Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Brillo II - Saturday 22nd March 2014

Hi Folks

Well, it's been a while since the last one so myself and Shiftless When Idle have arranged a date at a groovy hipster hangout in downtown Leeds. It's only on till midnight but if we get loads of people wanting a turn on the decks, we'll turn this into an all-dayer. Plus - for anyone who wants to carry on the merriment, Matt (Shiftless When Idle) is a resident at top night Bugalu at the HiFi Club and can wangle guest list status.

Also, Johnny Casual is looking into the prospect of a record fair the following day but even if that doesn't happen, trade boxes will be welcome on the Saturday.

When: Saturday 22nd March 2014

Where: Outlaws Yacht Club, 38 New York St, Leeds

Cheers

Jim
    "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

In, love
    OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

I'm gonna move mountains to make sure I'm in, hopefully with lots of records to move on...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Potential weekender away destination for all board members means it's bound to be legendary. The last one was truly a great night, and well, it's just been too long... In.
      In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

If the fair is a goer, I'm sure me and Nige will be popping down.
        "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Yes, I could do that.
          SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

I couldn't tell you what I am doing for Christmas yet, let alone next March.
            If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Yes, in, definitely, of course.

Fuz, hope you can make it mate.
              Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

in - what the hell
                Rockwell
                Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
                  I couldn't tell you what I am doing for Christmas yet, let alone next March.
                  But this way, you won't have booked up the date yet... so you should be clear!
                  In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

I am now officially in, the family have been consulted and are of the opinion that I should get away for the weekend!

Hopefully many will have records to sell / trade, and we'll make it a biggie like last time... and hopefully we'll be able to entice some people from "down south" or even "that London", a true meeting of like minds.

Some top people in already... Paul make sure you don't have to catch the early train home this time, Craig (and Nige) stay a while longer and spin this time round... Sie give Boney a nudge... man, this has real potential.

Calling Mr. Muench, Eine and all other Northern Brilloists...
                    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Eine is coming. He may not realise that yet, but he's coming.
                      SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                        Eine is coming. He may not realise that yet, but he's coming.
                        There's much to talk about ... just the news I wanted to hear!
                        In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Be good to see you all again....Especially after the last un-official one. It's a great venue http://outlawsyachtclub.com/ and very much geared towards interesting and open minded music heads and we'll get the whole place to let loose. I can vouch that it has a great soundsystem and a rather interesting mixer too

Opening times on Sat are actually Mon-Sat 10am > 11pm so an early-ish finish so I'll see if we can extend it a bit but like Jim say's, you're all very welcome to come to the HIFI CLUB to Bugalu which I reckon you'll love (ask Fuz and Jim) http://www.thehificlub.co.uk/clubnights/bugalu and there's plenty of other places to have fun in Leeds too...Be great to do a record fair on Sunday too!
                          Country be dyin like poor people do
                          Hospitals be closing...doors to me and you (Lopazz - Blood)

And here's some other stuff that i get up to...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Serio...796469?fref=ts

Comment

Evening chaps.

Firstly, thanks to fuzz for making me aware of this thread (not been round these parts for a while).

I would be up for the meet and ill do everything I can to be there but cant make any promises at the moment as the long awaited Mr Muench Jr is expected to make an appearance in mid Feb. Also my Bro who I would usually stay with became a dad 3 weeks ago (its all happening in munch family at the moment) so ill have to see if he can put me up. Im sure I can sort something out, would be good to catch up with everyone again... been a long time since the last one..
                            Now celebrating over 1000 posts of nonsense.....
                            www.facebook.com/mindtrekers
                            www.soundcloud.com/mr-munch

Comment

Congratulations to both you and your brother, Muench! We have another Baby Oddman due in the summer too.

Unfortunately, I've realised I'm not going to be able to make the meet as I'm going to be away on a stag do. I was really looking forward to it but I'll be drinking in a cottage in North Yorkshire instead.
                              Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Working...
                              X