Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fri 30th May (Bristol): HFVC HITS THE ROAD! (feat "Vanishing Point" + 1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fri 30th May (Bristol): HFVC HITS THE ROAD! (feat "Vanishing Point" + 1)

Fri 30th/ 8pm/ £5/4
    Richard C. Sarafian/ USA/ 1971/ 99 mins/ Cert: 18

This month HFVC is hitting the open road - so eat our dust, suckers! In celebration of 70's muscle cars and wayward filmmaking we are excited to be screening a duo of left-of-centre road trip/car chase flicks.

Lead film is Richard C. Sarafian's brilliant "VANISHING POINT" (1971), which follows enigmatic stranger 'Kowalski' as he attempts to traverse the United States in a powerful Dodge Challenger to deliver ‘goods’. All the while imbibing fistfuls of drugs, rubbing shoulders with fellow oddball itinerants, and trying to outwit the ever-present fuzz hot on his tail! Cue some impressive scenery, and even more impressive stunt driving. But this is no generic petrol-head film - a dreamy European aesthetic and some heavy ‘end of the hippie era’ vibes make this a must-see, whether you give a shit about cars or not…

Be sure to stick around for the second feature: A lesser-spotted New Hollywood gem that is one-part character study to one-part bleak car chase movie, with an amazing cast.

As always HFVC DJs will be in the bar playing counter-culture grooves and scuzzy fuzz.

https://www.facebook.com/hellfirevideoclub
    Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Originally posted by pencilface View Post

Be sure to stick around for the second feature: A lesser-spotted New Hollywood gem that is one-part character study to one-part bleak car chase movie, with an amazing cast.

https://www.facebook.com/hellfirevideoclub
    T** L*** B*******?
    SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

and it's got a naked chick on a motorbike.

and Supersoul and his mighty theme.

love this film. the second one's not "T** L*** B*******" is it?

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
        T** L*** B*******?
        Ha! A few people suggested that… nope, too slow and pondering, though we do want to do a Warren Oates double at some point so maybe?

Second film is "D**** M***, C**** L****"
        Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by pencilface View Post
          Ha! A few people suggested that… nope, too slow and pondering, though we do want to do a Warren Oates double at some point so maybe?

Second film is "D**** M***, C**** L****"
          WTF???? that's not even an anagram of "Dude, Where's My Car".

Pathetic.

Comment

For a second I thought you were touring the HFVClub... shame you're not.

On the other hand one of my favourite films - with a great soundtrack too... What's the second feature?

This continues to be one of 2 nights in the south of England I really really want to attend, but am foxed by the distance... have a blast and make sure you play some scuzzed out and funked up country rock... infact make sure you post a tracklist afterwards Joe!
            In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
              For a second I thought you were touring the HFVClub... shame you're not.

On the other hand one of my favourite films - with a great soundtrack too... What's the second feature?

This continues to be one of 2 nights in the south of England I really really want to attend, but am foxed by the distance... have a blast and make sure you play some scuzzed out and funked up country rock... infact make sure you post a tracklist afterwards Joe!
              Cheers Fuz, i should get back into posting up playlists - we def cover a lot of ground on these nights as the music is for keeping the film atmospherics going pre/post-showing, rather than having to play to the dancefloor!
              Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Working...
              X