some loud ‘Hey Hey, My My’ singalongs. Then the Dukeries School LP came from another chazza up the road. Apparently only 50 of these made, for friends and family. I’ve now had two of them, which seems a bit odd. Couple of tracks on here that just about pass the Acid Folk / Hauntology test, but it’s not one that I’d hang on to as I’d never play it myself. Nice curio though.

Dragged myself to a record fair, didn’t really find much. I mean, plenty of nice items on display, just at silly prices. So I thought it was best to stick to the bargain bins and live to fight another day. Hitting the cheapo bins got me these lovely ladies. Anita Harris is a spare (‘The Clapping Song’ is a fizzer, think it’s a KPM / Mohawks session, no?). This is a US Bobbie and is a spare, but now I’m undecided as to whether to keep this one as it’s more minty than mine, or whether it would bother my OCD as all my other Bobbie’s are UK?!! More Joni and a Catherine Howe that I don’t see around much. It’s not bad, but nowt amazing. I’ll give it another try.

A few more from the fair. £2 for a lovely condition Gene Clark you say? Sold. Crazy. ‘Loot’ is a spare, very reasonably priced though, so I thought it was worth picking up in case someone round these parts needs it and would like to do a trade (you know me, nothing spectacular required in exchange). I got the Lesley Duncan LP from Rob’s. Much the same as the Catherine Howe LP, pleasant enough, but not really grabbing me. The K.I.D. was picked up cheap from a shop near where I work. It’s a Geoff Bastow production in the style of Giorgio Moroder, some nifty disco / boogie moves.

And finally. Couple more Smiths 12”s, having done a deal on Discogs. Only just got round to reading Morrissey’s ‘Autobiography’ and it’s got me on a real Smiths tip. Yep, I completely caved in and bought ‘Cracked Actor’ (another Discogs ‘Make Offer’ situation). My willpower is arse. When I pulled the trigger on this one, I envisioned myself as Harvey Keitel in ‘Bad Lieutenant’, when he meets Jesus and is wailing away “I try to do good things, but I’m too fucking weak!”. Haven’t broken the seal on this yet, I’m saving that treat for the weekend. And a great bit of trading with StylesForFree netted me a long-time want. Much obliged mate. Far more of a consistent listen than some folk would have you believe and it’s just very much where I’m at at the moment.
                              Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

• Davedave
                                Animated Egg
                                • Jan 2017

That Music of The Dukeries School looks pretty interesting, nice find!
                                'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

Comment

Working...
                                X