Results 1 to 30 of 75

Thread: ebay sellers, what do you think??

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    210

    Default ebay sellers, what do you think??

    I sold a rare $200 pokora album. I've just received a message from the buyer saying the record has a skip on one track, he tells how he has played it on two different turntables, changed the weight, etc but it still skips and he wants to send back the record to check out and a refund. I'm 100% sure it doesn't skip, I've played it many times without any problem. I've already left positive feedback for him, same day I received the payment.

    So, what would you do?? If I don't take back the record and don't make a refund, he could left me a negative. In the end , I've told him to send back the record and I'll make a refund minus postage.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    With the oversuspiciousness here lately... what if - he already had a skipping copy, bought yours and refunds his old one??

    Maybe I shouldn't feed the eBay/Paypal frenzy going on here lately...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brainbomb
    With the oversuspiciousness here lately... what if - he already had a skipping copy, bought yours and refunds his old one??

    Maybe I shouldn't feed the eBay/Paypal frenzy going on here lately...
    that's one of the things that came to my mind at first. Or maybe he doesn't like the record after hearing it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    West Riding
    Posts
    5,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brainbomb
    With the oversuspiciousness here lately... what if - he already had a skipping copy, bought yours and refunds his old one??
    ...or scratched the one you sent?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    West Riding
    Posts
    5,057

    Default

    As for feedback, it's true that the buyers have completed the contract when they've paid (which is when I leave feedback as well, for ease more than anything) but that's not all your leaving feedback on. It's on the whole process - if a buyer does something genuinely fraudulent after they've paid, surely the feedback should reflect this?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Jimmy Oddman
    As for feedback, it's true that the buyers have completed the contract when they've paid (which is when I leave feedback as well, for ease more than anything) but that's not all your leaving feedback on. It's on the whole process - if a buyer does something genuinely fraudulent after they've paid, surely the feedback should reflect this?
    Agreed, but this should be an option to apply for only after feedback has been left and should only be avaiable with proof of wrong doing. I think a lot of sellers hold off on leaving feedback as weapon to use against unhappy buyers, which is not what is was designed for.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The past!
    Posts
    15,221

    Default

    word...can't front on that either
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial_Mao
    Agreed, but this should be an option to apply for only after feedback has been left and should only be avaiable with proof of wrong doing. I think a lot of sellers hold off on leaving feedback as weapon to use against unhappy buyers, which is not what is was designed for.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taiconderoga
    In the end , I've told him to send back the record and I'll make a refund minus postage.
    yeah, i'd go for this, presumably it's an lp you would have no problem selling again?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    623

    Default

    just dont refund him until you have the LP & are satisfied its the one you sent him.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjamin hatton
    yeah, i'd go for this, presumably it's an lp you would have no problem selling again?
    yeah, sure, it's one of the currently sought after pokoras. anyway I'm very pissed off, it's the first time a thing like this happens to me. I've should not leave feedback so quick.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    down south where they use the slide machine...
    Posts
    9,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taiconderoga
    yeah, sure, it's one of the currently sought after pokoras. anyway I'm very pissed off, it's the first time a thing like this happens to me. I've should not leave feedback so quick.
    If I've sold an item, I always wait to receive feedback from the buyer before leaving mine...
    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john stapleton
    If I've sold an item, I always wait to receive feedback from the buyer before leaving mine...
    yeah, me too, best to make sure they're happy with the item first....

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john stapleton
    If I've sold an item, I always wait to receive feedback from the buyer before leaving mine...
    I'm of the opinion that sellers should leave feedback as soon as they recieve payment as the buyer has completed his end of the deal at this point.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    House Of Wrong
    Posts
    11,248

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by john stapleton
    If I've sold an item, I always wait to receive feedback from the buyer before leaving mine...
    That's actually a real pet hate of mine on eBay. As a buyer, my part of the contract is completed once I've paid. Therefore the seller can leave and should leave feedback once they've received their money. Whereas what I'm paying for - the seller's side of the contract - isn't completed until I receive the goods, as described. So sellers don't need to receive feedback before posting their own for the buyer, and those who say they'll leave feedback once I've left them positive feedback really get my goat. Interesting to see the two sides - the feedback system as a way of accurately assessing an eBayer's trustworthiness is obviously flawed (not that that's news to anyone).
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Hero
    That's actually a real pet hate of mine on eBay. As a buyer, my part of the contract is completed once I've paid. Therefore the seller can leave and should leave feedback once they've received their money. Whereas what I'm paying for - the seller's side of the contract - isn't completed until I receive the goods, as described. So sellers don't need to receive feedback before posting their own for the buyer, and those who say they'll leave feedback once I've left them positive feedback really get my goat. Interesting to see the two sides - the feedback system as a way of accurately assessing an eBayer's trustworthiness is obviously flawed (not that that's news to anyone).
    Yes I agree, Ebay should implement a system where the seller has to leave feedback within 48 hours of recieving payment or they lose the option too.
    Especially as seeing that many sellers insist on payment within a certain time period and then sometimes wait up to a week or more before posting items...

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    6,081

    Default

    what if the buyer after completing payment then turns into an ass and demands refunds or sends records back for no reason or claims not to have recieved it. i dont leve feedback until i know they have the record and are pleased with it. if they are not pleased with it i refund.
    you are leaving feedback for the buyer for the whole deal not just the payment.
    ive left feedback for a bloke who bought 7 record i left excellent feedback after he payed, i posted them out. he got them and claimed one was broke, then the most expensive one was broke, wouldnt post them back, wouldnt take a photo of the damage, claimed they were all packaged wrong and i got 7 bad feedbacks for one broken record.
    now i left him excellent feedback as he payed quickly but over the whole thing the guy was an asshole and should have recieved feedback warning others about the same.
    his feedback was 100% but what he had left me and loads of other record dealers was awfull. so he must do the same to a lot of people
    Last edited by Paul-K; 09-05-2006 at 11:31 AM.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The past!
    Posts
    15,221

    Default

    word. agree 100%. with you on this one i hate it too

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Hero
    That's actually a real pet hate of mine on eBay. As a buyer, my part of the contract is completed once I've paid. Therefore the seller can leave and should leave feedback once they've received their money. Whereas what I'm paying for - the seller's side of the contract - isn't completed until I receive the goods, as described. So sellers don't need to receive feedback before posting their own for the buyer, and those who say they'll leave feedback once I've left them positive feedback really get my goat. Interesting to see the two sides - the feedback system as a way of accurately assessing an eBayer's trustworthiness is obviously flawed (not that that's news to anyone).

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    down south where they use the slide machine...
    Posts
    9,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Hero
    That's actually a real pet hate of mine on eBay. As a buyer, my part of the contract is completed once I've paid. Therefore the seller can leave and should leave feedback once they've received their money. Whereas what I'm paying for - the seller's side of the contract - isn't completed until I receive the goods, as described. So sellers don't need to receive feedback before posting their own for the buyer, and those who say they'll leave feedback once I've left them positive feedback really get my goat.
    we'll have to agree to disagree on this one then!
    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taiconderoga
    I sold a rare $200 pokora album. I've just received a message from the buyer saying the record has a skip on one track, he tells how he has played it on two different turntables, changed the weight, etc but it still skips and he wants to send back the record to check out and a refund. I'm 100% sure it doesn't skip, I've played it many times without any problem. I've already left positive feedback for him, same day I received the payment.

    So, what would you do?? If I don't take back the record and don't make a refund, he could left me a negative. In the end , I've told him to send back the record and I'll make a refund minus postage.

    this has been happening more and more to me, so iv'e decided to somehow 'mark' the vinyls before sending - i was thinking one of those pens that can only be seen with ultraviolet light. I have a feeling some buyers are using ebay to upgrade copies of lps they already have.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    little rooms
    Posts
    4,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iueke
    this has been happening more and more to me, so iv'e decided to somehow 'mark' the vinyls before sending - i was thinking one of those pens that can only be seen with ultraviolet light. I have a feeling some buyers are using ebay to upgrade copies of lps they already have.
    I heard somebody at the Lancaster Catholic record fair brag about doing just this. And the dealer he was talking to gave him a high-five!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    FREE BELFAST BUT CITIZEN OF THE WORLD DADDIO........................................................
    Posts
    4,812

    Default

    ebay aint so bad ya?.............ahem.
    http://cgi.ebay.nl/PCP-Longsleeve-sh...ayphotohosting
    Last edited by SARGE; 09-05-2006 at 04:26 PM.
    MODZ
    Hero No.9
    Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    little rooms
    Posts
    4,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SARGE
    ebay aint so bad ya?.............ahem.
    http://cgi.ebay.nl/PCP-Longsleeve-sh...ayphotohosting
    Sarge, how the hell did you find this? You weren't looking for a long-sleeve shirt were you?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    FREE BELFAST BUT CITIZEN OF THE WORLD DADDIO........................................................
    Posts
    4,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beddoes
    Sarge, how the hell did you find this? You weren't looking for a long-sleeve shirt were you?
    yes, yes i was looking for a long-sleeve t-shirt, that is quite correct in every way.
    MODZ
    Hero No.9
    Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Similar Threads

  1. Boring thread about PayPal ignoring sellers
    By kikat in forum Let's Get Stuck Into The Music
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 17-08-2005, 03:36 PM
  2. Sellers on CD & LP?
    By Palma Rubia in forum Let's Get Stuck Into The Music
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-07-2005, 04:54 PM
  3. Ebay
    By theeman in forum Let's Get Stuck Into The Music
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-10-2004, 11:25 AM
  4. Ebay sellers: weird messages from ebay users
    By taiconderoga in forum Let's Get Stuck Into The Music
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 07:57 PM
  5. Ebay help...
    By Rich Hero in forum Let's Get Stuck Into The Music
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 18-03-2004, 05:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •