Thread: Recommendations on USB podcast-mics

Default Recommendations on USB podcast-mics

So Im planning on revamping a little radioshow I did for an indie radio station, but since I moved away Ill be home recording the show. Setup would be a simple two turntable/Native Instruments mixer with the occasional mic-break/voice over and perhaps some Skype interviews or guest interviews from my flat which would most likely be cut in after the recording. Recommendations or own experiences with anything in the range up to 150/200 would be welcome and appreciated.

The Rode Podcaster usually does well in the reviews and is in the right price bracket for you:

Quote Originally Posted by Beater Pan View Post
    So Im planning on revamping a little radioshow I did for an indie radio station, but since I moved away Ill be home recording the show. Setup would be a simple two turntable/Native Instruments mixer with the occasional mic-break/voice over and perhaps some Skype interviews or guest interviews from my flat which would most likely be cut in after the recording. Recommendations or own experiences with anything in the range up to € 150/200 would be welcome and appreciated.
    If you don't mind me asking, what's your full setup like?

I did a couple of these myself a couple of years back but only used mp3's & it was all a bit of a ball-ache in truth.

What program do you use to record/edit?
    Ear Honey - Tastes Lovely

Thanks for the feedback so far. As already mentionned, as of now its merely 2 1210s, a NI Z2 mixer and the laptop for recording vinyl/digital. I use either Audacity or the Traktor program to record. I might look into an audio interface for incorporating the mic, but it should connect to the mixer as its got a soundcard in it already. Id either do voice overs (think thats also possible with the mixer) or record mic breaks straight to audacity. Thats at least the theory..