Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eclectic Mud - Edinburgh Saturday 9th April @ Nobles bar in Leith

Eclectic Mud - Edinburgh Saturday 9th April @ Nobles bar in Leith

April’s arrived and I ain’t fooling when I say there’s good news and bad news for you disciples of Eclectic Mud.

On the downside regular purveyor of tunes to fiend over – Lee, won’t be with us this month…

I know, I know, I know… but before you get too downhearted here’s the good news!

Lee’s very large boots will be filled by none other than Mr. Sie ‘Flytipper’ Norfolk.

Sie’s a Mud veteran after wowing us all back at the beginning of the year with his astounding sets, and even though it’s only three months ago he makes an overdue return!

Now that he’s experienced the good vibes of a Mud in full flow, I can’t wait to hear what he’ll unleash on us this time round.

Rumour has it Lee’s even considering returning early from his snowboarding trip so he doesn’t miss the fun

As usual I’ll be trying to keep up with Fly Sie’s standards, thanks mainly to some surprising charity shop finds and a transatlantic vinyl trade which has been nearly four years in the making…

Eclectic Mud – This Saturday (9th April) in the very accommodating and plush surroundings of Nobles bar, 44a Constitution Street, Leith, EH6 6RS http://www.noblesbarleith.co.uk/

The musical formula remains as always unchanged – top music from any and every genre - as the mood takes us. The only unbroken rule… It must be played from vinyl.

Eclectic Mud is FREE, tunes from 9pm until 1am… spread the word.

See you there

Fuz ‘n’ Sie
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Looking good, I'm sure it will be another good one. I look forward to seeing your set lists.
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Gutted I'm missing it - it will be ace - I'd advise all the EH plussers to get down there on the night.
      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

I too am gutted i'll miss it. I've become addicted to the Mud!
        Hopefully I can catch up with you guys soon. I hope Lee finds more than a puddle on his snowboarding trip, but i'm damn glad the sun has started to warm things up around these parts!
        "What's my stance? You know, I like to dance. And smash things up when I get a chance." - Chain and The Gang

Comment

Because there is a bus replacement service [engineering works on the tracks again] between Lancaster and Edinburgh i have had to dip out - 14 hours there and back on a sweaty coach...no thanks and i needed to back for sunday early afternoon - no chance now...sorry Fuz / i'll make up for it on my return visit - glad i never booked in advance - thanks to Virgin Trains - be warned this is going on for the next month i am told.
          Rockwell
          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Understood Sie - I wouldn't want anyone to go through that ! I look forward to your next trip north .

But the Mud must go on... so Chris Miller is going to jump into the breach.

This should go along way to overcoming the disappointment of not hearing Sie this month, especially if I get Chris to do most of the DJ'ing and I do the drinking!

Regulars will remember Chris' excellent debut at the Mud earlier this year... the man behind both the 'Ride this train' and 'Fast' clubs in Edinburgh. I need say no more...

It's been quite a week so I'll be looking to 'let off some steam' on Saturday night... both my kids birthdays, heavy workload, multiple evenings 'out' but not in a fun way and the trauma of my almost six year old son being (falsely as it turns out) accused of cutting the eyelashes off a wee girl in his class...

Fill my glass up and bring on the Mud...
            In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Sounds mad mate - i think the eyelash story should be related in person...good luck fellas / it is basically all trains north of Manchester - crazy shit - have a top evening and do drink too much.

Sie
              Rockwell
              Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Shame. Why are the trains in the UK such a joke? Have a good one Fuz and Chris!!!
                "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Shame you can't make it Sie mate, I was looking forward to seeing your play list. Can you not just make one up please?!

I'm sure it will be a great night anyway, have a good one guys....
                  "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                    Shame. Why are the trains in the UK such a joke? Have a good one Fuz and Chris!!!
                    More than a shame but i can't risk getting back late tomorrow and all that time on a bus would do the crust in - see you fellas soon anyway
                    Rockwell
                    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Working...
                    X