DJ Greg Belson European Tour 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ Greg Belson European Tour 2014

Just had two more dates to add to my schedule heading into October....additions are the Best of Brillo @ the Strongroom and DigDeep @ Juno, both in Shoreditch on Friday 17th October. I'll be kicking off the Brillo night with the first set of the night, so it's early doors @ 8pm, finishing 8.45pm....then it's a dash around the corner to unleash the gospel disco gear @ Juno....11pm set time.
    Last edited by Belson; 29-09-2014, 08:43 PM.

heavy schedule sir !! have a blast !!
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Looks good Greg!

I'll try and make it along to9 one of the London shows. Any other Plussers going?
      it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
      take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Thanks so much for the comments so far!

What a smashin' way to start off this tour!! The NYC Downlow and the whole of the Block 9 field at Glastonbury Festival was nothing short of insane. Saturday night's programming for the Downlow was simply perfect, and by the end of the whole night, many of us were left a little emotionally compromised. One of those experiences I'll treasure for a long, long time....much love and hugs to Gideon, Paula and the entire production crew for making us feel like Kings in the middle of a big ol' field in Pilton, and to the Horse Meat Disco Crew, James and Luke for their banter, dress-ups and dance moves. To Nacho and Ben, thanks so much for making a DJ's work just that little bit easier....you guys rock hard! Here's the tune that I started my set with....the place was jumpin' from the get go. Til next year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMl8kpITSfo

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
          I'll try and make it along to one of the London shows. Any other Plussers going?
          H - looks like I'll try to make the Sunday session on 20th July.

Sorry Greg, I'm travelling more than ever with work and - believe it or not - that's the only one of your London dates I can make..!

Be good to catch up...
          If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
            H - looks like I'll try to make the Sunday session on 20th July.

Sorry Greg, I'm travelling more than ever with work and - believe it or not - that's the only one of your London dates I can make..!

Be good to catch up...
            That Sunday session should be a lotta fun, mate! Hopefully get to see you there......nice on the work front buddy, so hope we can catch up, f'sure!

Comment

This Thursday, I'll be heading to London EC2 for a primetime earlybird session at Majestic Soul!.....the soulful OG platters will be packed for a night that's an essential cog of the Big Smoke's soul scene. Doors open 6.30pm and close at midnight, so plenty of time to get your fix of 45's, before a decent finish time on a school night. Really lookin' forward to this one, so see ya there!

Comment

Thanks so much to the two Mark's for having me along and DJ Majestic Soul last night. Really nice, appreciative crowd, that definitely had their ears wide open for potential new sounds. It's always a joy to play in that environment so thanks to all the new faces I met last night....great also to see a coupla old muckers in attendance too. A truly great mid-week session and I'm honored to have shared the tables with you. Here's the second to last cut in my set that seemed to turn a few heads. Cheers all!

Comment

I've just updated the thread starter flyer including some new additions to my schedule.....namely 'Teen Scene' in London, 'SOUL'd UP' in Berlin, 'House Call' on ntslive radio show and the 'Blue Room Originals' event @ the Big Beach Cafe has been confirmed. Cheers all!

Comment

This Tuesday, I'll be appearing on Charlie Bones' excellent Do!! You!! Breakfast Radio Show on ntslive.....the broadcast kicks off at 9am, and I'll be manning the turntables at 10am. Selecting the funky gospelizations, the secular soul and whatever else takes my fancy, all on original 45 rpm pressings!

http://ntslive.co.uk/shows/charlie-bones-do-you/

Comment

Thanks so much to Charlemagne Do You Bones for having me play a set on breakfast radio for the ntslive crew. Had a great time spinning two hours of the good stuff......cheers to everyone who tuned in live and showed their support via the chatroom. You guys are awesome!

Comment

This coming weekend, I'll be completing the triumvirate of London to Leeds to Bristol back to London, and DJ'ing these two amazing events with the finest of folk from the UK soul scene. Friday 11th July, I'll be breakin' out the heavy duty, stompin' and thompin', super gritty hard hittin' 60's soul 45's at the very cool 'Empty Bottles' in Leeds.....this one will be a doozy, no doubt! Then on Saturday 12th, I'll be heading southwest and joining the 'Seriously Soulful' crew in Bristol for a fine session for the connoisseurs. Sleek soulin' ranging from downtempo harmony-led firme rola's to beautiful two steppers and onwards to some sublime 70's dancers. A really exciting adventure for me over the next few days, as I get to play such a varied cross section of my record box. Step out and join us, if ya can!

Comment

Just about managed to get my head around what an epic weekend that was, and it all started with slangin' the rares for the 'Empty Bottles' crew. A proper, sweaty, dark and dirty session, the way it should be. Some marvelous music was on show that night and if I had to pick a winner, then quite possibly Mr Chapman's Jonathan Capree 'Gonna build a mountain' on Oxbow, might just take the cake. Cheers to Gary, Rich & Eddie for having me play. And mahoosive shouts to the Leeds crew for showing the love, the banter, and the dance moves. Tune of the night from my own playbox would have to be the Willie Dale 'Let your light shine'.....amazing to see the place light up like that (pardon the pun). But extra special mention should go to the fellow who requested Etoy Bogart on Philwood. A smashin' record made all the more potent by way of request....nice one. Propers, people of Empties.....that was a banger!

Comment

Righto, then......what a fabulous session that was! After a quick refuel in the Italian restaurant next door (highly recommended for future sessions, folks!), I watched the afternoon unfold with a bevvy of smiles, laughter, dancing and an explosion of soul. Truly a great days worth of inspirational soulin'....it's clear that this event is run by people who live and breathe this music to the core. Thanks so much to Paul and Ben for having me play, and to all you lovely lot for cuttin' a rug, or chewin' the fat with me. I had a fantastic time, and hopefully I'll get a chance to do it all again some time soon. Too many good tunes to make a true personal highlight, but I'd say hearing Doc Peabody made my heart flutter a tad. A mighty cheers to friends both old and new for making this a highlight show of my tour. 'Seriously Soulful' ain't just a club name, it's a bonafide trade mark owned by Messrs Thrower & Summers, Inc. Here's my two sets, played on 12th July, and in order;

Set One

Maestro Danny Jones - 'Sum it all by saying, thank you Lord' (True Soul)
                            Bill Murphy & Mistery - 'Praise his name' (Spirit of God Recordings, Inc.)
                            New Way - 'Holding on' (Prestige)
                            Mighty Stars of Zion - 'My prayer' (Star Disc)
                            Rev. Robert Welch - 'He holds tomorrow' (Champ)
                            Rev. Harvey Gates - 'Price of love' (Acquarian)
                            Vivian Hill - 'Turn on your love light' (S.B.I.)
                            Zilla Mayes - 'All I want is you' (Tou-Sea)
                            Billy Stewart - 'Cross my heart' (Chess)
                            The Invaders - 'O Lord' (Da Gail)
                            The Divine Chords - 'Goodness of the Lord' (Gloryland)
                            The Jean Johnson Singers - 'There is no greater love' (Hummingbird)
                            The Roberts Family - 'Wake up!' (DCGS)
                            Georgette Blu - 'You had a dream' (Love)
                            The (Mighty) Christian Soldiers - 'Destination' (Goodie Train)

Set Two

Tommy Sears - 'Salvation train' (Gar)
                            Dixie Nightingales - 'I don't know' (Chalice)
                            Mighty Clouds of Joy - 'Glow love' (Myrrh)
                            Joshie Jo Armstead - I got the vibes' (Gospel Truth)
                            Dorothy Norwood - 'He's a friend' (Jewel)
                            Betty Griffin - 'Free spirit' (Mopres)
                            Lonnie Liston Smith - 'Give peace a chance (make love not war)' (Columbia)
                            Charlie Clemons and the Mighty Power Band - 'The devil has made this land his playground' (Mighty Power)
                            The Alston Brothers - 'When all God's children will be going home' (DCGS)
                            Spiritual Four - 'If you think your God is dead' (Sendus)
                            Universal Jubilaires - 'Childhood days' (Redemption)
                            Voices of Heaven - 'Voices on the move' (Love Productions, Inc.)
                            Johnson Family Gospel Singers - 'Imitations' (Raina)
                            The New York Community Choir - 'Judgement day' (Myrrh)
                            Serenity - 'Serenity' (Deep Roots)
                            The Celestial Choir - Stand on the word' (No Label)

Comment

Soooo lookin' forward to this weekend's one, two, three punch of gigs which is shaping up a little like this. Friday, I'll be joining my good friend DJ Snowboy for a session of deep funk classics, hard hitting soul & r&b movers at The Good Foot @ Madame Jojo's, Brewer St., London...always a superb session, without doubt! Then on Saturday, I'll be heading northwards for another stunning night of super rare soul 45's with the Soul Funk-tion lads, David and Sean, plus a whole host of some of the countries best. Notepads at the ready at the Walsall Football Club function room, this one will be nuts! And on Sunday, I join the Horse Meat Disco crew for a serious dose of the holy ghost.....a raft of gospel disco aimed at the dancefloor for the glamorous crowd at The Eagle in Vauxhall, London. Looking forward to reuniting with the Block9 crew after the wonder that was the NYC Downlow @ Glastonbury Festival, so glad rags at the ready, this one could get messy. See ya on the dancefloor!

Comment

Working...
                              X