Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chinwag hosts Films with Friends... "Wedding Belles" with Dean Cavanagh, Thursday, 12th Feb 2014 (Outlaws Yacht Club, Leeds)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinwag hosts Films with Friends... "Wedding Belles" with Dean Cavanagh, Thursday, 12th Feb 2014 (Outlaws Yacht Club, Leeds)

Once again nothing to do with me but well worth highlighting for the conversation and the free film screening, all wrapped in the visual surrounds of Grant Fleming “┬íHasta La Victoria!” photography exhibition… Chinwag: Never mind the multiplex, here’s where it’s at…

In Conversation with: Dean Cavanagh

The Film: Wedding Belles (2007)

When: Wednesday, 12th February 2014

Where: Outlaws Yacht Club, 38 New York St, Leeds

How much: Free

The big-up: A free screening of the highly acclaimed Dean Cavanagh/Irvine Welsh film Wedding Belles. Starring Micheal Fassbender and Shirley Henderson. Presented by Dean Cavanagh.

"A high octane modern day romp revolving around the planning of a wedding. It's dark, deliciously funny, violent, irreverent and ultimately full of heart. Kathryn Flett writing in The Observer said it was "Funny and filthy and darker than a total eclipse of the heart, I enjoyed almost every minute of Wedding Belles. And when it was done I ran myself a very hot, deep bath."

Further words from the wise over here at Louder than War

Last edited by MPFlapp; 12-02-2014, 11:06 AM.
    "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Quick bump - this is tonight - school boy cut and paste error in the title says tomorrow.

Comment

Follow-up... the Chinwags chaps have put the Dean Cavanagh night on-line... well worth investigating for the honesty and integrity with respect to creative endeavours... a flavor of what to expect from the (now well sold out) Anton Newcombe evening... ;-)

part one

part two

part three

part four

Comment

Working...
      X