Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planning my visit to London in October: anyone interested to meet, host etc.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning my visit to London in October: anyone interested to meet, host etc.?

Hello friends,

In a couple of weeks I'm planning on coming over to London from Germany for 10-14 days. Would anyone be interested in one or several of the following things: meeting in a public place to just talk about music and other things, meeting in a public place to visit some record stores, meeting at home to show off their vinyl collection which will very likely be much larger than mine, and lastly to host me for one or two nights. Feel free to PM me should you be interested. Some folks have met me once in Copenhagen in 2012 at a jazz festival, but they are based there as well.

My own musical interests are mostly easy sounds from the 1960s and 1970s, library music, but also jazz-funk, fusion and disco up to 1979 (before everything went synth). I've been a member of this forum for several years, although I only occasionally drop by to check on topics, post a question etc. The hobby of researching great vintage music is a big hobby of mine though, and although I haven't amassed huge quantities of vinyl records so far, I know a lot more music. This has also lead me to introduce others to a lot of hitherto unavailable stuff on my YouTube channel, Easy Sounds.

Just for the curious of you, and in case there is even more overlap: other things I'd like to do in London are visiting places of Medieval architecture, studying London's medieval history, and do some guided tours through Westminster etc. (I've heard it's currently less crowded than usual).

Excited to get to know some of you! Until then.
    Easy Sounds channel
    Easy Sounds blog

Hello

Sadly I'm not around then, or I would have loved to meet up to demonstrate my very limited knowledge of London record shops and architecture.

I hope you get some more responses to this.

Are you a member of Rotaty Diskers? If so, it would be worthwhile posting about this there too.
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Rotaty (Rotary?) Diskers? Haven't heard of it yet.

I haven't set the dates yet, so I could tweak the the dates a litte bit if it helps.
      Easy Sounds channel
      Easy Sounds blog

Comment

Rotaty Diskers is a facebook group with a membership that includes lot of old and current VG+ posters
        it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
        take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
          Rotaty Diskers is a facebook group with a membership that includes lot of old and current VG+ posters
          That group must be hidden as I can't find it through the search function.
          Easy Sounds channel
          Easy Sounds blog

Comment

You'll find it here https://www.facebook.com/groups/1604535989800581/
            "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Hi there, what dates are you in London?

I am based in Manchester but often in London; will potentially be spending a day having a bit of a dig in October and aiming to go to some digging spots (I usually prefer to go digging on week days if in London) more than welcome to join me if you wanna hit a few 2nd hand spots for a day... - share some knowledge, tips etc.... ....and I usually fit in a few beers between shops if your that way inclined.

Regards,
              Dan

p.s. to any other board members. visiting UK ......in the same spirit of this thread... I am Manchester based and always happy to host visitors to Manchester who fancy digging tours. just PM me...sometimes can offer a bed/air bnb in my flat, also ... always interested in meeting diggers from other places/ making connections

Comment

Working...
              X