• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LDJB
    Chocolate Rain
    • Dec 2001

Some Spring finds

Yvon Deschamps - Les Monde Sont Maladies

Found this at a carboot - 2xlp thing with next to no info on the cover - turns out Mr Deschamps is a French Canadian comedian - the question remains though who's is the music he has as an intro - the cannuck Axelrod? Hope this isn't offensive by the way - my french is nowhere near up to understanding this.

The Bag - Red, Purple and Blue

I already had the 45 version of this but I picked up LP recently which has the full length wig out section!

Tony Mottolla - Tequila

Them Studio 2 Stereo LPs keep popping up eh? Just when you think you've seen 'em all there's a another new one! Weird. Anyway I picked this LP up because of the label (and the 50p price tag) and to be honest it isn't all that until you get to the last track - proper VV classic methinks.

Thunder Company - Ridin the Gravy Train

This is tucked away on an EMI instrumentals comp which I got from a quid box at a record fair - presumably there's a 45 of this kicking about? Nick Ingman and Brian Bennett are behind this funky, drum heavy library-esque thumper.

Tommy James & the Shondells - Hank Panky

You cannae beat a bit of basic dancefloor orientated R'n'R every now and then. This 45 is dirt cheap and delivers - enough said.

Georges Jouvin - Pop Music for Trumpet

I have to say I know nothing about this - it was a cheap punt. There's 3 or 4 good tracks on this LP in pretty much the same style and there's a rubbish cover of 'Venus' too. Are there any bad records that start with a siren?

Super-Tubes - Monia

Found this mysterious LP in the cheap box of LPs you find outside the big book shops in Paris - cost me 20 cents and is largely useless covers but tucked away on it is this orig from the frustrated sessioners - a bit rough and ready but in a good way.

Herbert Leonard - Cher Monsieur Fantasie

I love a bit of Traffic me, so how can I resist a cheapy euro b side cover of 'Dear Mr Fantasy'? That's right - I can't. Bigger drums than Traffic too.

Peridur og Palmi - Eg Vil Ad Pukumir

As mentioned on Jens chart thread - I believe this is an earlier verion of the Trubrot tune he posted up. Apparantly an Icelandic friend of one of the Oxfam volunteers donated this - I scanned the in box for any Trubrot but nah... oh well - well happy with this LP for a couple of quid - there's another hammond banger on the other side.

Ossie Layne Show - Midnight Hour

A bit of funky Hammond noodling to end on I think. Big thanks to the mighty Sarge for not only pointing this out to me but also turning up a copy for me - top mod banana!

Hope you all find summat you like - nothing overly rare or unkown here just some nice tunage (I think)
    Last edited by LDJB; 29-04-2007, 02:01 PM.
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"
  • Joe M'geek
    Lonely Jelly
    • Jul 2005

Nice sounds- thanks man

Like the 'super tubes' track...no time to tune lads, just bang it out! Hehehe ace
    "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

• Sie-Fly
      Lauging Gravy
      • Oct 2004

Looking forward to this lot Lee,I would have a go myself if i wasn't such a computer dunce..just about to decommsion this P.C and get me brand new one fired up and then maybe i'll be better at using a computer

Thanks again mate

nearly bought that herbert leonard last week..i may be tempted now !
      Rockwell
      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• ModGod1
        Hot Butter
        • Jul 2007

Hello
        I just joined this forum, and was wondering if you could post Ossie Layne Show - Midnight Hour

again? I'd also love to hear the Maddox LP!?

Thanks,
        Sean owner of Mod And Freakbeat http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group...yguid=49736399

Comment

• SARGE
          Lonely Jelly
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
          Yvon Deschamps - Les Monde Sont Maladies

Found this at a carboot - 2xlp thing with next to no info on the cover - turns out Mr Deschamps is a French Canadian comedian - the question remains though who's is the music he has as an intro - the cannuck Axelrod? Hope this isn't offensive by the way - my french is nowhere near up to understanding this.

The Bag - Red, Purple and Blue

I already had the 45 version of this but I picked up LP recently which has the full length wig out section!

Tony Mottolla - Tequila

Them Studio 2 Stereo LPs keep popping up eh? Just when you think you've seen 'em all there's a another new one! Weird. Anyway I picked this LP up because of the label (and the 50p price tag) and to be honest it isn't all that until you get to the last track - proper VV classic methinks.

Thunder Company - Ridin the Gravy Train

This is tucked away on an EMI instrumentals comp which I got from a quid box at a record fair - presumably there's a 45 of this kicking about? Nick Ingman and Brian Bennett are behind this funky, drum heavy library-esque thumper.

Tommy James & the Shondells - Hank Panky

You cannae beat a bit of basic dancefloor orientated R'n'R every now and then. This 45 is dirt cheap and delivers - enough said.

Georges Jouvin - Pop Music for Trumpet

I have to say I know nothing about this - it was a cheap punt. There's 3 or 4 good tracks on this LP in pretty much the same style and there's a rubbish cover of 'Venus' too. Are there any bad records that start with a siren?

Super-Tubes - Monia

Found this mysterious LP in the cheap box of LPs you find outside the big book shops in Paris - cost me 20 cents and is largely useless covers but tucked away on it is this orig from the frustrated sessioners - a bit rough and ready but in a good way.

Herbert Leonard - Cher Monsieur Fantasie

I love a bit of Traffic me, so how can I resist a cheapy euro b side cover of 'Dear Mr Fantasy'? That's right - I can't. Bigger drums than Traffic too.

Peridur og Palmi - Eg Vil Ad Pukumir

As mentioned on Jens chart thread - I believe this is an earlier verion of the Trubrot tune he posted up. Apparantly an Icelandic friend of one of the Oxfam volunteers donated this - I scanned the in box for any Trubrot but nah... oh well - well happy with this LP for a couple of quid - there's another hammond banger on the other side.

Ossie Layne Show - Midnight Hour

A bit of funky Hammond noodling to end on I think. Big thanks to the mighty Sarge for not only pointing this out to me but also turning up a copy for me - top mod banana!

Hope you all find summat you like - nothing overly rare or unkown here just some nice tunage (I think)
          us mods don't half dig them organs wot
          up the organs!
          chocolate rain

and post up that icelandic one again please
          chocolate rain
          Last edited by SARGE; 22-07-2007, 02:00 AM.
          MODZ
          Hero No.9
          Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
          THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

• LDJB
            Chocolate Rain
            • Dec 2001

Originally posted by SARGE View Post
            us mods don't half dig them organs wot
            up the organs!
            chocolate rain

and post up that icelandic one again please
            chocolate rain
            Okey Dokey Weird Blokey -

Here's Ossie Layne:

mod organs

Icelandic Mods:

Brrrrrr

and here's a Brucie Bonus - Pumpkin Lantern Acetate by the Pathfinders:

pumpkin

Comment

• Col Wolfe
              Billy Ocean
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
              and here's a Brucie Bonus - Pumpkin Lantern Acetate by the Pathfinders
              wow - I presume it's the Poets Pathfinders? Sounds like their Byrdsian pop vein - thanks for sharing such a rarity Lee - shame about the condition but that's expected on an acetate - may be worth getting someone with the relevent computer software to polish it up a bit?
              new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

• LDJB
                Chocolate Rain
                • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
                wow - I presume it's the Poets Pathfinders? Sounds like their Byrdsian pop vein - thanks for sharing such a rarity Lee - shame about the condition but that's expected on an acetate - may be worth getting someone with the relevent computer software to polish it up a bit?
                Yes indeed it is the 'poets' Pathfinders lot - you wanna hear the A too? Not as good mind - Well here it is:

to love somebody

I have to say that this is on it's way to being Divine's rarity but nice things will change hands - he is bonkers about the Poets and it will be a good home - I think he has plans to tyr and clean it up.

Comment

• Little Jimmy Oddman
                  Plastic Waffle
                  • Jan 2005

Cheers for putting those up Lee - I really, really like that Pathfinders. I've only got one Poets 45 that I found for a quid and have never got round to chasing up any others for some daft reason or other...
                  Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

• SARGE
                    Lonely Jelly
                    • Dec 2004

The File Associated With This Link Has Expired..
                    MODZ
                    Hero No.9
                    Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
                    THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

Working...
                    X