CRILLO at COPENHAGEN JAZZ FESTIVAL 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
    Gonna go a bit earlier and take the chance to pop by one or two or three shops before. Will meet up at the place.
    Find some amazing jazz to play!
    Serioulsy, check Second Beat. he might still have good bits from the recent big jazz collections.

Comment

Pics:

Of course it rained so only vey few people showed up. But about 15 diggers showed up and played amazing selections, incl. 3 newbies, one of them super laid-back dealer Second Beat-Nils. Oh, we actually made a couple of girls with dreads and some older hippie types dance for a bit. They wanted us to come back to play their Sunday brunch and maybe a couple of times in August as well. In the meantime we look forward to next Friday and meeting Diskos there. Oh and big up Brainbomb for playin that excellent panpipe jazz record!

JAZZ!!

Comment

Funky panflutes:

"Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
        and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

A messy Summertime.

Spaced out stares from a stage full of obsessives.

Beards.

Mad jazz

It appears Crillo has more in common with this than I first thought:

Last edited by left hand corner; 07-07-2012, 01:55 PM.
          records - one a week mixcloud
          records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

This all happens again, but hopefully with more sun, on Friday 13th.

Comment

Originally posted by left hand corner View Post

Beards.
              Post up those pics please.

Comment

great to see, and hope the weather improves for Friday the 13th Pt II.

i just cannot get with that Tavernier record though, and god knows I've tried.

Comment

A messy Summertime.

Beards.

Mad jazz

It appears Crillo has more in common with this than I first thought:

LOL at that. Bloody weather eh? Just like being back in Blighty. What a shame, looked like a really good event.
                  If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Yours truly promoting Jazz Crillo and playing some tunes on Danish national radio last week (sorry, Danish language)

http://www.divshare.com/download/18734115-544

Comment

Great success!! Probably one of the best Crillos ever. Sunny and warm almost all afternoon/nite and about 10 people spinning great and mixed jazz sets, from Azer Lawrence's advanced spiritual jazz to Mahalia Jackson singing When the saints, before a appreciative crowd. Nice meeting Diskos - hope you found that exotica club and enjoy the rest of your stay. One guy showed up but but left without playing bc of some misunderstanding. One guy danced to Jimmy Smith Chain of fools for everybody's enjoyment. Big ups Brainbomb, Left hand, Kasper from Good Life, Janus, Jonathan, Flemming Fanø, my friend Morten and his children and Tue and everybody at Røde Roses Kaffebar for making this the most entertaining (and only) event I saw at this year's CPH Jazz Festival!

Dean, put up your pics and videos when you get a chance please.

Comment

Now that was good fun.

Janus has plenty of photos uploaded to the Crillo Facebook page.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post

JAZZ!!
                          Walt Dickerson

Comment

Well done lads. Always great to hear about successful events like these..!
                            If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

A few photos from 2nd Jazz Crillo - taken by Janus

Last edited by left hand corner; 23-07-2012, 09:53 AM.

Comment

A few photos from 2nd Jazz Crillo - taken by Janus

Top photos - especially this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X