Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2017 June Finds

Forgot Feliciano's version which is ok , its just me and that track methinks

Today's find, xian femme vox w/some laid back fuzz guitar

A brief round up of the last week's finds. I haven't had a chance to listen to any of these yet as I only got home this afternoon after spending most of the last two weeks in France, the West Country and Wales.

These were from Deptford market last Friday which was my one day home in London. I've got/had Sholay before with a different cover. Decent LP. I don't know the other three but I've seen the xtian one mentioned here and the other two just looked interesting.

I was in Wells on Saturday and the Graham Bond has slipped through the pricing net at the Oxfam Books and Music store. Needs a clean but I'm chuffed with that for little more than the price of a pint. Can CD from another chazza in town and the Byrd and Kenny were from a seller in the vintage market that was on that day. Not pictured - hundreds of children morris dancing in the sun in front of the cathedral. For hours.

We were staying in a gorgeous treehouse near Wrington and on the Saturday night a guy in the local pub told me that there was a big car boot sale near Cheddar on the Sunday morning. I got down there at 6am and snaffled these for a pound a pop. Rufus has bad water damage to cover. Pictured on the deck of the treehouse.

A few more from the Cheddar boot fair. I've had the Can before and it didn't do much for me.

The last two from the boot sale were these nice swirly numbers. No poster with the MOR (ha! anything but) but I'm happy to have picked these up after a 'dealer' had gone through the seller's stock and put aside all the Queen and Fleetwood Mac.

WF

Quote Originally Posted by Willy-Fogg View Post

The last two from the boot sale were these nice swirly numbers. No poster with the MOR (ha! anything but) but I'm happy to have picked these up after a 'dealer' had gone through the seller's stock and put aside all the Queen and Fleetwood Mac.
    Makes you wonder doesn't it , how could a dealer leave them, still your gain well done

I usually pick up interesting stuff in the wake of 'dealers' but these two were a bit obvious. Unless condition was abit questionable. I've noticed 'dealers' are more condition critical than before.

A few weeks ago at the car booter there was a commotion as a group of 'dealers' at anewly arrived car were going through a small pile of albums, some of which seemed to be dealer material (Led Zeppelin). I moved on, figuring while they were jostling I could possibly get lucky somewhere else. When I returned 10 minutes later, the remaining pile stood leaned against the car wheel. I browsed through and found that LZ 3, Physical Graffiti and JA - Surrealistic Pillow were still left. I figured that they were either totally wrecked, or the seller seeing the commotion had pulled a ridiculous price out of the hat. To my surprise they were not bad, not VG+ mind you, but potentially VG-looking/VG+playing. So I asked about price, and got them for £4 the lot.
    Later I met one of the 'dealers' and he asked me if I got something. Told him I got their rejects, and he said "but they were terrible, surely unplayable".
    Got home and they play just fine, sure a few clicks on one of them, but not bad. I've bought worse as VG+++ online.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Yes I had a similar experience a few weeks ago. Records are 3€ each and among the rejects was a dusty OG Tons Of Sobs that cleaned up just fine.

I was in Wells on Saturday and the Graham Bond has slipped through the pricing net at the Oxfam Books and Music store. Needs a clean but I'm chuffed with that for little more than the price of a pint. Can CD from another chazza in town and the Byrd and Kenny were from a seller in the vintage market that was on that day. Not pictured - hundreds of children morris dancing in the sun in front of the cathedral. For hours.

Graham Bond deserves an Ooooofff! Nice work.

"Places and Spaces" seems to be going for a lot now, wish I'd picked one up years ago.

Is that First Edition any good? think I passed one up recently. Only know the one with "Just Dropped In" on

We were staying in a gorgeous treehouse near Wrington and on the Saturday night a guy in the local pub told me that there was a big car boot sale near Cheddar on the Sunday morning. I got down there at 6am and snaffled these for a pound a pop. Rufus has bad water damage to cover. Pictured on the deck of the treehouse.
    You had better luck than me on my first visit to Cheddar a few eeeks ago. Lots of sellers but hardly anyone selling records. Although I didn't arrive until 6.15 so maybe that 15 minutes makes all the difference.

Nice one on the Byrd in Wells too.

Nice find on the Mr Bond. I went down to Wells the weekend before so I was so close but I got there before the 11am opening.

You got lucky with Cheddar too. I know a few people who got there and would have snatched the Sabbs quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by bongolia View Post
    Is that First Edition any good? think I passed one up recently. Only know the one with "Just Dropped In" on
    The First Edition's not essential. Fairly forgettable over all with this one being the best track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qUwpGDVhZU

WF

Thanks all for your comments. I definitely got lucky on the Sabbaths but they are VG so maybe the dealers passed on them at a tenner each.

Unforgivably, the Graham Bond is still in the 'to play' pile. But I have played the Can. What was I thinking when I got rid of my previous copy?!?!

WF

I went to 3 boots and a record fair over the weekend with mixed results. I did clear out a lot of stuff
    including a lot of stuff that has been cluttering up my cellar, old cassettes, Shadows EP's, Beatles CD's, etc

a nice pair at the same fair, one was £5 the other £3 which tells me some dealers don't have a clue about some things

This lovely LP at a boot by this bounder (A cad - bounder, geddit?) I remember having it on CD somewhere
    but hadn't heard it for ages, it's stood the test of time and really does sound better on vinyl (in my head)

A mostly musical selection of WC tunes, but a nice companion to the Sounds Like.. records released on Sentinel in the early 70's

Another new canal album to add to my collection of ooh five, I think

This was my favourite find of the weekend, a compilation of late 70's / early 80's themes and incidental music

Nice copies of this rarely turn up at boots anymore but this was an even nicer Parlophone rather than Apple pressing

Incidentally, at the record fair in Leamington Spa on Saturday there was some guy offering 3 x 7" Bowie "white label test pressings"
    up on the wall behind his stall. I wasn't convinced by them to be honest and there seemed to be some tell-tale signs of tampering.
    The labels were rough and poorly stuck on, one was a solid centre which didn't seem right and the other just looked wrong!
    I guess there are always going to be bootlegs of these things going around but in the computer age I'd have thought it would have
    been too hard to pass these sort of records off as legit, especially at £300 a pop - but no takers.

Quote Originally Posted by Head Gardener View Post

This lovely LP at a boot by this bounder (A cad - bounder, geddit?) I remember having it on CD somewhere
    but hadn't heard it for ages, it's stood the test of time and really does sound better on vinyl (in my head)

[IMG]

Another new canal album to add to my collection of ooh five, I think

Love that Daniel Lanois LP. Not seen that canals LP before, if I saw one I'd certainly add it to my collection of, erm, three canal themed albums.

Nice find on the Let It Be, then. Ooof.