No announcement yet.

Brillo, Strongrooms - Friday 28th February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd hoped to make it along to this for a bit but in the end wasn't possible - hope you got an appreciative Friday night crowd- was it packed out?
    Boy George knew my father

Comment

Originally posted by ninja simone View Post
      I'd hoped to make it along to this for a bit but in the end wasn't possible - hope you got an appreciative Friday night crowd- was it packed out?
      Same here, but I've had this annoying chesty cough all week so decided against going along.

Hope it went well!
      some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Packed out yes. Good vibe yes. Good punter feedback yes. Dancing yes - lots...... Great night - got back at 3 and nice fuzzy feeling this morning!
        "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by pitch View Post
          Packed out yes. Good vibe yes. Good punter feedback yes. Dancing yes - lots...... Great night - got back at 3 and nice fuzzy feeling this morning!
          ok, that sounds good - but did you get the hen parties?
          Boy George knew my father

Comment

Sounds great. Nice one chaps.

Comment

ok, that sounds good - but did you get the hen parties?
              Birthday rather than hen parties..... Rich's pics will be better than mine - comming soon I hope!

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Packed out yes. Good vibe yes. Good punter feedback yes. Dancing yes - lots......
                Excellent news.

Comment

Glad it went well. chaps...

How long have you guys been doing this night? As long as the Vinyl vulture site has been going?
                  Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by pencilface View Post
                    Glad it went well. chaps...

How long have you guys been doing this night? As long as the Vinyl vulture site has been going?
                    It came out of a Si Cheeba instigated gathering before moving to the Glasshouse Stores bar - unnamed at that stage, and looking at and trading rather than playing records - that was 2002 ....... at some point in Spring 2003 it got a name and records started getting played - not sure if there was a pre-Salmon & Compass venue that involved playing, but that was where I first went in 2005.

Comment

Actually it was instigated by me via Soulstrut initially.

Myself, Sie, Belson and Rob Life (I believe) met in China Town in O'Neills.

The following month we arranged to meet again but unfortunately that slovenly fellow Belson turned up in jogging bottoms and wasn't allowed in. We then relocated to the Glasshouse when things started to grow.

It came out of a Si Cheeba instigated gathering before moving to the Glasshouse Stores bar - unnamed at that stage, and looking at and trading rather than playing records - that was 2002 ....... at some point in Spring 2003 it got a name and records started getting played - not sure if there was a pre-Salmon & Compass venue that involved playing, but that was where I first went in 2005.

Comment

Sounds like a really receptive crowd! Were there any other plussers in attendance?
                        some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1 View Post
                          Actually it was instigated by me via Soulstrut initially.

Myself, Sie, Belson and Rob Life (I believe) met in China Town in O'Neills.

The following month we arranged to meet again but unfortunately that slovenly fellow Belson turned up in jogging bottoms and wasn't allowed in. We then relocated to the Glasshouse when things started to grow.
                          Well - nearly right! So you really are the Brillo Buddah! Where was the first place tunes were played?

Comment

Well - nearly right! So you really are the Brillo Buddah! Where was the first place tunes were played?
                            I think that the first tunes were played at Smersh which later went onto become Three Blind Mice.

I'll see if I can remember and piece together the chronological venues later.

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1 View Post
                              I think that the first tunes were played at Smersh which later went onto become Three Blind Mice.

I'll see if I can remember and piece together the chronological venues later.
                              enough of this history rubbish, whats all this I hear about pics. Did I miss them on another thread? Sounds like fun. Will make the March one.
                              Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Working...
                              X