Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boogaloo Baby @ The Vincent Southport

All,

Having a bit of a do to raise money for Liverpool's Alder Hey hospital.

Here's the bit where Nick Knowles comes on screen to make you weep.
    My four year old son suffers from arthritis, it's not common in children. Over the course of his short life so far he has been poked and prodded and put under general anasthetic more times than is fair for a chap his age. Throughout, Alder Hey have been nothing short of brilliant, mrs monkey and I thought it was time to give something back.

I have persuaded some members of this parish to play records for the evening with a heavy emphasis on making a lot of pissed up people dance. Without giving too much away, they are travelling large distances to be here and we are very, very grateful.

PM me or join us on FB here Boogaloo Baby if you want tickets or more info.

Here's the flyer.

Hopefully see some of you there.

Rich
    I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Lovely idea. Cannae make it but hope it's the success it deserves to be. How widely did you cast the net for DJs of quality tunes?

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
      Lovely idea. Cannae make it but hope it's the success it deserves to be. How widely did you cast the net for DJs of quality tunes?
      err, Norfolk!

Comment

Originally posted by Brass Monkey View Post
        err, Norfolk!
        Not Sussex, then.

Missed a trick/ dodged a bullet...

Comment

Can't make it unfortunately
          But can we make a donation to a good cause?
          "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

err, Norfolk!
            Suffolk, Cambs & Essex actually!
            new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
              Suffolk, Cambs & Essex actually!
              well that's that cleared up then. all good. Bernard Matthews, Jeremy Paxman and Linda Lussardi will be djing.

Comment

did some time at alder hay myself when i was a kid, lost my tonsils there, remember being on a milk float converted into an ambulance for a 10 minute journey to the theater. That organ scandal was so blown outta proportion, flippin ridiculous, considerin its such A truly great institution and so worthy of everyones support.
                'Swear I am evil when Ive had a few'

Comment

Originally posted by nosoul View Post
                  remember being on a milk float converted into an ambulance for a 10 minute journey to the theater.
                  this thread is now eating the Norman Wisdom RIP one.

Comment

Will do my best to get down to this
                    Rockwell
                    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Hey BM - will pop along, can I divy up on the night or will I need an advanced ticket?
                      You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

Originally posted by BoneyVotel View Post
                        Hey BM - will pop along, can I divy up on the night or will I need an advanced ticket?
                        Hey Boney. I've paid 2 fit birds to take your cash on the door. Would be great to see you.

'Top UK DJs' description. The wolfe, the saint, his hero and a monkey. It's a stretch but it fits.

All welcome, please come along and support this great cause.

Comment

I must have missed this thread when it was first posted!

it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                          take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Hey Boney. I've paid 2 fit birds to take your cash on the door. Would be great to see you.
                            Cool. As it stands it's me, the wife and stan (soul music aficionado) but that depends on how fit the door staff are!

Just jokes baby! Just jokes
                            You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

What an absolutely FANTASTIC Evening!

Mr & Mrs Brass Monkey were fabulous hosts, the venue and accommodation were first class and the icing on the cake was Boney and his wife attending

The crowd were up for a party and even my selections (in the main!) didn't put them off.

The best reaction of the night was to Brass Monkey's set. He had the floor rammed throughout!

Lots of money was raised for a very worthy cause too. Hats off to Mr & Mrs Brass Monkey for their incredible hospitality and organising the Evening in conjunction with Marco, who was a lovely bloke.
                              it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                              take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Working...
                              X